Black People Politics : NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal Speaks Out: 'I Do Consider Myself to Be Black'

Exactly bro. Enki, say that again. The NAACP is not a black institution per say, we covered this extensively in Politics from the Black Prespective Thread.

I think many of us look at race in a simplistic way. Your post was spot on when you dove deeper into the issue of how folk identify themselves. IMO, this is another area where cultural misunderstandings are common. We are so use to assuming that racial categories are biological rather than social, and you were correct in pointing this out....:toast:

I wonder if it occurs to many of us that people from other cultures have a different set of racial concepts and classify themselves and us differently. I will be the first to say that I have at times said that immigrants from other countries, for example Haiti or Jamaica "act as if they aren't black." I'm sure you've heard other say something to this effect. That was due to my cultural misunderstanding that in their country of origin, they may well not be black. But that doesn't mean that they think they are white......Ye feel me?

Brutha Clyde...you continue to live up to your avatar...thanks for the lesson:cool:

Peace!

I think many of us look at race in a simplistic way. Your post was spot on when you dove deeper into the issue of how folk identify themselves. IMO, this is another area where cultural misunderstandings are common. We are so use to assuming that racial categories are biological rather than social, and you were correct in pointing this out....:toast:

I wonder if it occurs to many of us that people from other cultures have a different set of racial concepts and classify themselves and us differently. I will be the first to say that I have at times said that immigrants from other countries, for example Haiti or Jamaica "act as if they aren't black." I'm sure you've heard other say something to this effect. That was due to my cultural misunderstanding that in their country of origin, they may well not be black. But that doesn't mean that they think they are white......Ye feel me?

Brutha Clyde...you continue to live up to your avatar...thanks for the lesson:cool:

Peace!

:wb: Bro. Enki, and thanks; its good to know you still riding wit me ........................ :horse: ...............

Black Lives Matter leader accused of ‘pulling a Dolezal’

An investigative blogger claims that a prominent leader in the Black Lives Matter movement has been living as Rachel Dolezal 2.0 — by pretending to be biracial when he is actually white, even going as far as convincing Oprah Winfrey to give him a full-ride scholarship to a historically black college ...

blm-rd.jpg

Shaun King and Rachel DolezalPhoto: Facebook ; AP

http://nypost.com/2015/08/19/black-lives-matter-leader-accused-of-pulling-a-rachel-dolezal/

The twitter roast was HILARIOUS!!!!!

She really needs to go to more Charleston, SC bible studies..... I bet she will proclaim as load as possible that she is white then

Welcome back my sister friend, Bootzey, as always, I will continue to love that screen name ... Bootzey! Every time I see it, makes me think of Bootzey Collins, a bad boy:

1122291.jpg

But on the issue of Rachel, so far, nothing has shaken her from vehemently proclaiming to be Black.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back