Black People Politics : NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal Speaks Out: 'I Do Consider Myself to Be Black'

Rachel Dolezal Response: What Al Sharpton, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Black Leaders Said About Former NAACP President's Identity Claims

... On the other hand, it is very possible and understandable for a person of one race to call themselves a member of another race, said Michael Eric Dyson, a sociology professor at Georgetown University who has published a number of books on racial issues in America. "Bill Clinton is the 'first black president,' though he didn't claim he was black," Dyson said Monday on MSNBC's "The Ed Show" before expounding on the metaphor. "It means that she may not be African-American, but she certainly could be black in a cultural sense. She's taking on the ideas, the identities, the struggles. She’s identified with them. I bet a lot more black people would support Rachel Dolezal than would support, say, Clarence Thomas." ...

dolezal.JPG

Washington state civil rights advocate Rachel Dolezal appears on NBC's "Today" show in New York, Tuesday, June 16, 2015. She said she still feels black despite evidence to the contrary. Reuters

http://www.ibtimes.com/rachel-dolez...abdul-jabbar-black-leaders-said-about-1969961

In the Spirit of Sankofa-Deep Ancestry,

NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal Speaks Out: 'I Do Consider Myself to Be Black'

... Dolezal has publicly identifying as African-American for years and reported on a city application for the Police Ombudsman Commission, which she has been chairman of since January, that she was white, black and American Indian ...

naacp-woman2_ipad_1434235961.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/naacp-leader-rachel-dolezal-speaks-220000594.html

Here is my take on the matter. This tells me that many of us don't know that the NAACP was started by whites to help the blacks, and no one seemed to have a problem with that. Also, if her parents was this mad, why didn't they move on it right off the bat?

Peace!

Rachel Dolezal Response: What Al Sharpton, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Black Leaders Said About Former NAACP President's Identity Claims

"It means that she may not be African-American, but she certainly could be black in a cultural sense. She's taking on the ideas, the identities, the struggles. She’s identified with them. I bet a lot more black people would support Rachel Dolezal than would support, say, Clarence Thomas." .....

This well made point is wasted, eventhough he is correct, many of us just won't get it.
Peace!

Here is my take on the matter. This tells me that many of us don't know that the NAACP was started by whites to help the blacks, and no one seemed to have a problem with that. Also, if her parents was this mad, why didn't they move on it right off the bat?

Peace!

Exactly bro. Enki, say that again. The NAACP is not a black institution per say, we covered this extensively in Politics from the Black Prespective Thread: https://destee.com/pfbp/

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back