Black People Politics : NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal Speaks Out: 'I Do Consider Myself to Be Black'

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Controversial? Its complex but not according to her deep ancestry. At any rate, get ready for the movie Framily, its coming.

Controversial US activist Dolezal: 'I identify as black'

... "I identify as black," an unapologetic Dolezal told NBC's "Today" show, in her first interview since her story made national headlines.

She said that by age five, she was already "drawing self-portraits with the brown crayon instead of peach. Black curly hair."

"It's a little more complex than me identifying as black or answering a question of 'are you black or white?'" she told NBC ...

NBC News shows former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal while being interviewed by Matt Lauer about allegations she lied about her race, on the Today Show (AFP Photo/Anthony Quintano)

https://news.yahoo.com/controversial-us-activist-identify-black-132331180.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Sorry Tanya, either the scientific answer you posted solves it, or it doesn't. In actuality, the science answer settles it, but you are flip-flopping and unsure, no wonder you are confuzzled:

Modern Humans Came Out of Africa, "Definitive" Study Says
James Owen
for National Geographic News
July 18, 2007
We are solely children of Africa—with no Neandertals or island-dwelling "hobbits" in our family tree, according to a new study.

Scientists who compared the skulls and DNA of human remains from around the world say their results point to modern humans (Homo sapiens) having a single origin in Africa.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/07/070718-african-origin.html

I Am Confuzzled by Ms. Rachel Dolezal's Identity Crisis So I Asked My Kids for Help

Tanya Young Williams Become a fan

TV Personality, Legal Analyst, Host, Inspirational Speaker, Author, Mother

... In a recent interview, Rachel Dolezal said that she identifies as Black, but does not call herself African-American. Yet, she also raises the question: "Didn't everyone's ancestors come from Africa?" The scientific answer of "yes" would give credence and allowance for her to recognize her African descent if she'd like - well, sort of, but not really...I am so confuzzled ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tanya-young-williams/i-am-confuzzled-by-ms-rac_1_b_7577158.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

'Black' activist resigns helm of US civil rights group

... The Washington state chapter of the NAACP posted Dolezal's resignation letter on its Facebook page.

In it, she writes that her commitment to the "racial and social justice movement" is undiminished but that "the dialogue has unexpectedly shifted internationally to my personal identity in the context of defining race and ethnicity." ...

"There's a lot of complexities... and I don't know that everyone would understand that."

https://news.yahoo.com/black-activist-resigns-helm-us-civil-rights-group-170238755.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Huge, very good question Melissa.

Melissa Harris-Perry on Rachel Dolezal: ‘It Is Possible That She Might Actually Be Black?

If you’ve been following the Rachel Dolezal story online, you may have seen the word “transracial” being thrown around and people saying choosing to be black is like Caitlyn Jenner choosing to be female. It’s unclear how much of it’s sincere and how much is just straight-up trolling, but MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry entertained the notion on her show today with kind of a huge question.

Is it possible that she might actually be black?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/melissa-harris-perry-on-rachel-dolezal-it-is-possible-that-she-might-actually-be-black/

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

"I IDENTIFY AS BLACK": Rachel Dolezal SPEAKS OUT To Melissa Harris Perry On MSNBC!!

Is NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal African-American Or Faking It?

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Life is just a breath, but your works last forever.
@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.