Black People Politics : NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal Speaks Out: 'I Do Consider Myself to Be Black'

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Controversial? Its complex but not according to her deep ancestry. At any rate, get ready for the movie Framily, its coming.

Controversial US activist Dolezal: 'I identify as black'

... "I identify as black," an unapologetic Dolezal told NBC's "Today" show, in her first interview since her story made national headlines.

She said that by age five, she was already "drawing self-portraits with the brown crayon instead of peach. Black curly hair."

"It's a little more complex than me identifying as black or answering a question of 'are you black or white?'" she told NBC ...

NBC News shows former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal while being interviewed by Matt Lauer about allegations she lied about her race, on the Today Show (AFP Photo/Anthony Quintano)

https://news.yahoo.com/controversial-us-activist-identify-black-132331180.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Sorry Tanya, either the scientific answer you posted solves it, or it doesn't. In actuality, the science answer settles it, but you are flip-flopping and unsure, no wonder you are confuzzled:

Modern Humans Came Out of Africa, "Definitive" Study Says
James Owen
for National Geographic News
July 18, 2007
We are solely children of Africa—with no Neandertals or island-dwelling "hobbits" in our family tree, according to a new study.

Scientists who compared the skulls and DNA of human remains from around the world say their results point to modern humans (Homo sapiens) having a single origin in Africa.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/07/070718-african-origin.html

I Am Confuzzled by Ms. Rachel Dolezal's Identity Crisis So I Asked My Kids for Help

Tanya Young Williams Become a fan

TV Personality, Legal Analyst, Host, Inspirational Speaker, Author, Mother

... In a recent interview, Rachel Dolezal said that she identifies as Black, but does not call herself African-American. Yet, she also raises the question: "Didn't everyone's ancestors come from Africa?" The scientific answer of "yes" would give credence and allowance for her to recognize her African descent if she'd like - well, sort of, but not really...I am so confuzzled ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tanya-young-williams/i-am-confuzzled-by-ms-rac_1_b_7577158.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

'Black' activist resigns helm of US civil rights group

... The Washington state chapter of the NAACP posted Dolezal's resignation letter on its Facebook page.

In it, she writes that her commitment to the "racial and social justice movement" is undiminished but that "the dialogue has unexpectedly shifted internationally to my personal identity in the context of defining race and ethnicity." ...

"There's a lot of complexities... and I don't know that everyone would understand that."

https://news.yahoo.com/black-activist-resigns-helm-us-civil-rights-group-170238755.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Huge, very good question Melissa.

Melissa Harris-Perry on Rachel Dolezal: ‘It Is Possible That She Might Actually Be Black?

If you’ve been following the Rachel Dolezal story online, you may have seen the word “transracial” being thrown around and people saying choosing to be black is like Caitlyn Jenner choosing to be female. It’s unclear how much of it’s sincere and how much is just straight-up trolling, but MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry entertained the notion on her show today with kind of a huge question.

Is it possible that she might actually be black?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/melissa-harris-perry-on-rachel-dolezal-it-is-possible-that-she-might-actually-be-black/

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

"I IDENTIFY AS BLACK": Rachel Dolezal SPEAKS OUT To Melissa Harris Perry On MSNBC!!

Is NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal African-American Or Faking It?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
If gays can say they always knew they were, why cant she do the same?

sankofa2015

Jun 17, 2015
Why lie about it???? Lies and lying is not of the nature of our Creator...the Supreme Being....true leadership....must be true to oneself...and those who follow you....to be one with our creator and other sisters and brothers....all untruths...evilness....eventually come to the light....we...as a people..are the true.....lightbearers....we the original....real people of the earth...who can, in no way, mix....be apart of....dwell amongst...integrate...or be like....in ANY way.....that which is non-original....anti-nature...and just plain evil and destructive....anything that is against truth....is AGAINST us....so likewise...we should be against it....our victory....is their demise....so be it

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
Chassi Jay Gee wrote "The consensus appears to be that in pretending to be black, Rachel Dolezal didn't hurt anyone. For the record, that's untrue.

1. She filed fake police reports for racial discrimination and harassment (some of which she mailed to herself) that didn't happen at a time when hateful actions against black men, women and children are often not investigated or referred to as such. The FBI was investigating the "crimes" she reported.

2. She received a full scholarship to Howard for her Masters under this ruse, a scholarship that she likely received over another much deserving and honest black, woman applicant.

3. She was hired as a professor to teach Africana studies. Anyone in academia can tell you how slim the opportunities in academia are for black women; this professorship more than likely came at the expense of another black woman.

4. Based on information shared with social media, she used her power as a professor to mistreat black women who took her classes.

5. A white person teaching Africana studies in blackface? What the hell?

6. She was elected to a position of leadership as local NAACP president under the premise of being a black woman. (Note: white people have held leadership roles in these organizations before, but as white people and not fake black people)

7. She not only appropriated black identity, but while carrying on with this charade, exploited adopted black brothers and created an identity as a "victim" which turned into a rather profitable situation for her."
Thank you for posting this! You know, #4 really ring a bell for me, as I did graduate from an HBCU and while attending, there were quite a few White professors that mis-taught subjects within the African American History department/classes. This reminded me of a time that I was walking down the hallway and I heard this White woman telling the class that 'there were White slaves too'... It really made me angry because it was if she was trying to undercut the purpose for the entire HBCU! But somebody hired her...to do that...

4. Based on information shared with social media, she used her power as a professor to mistreat black women who took her classes....
Right now, I am suffering because I went to the doctor to get medicine and as usual, they assigned me to a PA and a Nurses Practitioner which is always a White woman, and I was denied proper medication. Eventhough I told her that the medicine did not work, she refused to give me another kind of medicine. My mind goes back too, when I was a little girl, 5 years old, and my teacher, a kindergarten teacher, a white woman, punched me in the back of my head, while I was seated at the table doing my assignment which was to draw a picture of your favorite season. I was the only black girl in the class and there was one other little 'colored boy' in the class. I guess it may have had something to do with my cousin who was a year older than me and when she was in that kindergarten class. Well... she was actually kicked out of that school! Yes, a kindergarten child, kicked out of school. Apparently she bit the teacher on the leg, that was what i heard. I don't know, but I could go on and on about other stories too in order to make the point, that White women posing as a Black woman is just wrong and it is an insult to the hardships we have endured due to racism in this country. I do not understand why she felt the need to pose as a Black woman to further her life.

I believe that if was not for these days and times while there are still Black women, we would see a movie about the African Slave Trade, and see the actress playing the part of KIZZY, as being a straight haired blonde headed, blue-eyed white woman... but hey, this might be going on now too. Even though the ancient scripts describe Zippora as being both Cush Ham and Ethiopian, she has been portrayed as a White woman in major movie industry films! If that doesn't show Black women how much 'we' are hated for being apart of the definition of ancient people in Africa and the middle East, then it should prove we might still be spiritually asleep. White women should not be mocking us in this way. Can you imagine a White woman playing the role of Kizzy and being raped by a White man!? That just doesn't make since to me. This system does not want to admit what they have done to us as Black women, or Black people as a whole. We are being so exploited.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
If gays can say they always knew they were, why cant she do the same?

This is just the beginning of a bigger conversation for the nation, a TV show and perhaps a movie, however, before comparing the transgender/transsexual thing to this case, deep-ancestral genetics should be considered.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: