Black People Politics : NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal Speaks Out: 'I Do Consider Myself to Be Black'

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,499
    Cornrows By Ray Ray? Rachel Dolezal Is Starting A Hairstyling Business
    By ToyaSharee

VIBE reports that as of late, Dolezal has been displaying her hairstyling talents on social media and home girl is specializing in natural hair and braids. The 40-year-old has shared photos of her handy work on her Instagram page with all of her 10,300 followers which feature everything from cornrows to box braids on both male and female clients ...

http://madamenoire.com/1021458/rachel-dolezal-working-as-a-natural-hairstylist/

Cornrows By Ray Ray? Rachel Dolezal Is Starting A Hairstyling Business

As much as many of us are over the timeless “trans-racial” tale that is Rachel Dolezal, you may be surprised (or not) to see that the former civil rights activist and African Studies in…
    madamenoire.com

[​IMG]
    Rachel Dolezal

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,499
    ‘Weavologist’ Rachel Dolezal brags about hair salon biz
    By Janine Puhak

Is this Rachel Dolezal’s second act?

Dolezal, the controversial former NAACP leader who claimed to be African-American, has taken to social media in recent weeks to highlight the success of her in-home hair salon business ...

https://nypost.com/2018/04/11/weavologist-rachel-dolezal-brags-about-hair-salon-biz/

'Weavologist' Rachel Dolezal brags about hair salon biz

Is this Rachel Dolezal’s second act? Dolezal, the controversial former NAACP leader who claimed to be African-American, has taken to social media in recent weeks to highlight the success of her
    nypost.com

[​IMG]
    AP

3. Bboanerge

Bboanerge Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +11
    It is always great to see non-Blacks respectfully Idolizing Black Culture. I bet they must suffer a lot, within their 'non-Black' real life of openly praising Black Culture.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,499
    :facepalm:

NO LESSON LEARNED
    Rachel Dolezal Plays an Exhausting, Self-Centered Victim in Her Netflix Documentary
    The Netflix documentary, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival, shows that the white woman who pretends to be black still doesn’t get it

[​IMG]
    IRA MADISON III

... There have been many words written about Rachel Dolezal, the infamous white woman who has pretended to be black for what seems like a century or maybe that’s just how long my headache feels. I did not think words were necessary for this woman after the writer Ijeoma Oluo profiled Dolezal in The Stranger last year.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rache...r-netflix-documentary?source=articles&via=rss

Rachel Dolezal Plays an Exhausting, Self-Centered Victim in Her Netflix Documentary

The Netflix documentary, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival, shows that the white woman who pretends to be black still doesn’t get it.
    thedailybeast.com

[​IMG]
    NETFLIX

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,499
    :facepalm: She lost me with the "trans-racial" concept.

Why I accept Rachel Dolezal’s commitment to her African-American identity

[​IMG]
    Clarence PageContact Reporter

... To me, as an African-American, her widely complimented skills at styling black hair, like her now-ended NAACP leadership, is a sign that she feels fully committed to her black identity. Most of the rest of us have yet to be convinced.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...l-naacp-passing-for-black-20180508-story.html

Why I accept Rachel Dolezal’s commitment to her African-American identity

A new film sheds light on why Rachel Dolezal tried to leave her white past behind, without quite explaining why she still insists she really is black.
    chicagotribune.com

upload_2018-5-9_13-25-20.png
    This image released by Netflix shows Rachel Dolezal in a scene from the documentary "The Rachel Divide," which premiered April 27, 2018. (AP)

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,499
    :facepalm:

Rachel Dolezal, former NAACP leader who posed as black, accused of welfare fraud

Associated Press

Rachel Dolezal, who legally changed her name to Nkechi Diallo in 2016, was charged this week with theft by welfare fraud, perjury and false verification for public assistance, Spokane news station KHQ-TV reported Thursday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...zal-charged-welfare-fraud-20180524-story.html

Rachel Dolezal, former NAACP leader who posed as black, accused of welfare fraud

A former NAACP leader in Washington state whose life unraveled after she was outed as a white woman pretending to be black has been charged with welfare fraud.
    chicagotribune.com

upload_2018-5-25_23-11-2.png
    In this March 20, 2017, photo, Rachel Dolezal poses for a photo with her son, Langston, at the bureau of The Associated Press in Spokane, Wash. Dolezal has been charged with welfare fraud, news station KHQ-TV report

(Nicholas K. Geranios / AP)

7. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,535
    Watched her story on Netflix last evening.
    I could only see her as being mentally unstable.
    I do believe she hated her white parents and wanted to hurt them by becoming Black. That she thinks she can BECOME Black is the insult and the problem.
    Rachel is a self centered, narcissistic, nut case with 2 young adopted Black boys that hate the suffering and harassment from school students.
    The have to tolerate their mothers insanity.
    That they are being affected by her lie doesn’t have an affect on her. That she ignores her sons feeling is narcissist.
    I feel most sorry for the boys.
    I hope her 15 minutes of fame are up.
    She’s an embarrassment.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,499