Black People Politics : NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal Speaks Out: 'I Do Consider Myself to Be Black'

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009

Maya Rudolph finally offers up the Rachel Dolezal impression everyone has been asking her for

Rudolph told Seth Meyers that she's been asked for an impression every day since the Dolezal story first broke

Maya Rudolph (Credit: Late Night With Seth Meyers)

In the days since Rachel Dolezal’s national controversy first came to fruition, departed “SNL” performer Maya Rudolph says she’s been bombarded with requests for an impression of the disgraced NAACP chapter president.

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/23/may..._impression_everyone_has_been_asking_her_for/

LOL! That is funny.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
WOW! That's just crazy!!! But the funny thing is that maybe Black people will listen to her as a White woman saying this, because thy sure haven't listened to me in the church community as I have been constantly saying this about that movie, Exodus by DeMille. Now, I haven't seen this new movie that came out because when I heard that the producers were connected to the DeMille film, i didn't bother to watch it. Every year when I was young I was made to sit down with the family and watch this movie Exodus, with Charlston Heston, in it. And every year up until last year, I hear this Charlston Heston movie being advertised on the BLACK CHRISTIAN RADIO and other White films too, and it is just unbelievable. So even though this woman has been outed by her parents and she perpetuates what she is stating, she is definitely speaking the resounding truth about this movie and obviously, this newer rendition. But I have also come to realize that based on the very Bible, these type of movies would absolutely be defined by Jesus Christ as total Blasphemy. Here is some of the statements that she made in this youtube:

She stated that this film is connected to curriculum and that,

" A lot of people might go to that film, hopefully nobody goes to that film from my perspective because it's mis-education, it's mis-representation, it's highly offensive ... to the people today, it's robbing and shredding ancestral history. So, but if you go to that without knowing, again with the typical public educational system, then you're probably think that that's how it happened... a movie like that is sheer propaganda."

She also spoke about White Supremacy and lighter skinned people being upper class.

This strong statement that she made only shows how affective that Cecil B. DeMille Exodus movie had been AGAINST AFRICAN AMERICAN PEOPLE and shows that the most of Black Church is DEAD to the truth, and this is why they keep repeating this tactic! But that fact that she is making this statement also is just absolutely crazy. It is so hypocritical. Where is the Black Voice against these type of lies put out in the media. Oh well, offenses must come, but woe to the offender.

Exactly Chevron Dove, the framework of her position and yours deeply reflects the title of my book:

Does Color Matter? Only When Misrepresented!

The Bible depicts the colors of Man and Consequences of false Representation

https://destee.com/threads/naacp-le...onsider-myself-to-be-black.83662/#post-921095

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

It's Impossible to Lie About Your Race

Ann MorningBecome a fan
NYU, Associate Professor of Sociology

... The frenzy over Dolezal has erupted because her claim to black identity defies a longstanding American belief that human beings come in three or four or five flavors called "races," which are linked to the geographical areas from which our ancestors came, and which are characterized by physical characteristics that are passed down from one generation to the next. According to this dominant view, Dolezal is objectively white because her parents are white Americans whose recent ancestors were from Europe ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ann-morning/its-impossible-to-lie-about-your-race_b_7708598.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

"Rachel Dolezal’s recent unmasking as a white woman living as black sparked a debate about the legitimacy of "transracial" experience. I cannot speak for Dolezal or anyone else, but I can state for a fact that racial transition is a valid experience, because I have gone through it."

When I Was White

Family photo ... Sarah Valentine as a girl, with her two brothers

... While most people would look at this photo and see a black girl, two white boys, and a very surprised cat, they would be wrong. The girl in the photo is white, just like her brothers. I was raised in a white family from birth and taught to identify as white. For most of my life, I didn’t know that my biological father was black. Whenever I asked as a child about my darker skin, my mother corrected me, saying it was not dark but "olive." When others asked if I was adopted, my mother ignored them. Eventually everyone, including me, stopped asking ...

http://chronicle.com/article/When-I-Was-White/231347/

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

New Spokane NAACP head looks to future after Dolezal scandal

The new president of the Spokane NAACP says she wants to focus on repairing the damage from the recent Rachel Dolezal controversy.

Naima Quarles-Burnley is the new president of the Spokane NAACP. (Spokane NAACP Facebook page)

... Naima Quarles-Burnley last month replaced Dolezal, who resigned amid questions about her racial identity after her parents said she was a white woman pretending to be black.

Quarles-Burnley tells The Spokesman-Review (http://is.gd/plr0Xy ) the episode hurt the organization because people questioned the group’s integrity. But the chapter’s new leader says she’s committed to moving forward and showing that the actions of one don’t reflect on all ...

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/new-spokane-naacp-head-wants-to-repair-damage-move-forward/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RAPTOR Black People : NAACP leader/civil rights activist outed as WHITE, parents say she's been pretending to be black Black People Open Forum 31
I Black People : NAACP leader switches to republican Black People Open Forum 6
HODEE Black People : Rihanna Says Tell Your Friends Of Other Races To "Pull Up" For Black Issues | NAACP Image Awards Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black People : NAACP ISSUES TRAVEL ADVSORY AGAINST AMERICAN AIRLINES Black People Open Forum 29
PurpleMoons Black People : NAACP ISSUES TRAVEL WARNING FOR MISSOURI Black People Open Forum 2
Kemetstry Law Forum : NAACP WARNS MINORITIES AND WOMEN ABOUT MISSOURI Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : NAACP wants new direction..... Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : NAACP 'Systemwide Refresh': Derrick Johnson named interim CEO - First Action Black People Politics 15
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : naacp-calls on bethune-cookman-pres-to resign for inviting devos Black People Politics 1
Liberty Black Entertainment : The 48th NAACP Image Awards Nominees… Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : NAACP Demands Trump Apologize to John Lewis Black People Politics 17
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : naacp-minority-officers-association-slam-patriots-day-movie Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
J The Front Porch : Armed ‘White Lives Matter’ Group Protests at NAACP in Houston The Front Porch 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : NAACP members call for ban on privately managed charter schools Black Education / Schools 1
Liberty Black People Politics : Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to Join Board of NAACP Legal Defense Fund Black People Politics 4
Cb_parent Black People Politics : NAACP legal defense fund petitions judge for Michael Brown case Black People Politics 13
RAPTOR Black People : Why Is The NAACP Siding With Verizon Over Net Neutrality? Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : NAACP selects Brooks as new president and CEO Black People Politics 4
shaka64 Black People : The president of the Los Angeles chapter of the NAACP resigned Black People Open Forum 9
RAPTOR Black People : Donald Sterling Thinks He Owns Basketball Players, But He Really DOES Own the NAACP Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People : NAN, NAACP & Other Hypocritical "Civil Rights" Organizations... Black People Open Forum 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Big Shake-Up At The NAACP Black People Politics 0
shaka64 Black Education / Schools : The Crisis: A Record of the Darker Races - NAACP Magazine (1910 - 1922 All Issues) Black Education / Schools 23
Kamau47 Black People : NAACP Award Show With No Black Nominees Black People Open Forum 22
Kemetstry Black People : NAACP AND KKK MEET Black People Open Forum 5
Alarm Clock Black Education / Schools : NAACP scholarships Black Education / Schools 0
RAPTOR Black People : A Plan to Sue the NAACP under RICO Act Black People Open Forum 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : About 140 arrested in NC during NAACP protest Black People Politics 23
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Past mistakes of the NAACP AACOOLDRE 7
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : Romney to NAACP: Economy is ‘worse for African Americans in almost every way’ Black People Politics 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black pastors bash NAACP for endorsing gay marriage Black People Politics 133
Mercyless1803 Black People Politics : NAACP backs same sex marriage Black People Politics 18
Chevron Dove Sudan : NAACP & Movie Star Arrested~Concerning Crisis in Sudan Sudan 4
Ms Drea Black People : Breaking News: Troy Davis to be Executed on September 21st‏- E-Mail from NAACP Black People Open Forum 0
Ms Drea Black People : Breaking News: Troy Davis to be Executed on September 21st‏- E-Mail from NAACP Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : NAACP to protest Confederate memorial celebration in SC Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : NAACP & The Trojan Horse AACOOLDRE 0
W Black People : Blacks speak out against the NAACP of today and defend the Tea Party Black People Open Forum 4
S Haiti : the NAACP and Haiti... 1923 Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
3 Black People : Lorenzo Ervin's letter to the NAACP Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : SPYING,THE NAACP & GARVEY AACOOLDRE 8
HODEE Black People : Gay's Marching and NAACP Supporting.. I knew they sold us out.. but this is the worse Black People Open Forum 9
P Black People : NAACP Pied Piping our children to Cheney's wars??? Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Memo to the NAACP AACOOLDRE 0
DARKSIDE MAGICK Black People : NAACP-NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF "CERTAIN" PEOPLE Black People Open Forum 91
jamesfrmphilly Black People : rev wright's speech to naacp.... Black People Open Forum 5
R Black People : School to Perform Play NAACP Had Opposed Black People Open Forum 0
D Black Entertainment : JENNIFER HUDSON wins NAACP Image Awards ,refuses to get naked for movie Black Entertainment 4
Destee Black People : Bush's NAACP Speech (2006) Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : NAACP images...... Black Entertainment 89