Black People : NAACP ISSUES TRAVEL ADVSORY AGAINST AMERICAN AIRLINES

Deja Vu. Here we go again with the NAACP's conveniently selective rage and corporate bankrupting targeting of racist entities. Tamika Mallory like Rosa Parks wasn't the first, second, third, fourth or even the fifth Black (But The First Notable Black Female, I say Black female because long before Rosa Parks garnered global attention because she was a well liked female NAACP volunteer, Bayard Rustin of C.O.R.E fame was arrested in 1942 with no blowback from the NAACP, strange) to suffer racial profiling and being designated a disruptive passenger and being removed from the plane or worst arrested and put on the official FAA/DHS No Fly List. Like Rosa with her personal alignment with NAACP, Tamika who is a notable Women's March co-founder was just right for the NAACP to blow back on AA after month's of "MONITORING" well documented racial profiling and acting precipitously when handling so called hostile Black passengers. Well AA will agree to endorse NAACP for the next 3 years and NAACP corporate will get free first class tickets with thousands of free frequent flier miles and other "off the record" perks befitting an institution for the little people. Nothing more to see here you working class Blacks, move along.

In any war, one MUST pick your spots to strike. They nor we are big enough to fight everyone. Attacking AA warns all the others to mind their Ps and Qs

What's really strange here though is not American Airlines but Delta Airlines closely followed by United Airlines are number 1 and number 2 with the highest records of bumping black passengers without cause, not accommodating them with proper customer service or having them removed for cause, arrested and put on the FAA/DHS No Fly List. Like I said before the NAACP has it's own agenda so AA gets the hit.

My point exactly. Both Delta and United are now on notice they are next.

• An African-American man was required to relinquish his purchased seats aboard a flight from Washington, D.C. to Raleigh-Durham, merely because he responded to disrespectful and discriminatory comments directed toward him by two unruly white passengers.
  • Despite having previously booked first-class tickets for herself and a traveling companion, an African-American woman’s seating assignment was switched to the coach section at the ticket counter, while her white companion remained assigned to a first-class seat.
  • On a flight bound for New York from Miami, the pilot directed that an African-American woman be removed from the flight when she complained to the gate agent about having her seating assignment changed without her consent.
  • An African-American woman and her infant child were removed from a flight from Atlanta to New York City when the woman (incidentally a Harvard Law School student) asked that her stroller be retrieved from checked baggage before she would disembark.

Ha! Doesn't look like it to me. There were allegedly four instances given. American Airlines flies nearly 200 million passengers yearly. Do you have any idea how many passengers that is daily? If they were a racist organization -there would be an irrefutable pattern of discrimination that is documented daily by hundreds if not thousands of black passengers. The NAACP only cited four instances! I have personally seen passengers ejected for similar and like distractions and behaviors. But they were all white people. Did you read about it? Did it make local or national news? No it didn't. The cases sited by the NAACP are weak. In none of those instances did the airline employees specifically use racist epithets or name calling during the altercations. And if they they did -would that be concrete and solid evidence to conclude that AA as a business entity is racist? I don't think so. The black passengers assumed their bad treatment was because of their race. I'm sure the experience these people suffered was humiliating and perhaps unnecessary. But little evidence has been produced to say without doubt that AA is a racist business. I've never understood how black people will pull the race card when situations are not in their favor. And by saying that I'm not saying they did not face unnecessary or rude treatment. I'm simply saying perhaps they were victims of poor and unprofessional treatment and race has nothing to do with it. Is that possible?

Ha! Doesn't look like it to me. There were allegedly four instances given. American Airlines flies nearly 200 million passengers yearly. Do you have any idea how many passengers that is daily? If they were a racist organization -there would be an irrefutable pattern of discrimination that is documented daily by hundreds if not thousands of black passengers. The NAACP only cited four instances! I have personally seen passengers ejected for similar and like distractions and behaviors. But they were all white people. Did you read about it? Did it make local or national news? No it didn't. The cases sited by the NAACP are weak. In none of those instances did the airline employees specifically use racist epithets or name calling during the altercations. And if they they did -would that be concrete and solid evidence to conclude that AA as a business entity is racist? I don't think so. The black passengers assumed their bad treatment was because of their race. I'm sure the experience these people suffered was humiliating and perhaps unnecessary. But little evidence has been produced to say without doubt that AA is a racist business. I've never understood how black people will pull the race card when situations are not in their favor. And by saying that I'm not saying they did not face unnecessary or rude treatment. I'm simply saying perhaps they were victims of poor and unprofessional treatment and race has nothing to do with it. Is that possible?

They fly ~550k a day. They don't have to be a racist organization. But they had a problem which they refused to either deal with or acknowledge. Thus, the public embarrassment. Moreover, why do you ASSume their bad treatment wasn't because of their race? Blacks have a historical basis for their paranoia. What is your counter?

"They fly ~550k a day. They don't have to be a racist organization. But they had a problem which they refused to either deal with or acknowledge."

Wow! This is easy. AA flies 550k passengers per day. Given this extraordinary number of passengers being flown -do you think the only instances of poor treatment of passengers is limited to four people? Really? You know the answer. But answer this -what happened to the other non-black people that were treated poorly? Why have you not heard of their abuse? Who speaks for them? Why just these four? Ooops! My bad! I forgot -they're black.....

"Thus, the public embarrassment. Moreover, why do you ASSume their bad treatment wasn't because of their race?"

Well, let me answer your question with a question: What evidence or proof can you provide that they were purposely singled out by the alleged white AA employee’s because they were black and no other reason? You have none other than the AA employees were white and the passengers were black. Again -what other evidence other than differences in race can you provide? And according to your logic, if a conflict occurs, if one party is white and the other party is black -the whites are racist and initiated the problem and the blacks are helpless victims. Right?

"Blacks have a historical basis for their paranoia."

Agreed. History has thoroughly documented this. But I take issue when the only proof (according to you) you can provide is if a conflict occurs and it involves a white person and a black person -the white person is automatically at fault and guilty of being racist by default while the black person is an innocent victim. And the thousands of cases of non-blacks who are humiliated and ill treated by AA goes unnoticed and under reported. Once again, who speaks to the similar and like abuse they suffered? What? They don't count? What's up wit dat?

"What is your counter?"

Just gave it.....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back