Black Entertainment : NAACP images......

Lyric Genesis said:
Ya know...I am so tired of of pseudo-conscious, black men grading black women's worthiness on the way we style our hair..
how do you feel about conscious black men doing it?
if i can watch the show and see NO black women with natural hair i have a problem.

BTW - welcome to the site.:wave:

jamesfrmphilly said:
how do you feel about conscious black men doing it?
if i can watch the show and see NO black women with natural hair i have a problem.

BTW - welcome to the site.:wave:
I guessn what I'm trying to understand, what is the problem..Sistas who had their natural on...Tracy Ellis Ross, India.Arie, S.Epathamcpherson..to name a few but what does it matter?

Conciousness is not in the hair...i have spoken with locked brothers, who are clueless...brothers with fros who dont read, and brothers with braids who doesn't know who the vice-president is...

That's the thing...conciousnes is a stae of mind and spirit...we all different levels thereof...

Thanks for welcoming me

jamesfrmphilly said:
I have a problem with black people processing their hair to look white.
i have a major problem with that.
if you do not that's all good, but I do.

ok..that's your deal...don't understand it,but I will respect it..
I will say this...if you were to see my library, and knew my intelluct in regards, to social change, history, and world culture...if I were to tell you of my experiences and world travels, and some of the intellucts, I have broken bread with...you may just consider me concious....a real Black woman with a sense of self and her people...

But if you didn't know those things,as you don't, and you saw me on the street with my blond hair, acrylic tips, designer handbags, and good shoes..you would think I was one lost black sista...

that's all I'm saying..I have never tried to be white, or look white...although I have white blood pulsating through my veins, and most people on the parental side of my family were born with blue eyes and green eyes...and my maternal grandfather had straight hair...

I never judge a black person or anyone on their appearance...because its just that a cover....

Peace brother James

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back