Black Entertainment : NAACP images......

naacp images

i hear ya loud and clear,these so called black awards shows are getting to be just more popularity contest to see and be seen among the rich and wanna be rich which makes them no better than the white ones,sometimes we have to stop tryin to[imulate]and just[originate]..then if you look at the [naacp]in an age where we now call ourselves[african american]isn't[coloured]a little outdated?

Ya know...I am so tired of of pseudo-conscious, black men grading black women's worthiness on the way we style our hair..
The most beautiful thing about being a black woman is we have the choice to be nappy,braided, weaved, locked, permed, bald...it's our choice...no more, no less...our white counterparts don't have that choice..It has never been a question of whether we like or dislike wearing our hair natural..
I have worn my hair natural, and my hair isn't kinky by nature...does this make less black...
In regards to the NAACP Image Awards, and other awards shows..Yes these events are driven by a strong PR machine..but this is also a vehicle to recognize excellence in the arts..which black folk excel in...we are not trying emulate anything..we have been originators since the beginning of time..and this label thing..colored, black, whatever..who cares...We know who we are and what we are..
Finally,
The NAACP as we all know was established by black and white folk(as were many organizations and HBCU's during late 1800 thru the early 1930's)..and is called colored, because its focus is for the minority population that extends beyond the black race..
So, if all you got from the Award show was images of sistas with straight hair,and black folk attempting to emulate the white masses...then I am sad..really sad.

oldiesman said:
it needs to be changed[naabp]along with some new leadership,and yes we do emulate the man more than we care to admit.

The name should not be changed...for what? Well, allow me to digress...What do you propose the name should be?

Emulate..Do you not understand white folk emulate us? All the way down to how they fry their chicken...

We all must take on the form of chalmeons every now and again, but to make such a blanket statement as we need to originate, would imply that we sit on the side lines and wait for things to happen...and that's ridiculous..

Read up on your history brother..and see what we have done and who emulates whom

By the way the NAACP has a new ceo/president...do you think we will be better served if you were he

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back