Black People : NAACP Award Show With No Black Nominees

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kamau47, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
  2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Well Brother, it's like this: The initial law of manumission from the 1800's stated that "they would make us white in everything but our skin color" as researched and surfaced by Dr. Claude Anderson. I would have to say that they've done an excellent job for the most part as it concerns the masses of our people. Imagine this: We grow up catching hell from white people, being jailed by them, killed by them and everything else. Then many of us get on our knees to pray to another white man to save us from the other white people. That is insanity at its highest level....so I am not surprised in the least.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    This is a very profound statement.

4. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    It's just that sometimes, it bothers my soul to read this like this. I'll be 57 next month, and I can remember the promise that was in the air in the 70's when it came to us. It seemed like we were making progress, albeit slowly, but we were finally heading forward. We had something to believe in. Now though, I can see the backwards motion we are going. We are no longer striving for our own, but assimilating into white culture. We have lost or way.
    And brother, it hurts.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    i feel exactly the same way. it's sad.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    The really sad part is that there are many of us who subconsciously and consciously aid our oppressors in the name of a worthless piece of paper that we call money. Are there solutions? Yes there are, but our people are not going to follow them. If I could just get the black people who we call Christians to follow but one thing in their Bible, we could come up out of this in the wink of an eye...but with them being hypocrites on the highest order that they are, it isn't going to happen.

I could tear up the whole Bible and throw it in the trash and our people would still come up out of this if they just followed one statement in there...and that statement is: PROVERBS 3:31 where it states "Do not envy the oppressor, And choose none of his ways.

It's just that simple !! Our problem is that we have pretty much chosen ALL THEIR WAYS and break our necks to be as much like them as we can...thus the death of us as a people, as a family, as a community and everything else.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    Proverbs 3:31
    Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.

8. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you said it so-called Black organization. It was not Black people who started the NAACP but so-called Jewish people who started the NAACP and it was started to make it appear as though they are our friends.

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Yes, it's come down to this and we all know why. This is about the Image awards and we all know the image or images of Black men and women portrayed in the media these days.

Black men reduced to slaves, butlers and even Barack Obama got the First Lady shaking her finger in his face scolding him like a sissy for flirting with yt and taking those "selfies".

We talk 24/7 about the effimunate black man so what do we expect? Yesterday, I even saw a post on Facebook with "brothers" (I'm starting to be more careful and selective with that term) wearing leggings.

Oh, and as sisters take pointers from Olivia Pope (fictional character) and ....Kola....umm.

The state of "Black" "America"...where Scientology mixes with NOI Ufology...ninjas done lost they minds.

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Feminists and gays stepped up, brothers leaned back then fell of the radar. I'm now told brothers need to step up but when I look around I see 1 out of 10 in the room who are brothers outside of myself so we ain't just lost our way. It's much deeper than that, and I've talked about it before, but ninjas ain't listening, they just want to argue and debate.

I will tell you this. The context of my statement here is based on me attending and participating (giving input) in a commemoration for Bunchy Carter and John Huggins at Ucla this past Friday night. Two of the panelists were Erika Huggins and Elaine Brown. Most of the brothers in the room were over 60. Most of the sisters in the room were 20 something. What does that tell you?