Black People : N.A.A.C.P.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Sangofa, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Sangofa

Sangofa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    [FONT=Garamond]Does a person have to be a member of the NAACP inorder to get support from them? I am having a problem on the job with a racist who is obviously not trying to cover it up. My boss has been notified but has failed to do anything about it. She gives me the impression that she doesn't like to face issues with race. She needs to step it up and take care of business. The NAACP should be my last resort but they give me no choice. What should I do? :donttell: :whip:

2. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31

GET A GREEDY JEWISH LAWYER.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Sangofa:

You do not need to be a member of the NAACP, in order to seek their assistance (although they might ask you to join). I don't know if they can help you, but it is certainly in your best interest to ask! Good Luck!

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    worked for me :flamet:

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    In addition to obtaining a personal attorney....make sure it's one that specializes in civil rights issues. Also, if you happen to be in a union, file a grievance and if there is a civil rights agency in your area, file a complaint with them. These latter services shouldn't cost you any out of pocket money. Make sure you have your facts in order and a well documented journal of events and situations. If there were any witnesses...make sure you keep a record of their names and contact information in the event they have to be called to testify in your behalf. Also, does your employer have a specific grievance process in place that you are eligible to use to file a civil rights complaint? If so, utilize that avenue as well. When you think you have a strong case, I believe people should take advantage of as many opportunities there are to address their concerns.

Oh, and about your supervisor....make sure you look at your company's policies and procedures as it relates to responsibilities that employees have in performing their jobs. If your supervisor is not acting on your issues in a timely manner and not reporting back to you his/her efforts, and if you think this is an issue for you because it helps perpetuate a hostile work environment, you might want to give thought as to whether to name them as well in your complaint.

Good luck!
    Queenie :spinstar:

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    The N.A.A.C.P let me down in 1993. I called them and they said they aren't in the business to take on cases like disputes between individuals and companies.

You are in a strange and scary situation. The scary part is they want to fire you. Other than that they have no power over you they can exercise.

This happened to me. I am crazy. What I did was took the ovious and took it to them on a daily basis. Today was theirs and the next was mine. I recored the supevisor. Let him know and he was so afraid of me. He shut up. I filed a complaint with the department of fair labor, and didn't care if they were trying to fire me, I didn't want to remain there anyway. But I didn't let them know this. I wasn't going to quit, ( never quit, you want your unemployment ) and I told them if you want me your going to have to come and get me.
    =================
    Does your company receive government contracts of any kind?
    If they do this organization can take the contracts away. You must get another to file with you, because if you don't they will send your complaint to EEOC and they aren't as scary as this group coming out and doing a full investigation.
    ==============

Who can file a complaint?

Any individual or groups of similarly situated individuals who believe that they have been discriminated against in employment by a Federal contractor or subcontractor on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran, may file a complaint with OFCCP.

Generally speaking, individual complaints filed under Executive Order 11246 will normally be referred to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) for handling. Such referrals are made under a Memorandum of Understanding between the two Federal agencies. Complaints involving systemic discrimination or discrimination affecting groups of individuals will normally be investigated by OFCCP.

If your employer is not a covered Federal contractor or subcontractor you may still be able to file a complaint against the company with EEOC.

A complaint may be filled with the OFCCP, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Room C3325, Washington, DC 20210 by mail or in person, or with the nearest OFCCP Regional or District or Area Office.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/contacts/ofccp/ofcpkeyp.htm - district offices
    http://www.dol.gov/esa/contacts/ofccp/ofnation2.htm - regional offices

Ask for Form CC-4

Persons filing complaints should include a description of the discrimination involved and any other related information that would assist in an investigation of the complaint, including, but not limited to:

the complainant's name, address, and telephone number;
    the name, address and telephone number of the Federal contractor that is alleged to have discriminated; and
    the date(s) the alleged violation occurred.

All complaints must be signed by the complainant or his/her authorized representative

=================
    For tghose who have been let go, or fired and you believe you are being bad mouthed. http://www.badreferences.com/

I have used them twice. They do a great job.

==================
    Are there anyone else there that gets simular or the same treatment? Do not confide in anyone, be careful, I was sold out by another black man, he told of my complaint, tried to support the racist friend and boss of his.

If your in a union. Sue them also. They aren't protecting you. They are taking your money. I would put them thrusmall clims if nothing else and demand all my dues back. For lack of representation.

7. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Then this is what I did. I knew of him having an affair with a co-worker. I had his address licence plate and phone number. I was going to send his wife some information. It was no secret I was going to slam him. :bam: He heard about the plan and quit seeing her. Oh I really wanted to do this. I thought about it, and didn't do it.

They let me go, fired me on trumped up charges. Said I was disruptive ( troublesome ) . I was because I refused to let fear of job lose stop me from exerting my rights and ending the discrimination.

I knew he always drank during lunch. They would never investigate this. I went to human resourses many times complaining. What I found out is. Human resourses isn't there for the employees, they are there for the employer and to protect them. So I hired a private detective, spent three hundred dollars and got proof he was drunk and drinking on company time. This violated company policy.

I sued the company and he got fired. I won twenty grand in court.

I forgot to add. The N.A.A.C.P told me they didn't need my donations or support. They are bought by the establishment. They are in concert with not stopping the madness.

8. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    THE NAACP IS A WASTE.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION.

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    The NAACP was one of the most progressive & fearless organizations which fought for Black Rights! Was unfortunately is the operative word! I've heard many stories of how ineffective the NAACP is today...the Urban League is today...the EEOC is today! There are very few Black Radicals & Civil Rights Organizations which haven't sold out since the 1970s. It is a large reason why African Americans as a whole have advanced so little since then.

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    wow.