Black Entertainment : Mystic is getting recognized

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by farrah, Jan 13, 2002.

1. farrah

farrah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    ...it's about time this sister gets a break because she is way too talented, singing and rapping and a conscious and hard working artists. How many artists actually do both sing and rap...these days they are singing and unsuccessfully acting. She writes her own lyrics too which are thought provoking, she's nominated for a grammy and i hope she wins cause her album is decent. www.mysticworldwide.com

2. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    Farrah

I haven't post in this section of destee. Occasionally I have peeked in. The other day I posted to one of the threads and started one of my own. In doing so, I noticed you have literally been ranting and raving about this Mystic person.(I'm kidding):laugh: Anyway I said, hell let me see what has this person so pumped up on this Mystic, so my couriosity, nosiness or what have you.(I prefer inquisitiveness)lead my finger to left click on the link you kindly provided. I must say I was pleasantly pleased. She has a very nice sound, her lyrics (in your words "thought provoking") I agree. She has managed to take two type of music, which I can only listen to maybe 3 songs before I get a headache and incorporated them into a wonderfully smooth sound I can groove to. It is a pinch of Raggae I hear in there? And of course Rap. (The Life) Mystic has my vote and I will be checking out more of her CD. Well I think I've ran off at the mouth long enough. :) One last thought. You should be on her PR team. :)

Madd Sistahly Love
    CCBSKYN :heart:

3. farrah

farrah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    this is funny

actually, i have mystic's cd and that's why i feel like raving and ranting, lol. She just happens to be one of my favorite artists and what frustrates me is that the music industry will glamorize a britney spears and j.lo when they can't even sing. But they will pass right by someone like Mystic, who has a lot of talent in both the singing and rapping department, so if mtv, bet, or vh1 isn't going to give this sister credit then i will. Sometimes we the people have to do this.