Uganda : Mysterious Nodding Syndrome in Uganda

IMHO, I dont think we need to talk about genocide for five days before we spend a week brainstorming how we here can and must by any means necessary help our family there! Since this morning we across the 50 states spent a million dollars on salty chips and snacky cakes! I am sure we can spend brain capital and then wallet and purse capital to help these children!
There still must be something we can do to help, from here

Bro. Omo, thank you for that link. I just learned about this yesterday while talking to a colleague who told me that a group of professors at a university in the US are doing research on this.

Bro. AC, I'll be honest, I don't know what to do. What can we do other than to publicly declare that more research be done to find the cause and a cure.

HIV/AIDS...killing Afrikan adults and leaving babies orphaned and with a dim future.

Nodding syndrome, killing youth/babies before they've had a chance to live.

What can WE do? We're all over the place. We have so much to talk about from the mundane to the extremely serious. In one active thread, members are arguing about a man having 22 children between 14 mothers. 50-some pages about something that seems so simple compared to this.

I don't know, what can we do?

:(

Bro. Omo, thank you for that link. I just learned about this yesterday while talking to a colleague who told me that a group of professors at a university in the US are doing research on this.

Bro. AC, I'll be honest, I don't know what to do. What can we do other than to publicly declare that more research be done to find the cause and a cure.

HIV/AIDS...killing Afrikan adults and leaving babies orphaned and with a dim future.

Nodding syndrome, killing youth/babies before they've had a chance to live.

What can WE do? We're all over the place. We have so much to talk about from the mundane to the extremely serious. In one active thread, members are arguing about a man having 22 children between 14 mothers. 50-some pages about something that seems so simple compared to this.

I don't know, what can we do?

:(
Like Morpheus said, stay focused.
I know I will help make the urgency of this go viral by placing it on my FB Timeline, and like the Haiti, article encourage others to share and they do! if we could go from absolutly nothing leaving that hell on the plantations; to a trillion dollars per year, we can do anything and hope is our legacy/future reality!

It starts with the nodding — otherwise normal children begin to nod their heads, pathologically. Then come the seizures. The children stop growing and stop talking. Ultimately, the disease wrecks the children, physically and mentally.

The strange and deadly illness known as nodding syndrome affects only children, and only in a small pocket of East Africa. It has affected more than 3,000 children since the late 1990s, when it first appeared in what was then southern Sudan. And for more than three years, the cause of nodding syndrome has eluded epidemiologists around the globe.

Investigators at the Centers for Disease Control in Prevention in Atlanta have made the syndrome among their top priorities on the short list of new, unexplained outbreaks.

But as they, and others, continue to investigate the syndrome — figuring out its origin and how it spreads — much of the work trying to treat affected children has been left to Uganda.

Nodding Syndrome
The link does not work, can you please provide another one so I can share this? Thanks!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back