Black Relationships : mybrotha.com

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by warriorprincess, Apr 26, 2010.

1. warriorprincess

warriorprincess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +201
  2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    interesting .......I guess they gotta point

3. warriorprincess

Ratings:
    +201
    Really? What part did you find interesting?

4. warriorprincess

Ratings:
    +201
    a snippet..

When we explore the reasons why an independent black woman--who seemingly has it all--can't find a deserving black man, the answer is both simple and startling. Most black men are not looking for a woman who has it all. In fact, men are less comfortable with the brazen woman who wants to be on top of the world, and more comfortable with the laid back woman who looks for a leader.

Among the many discomforts a man encounters when he finds a successful woman, is not knowing how to express his love. She already has a $300,000 home; a high-powered career; financial stability; and all the material things she might want. Stir in a dynamic personality and some attitude, and the guy is really in for a challenge.

Similar to Luxon--who once dated a black woman with a salary more than twice his own--many men expect successful women to demand an excessive amount of relationship work. "She already has all the stuff a man is programmed to provide, so she must want something I'm not accustomed to providing," Luxon said. "Instead of showing her how I can love her, I had to work hard to be a communicator, confidant, and supporter. Men can do those things, but that's not our primary instinct in relationships."

5. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    I already responded to this same article somewhere. Since I already responded, I can't put much of anything else unless I remember what I put the first time, and i don't remember.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    he don't speak for black men

going by this snippet, the article is the work of a punk. he don't speak for black men. he don't speak for me.

7. warriorprincess

Ratings:
    +201

Is there any particular part that you do not identify with or all parts?

8. warriorprincess

Ratings:
    +201
    Among the many discomforts a man encounters when he finds a successful woman, is not knowing how to express his love.

This reminds me a lot of The five love languages by Dr. Gary Chapman. The premise of this book is that love is not felt unless the giver speaks the same “love language” as the recipient. Some people receive love through words and some people receive love via gifts and actions.

For example, if someone does not experience love via the presentation of gifts and physical comforts then presenting love in that way is ineffective. If that person would rather be touched or listened to, then buying them a car is superfluous.

The 5 Love Languages Dr. Gary Chapman

Words of Affirmation

Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.

Quality Time

In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, “I love you,” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.

Receiving Gifts

Don’t mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday, anniversary, or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous—so would the absence of everyday gestures.

Acts of Service

Can vacuuming the floors really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an “Acts of Service” person will speak volumes. The words he or she most want to hear: “Let me do that for you.” Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don’t matter.

Physical Touch

This language isn’t all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/learn-the-languages/the-five-love-languages/

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    maybe they should check the attitude?

i had no interest in reading the entire article. i am sick of black men being cast in a weak light.
    i have never been intimidated by a woman in my life. they all pull their panties on one leg at a time.
    every woman i ever had was "successful". i never spent my time with losers.

if a black woman cannot get a man that is not my fault.
    stop blaming the brothers and look in a mirror.

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    come on playa, please

this is silly. i knew all that when i was still a boy. i gave all of that and more.
    this book is really saying that brothers do not know how to handle their women. i refuse to accept that.