My young brothers (18-24), What are we going to do?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Pharaoh Jahil, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    From the way the election has turned out, the devil is going to be in the White House for four more years and according to his administration, he has a draft planned out and we all know that the military usually start off in "our" community. SO, my young brothas.. We have three options...

1. Get drafted and go to war.

2. Oppose the draft and serve as political prinsoners.

3. Get ourselves a plane ticket out the country..

So what should we do? Because I am certainly not about to go get killed for Bush'it. This nation is about to go threw hell and from the looks of things, Afrikans in Amerikkka are going to have it the worst..

2. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    YOU 18-24 YEAR OLD FELLAS NEED A MENTAL ENEMA, STRAIGHT UP! YOU'RE WAY TOO WRAPPED UP IN THE RAP CULTURE. LIKE WE NEED MORE THUGS, PIMPS, HUSTLERS, AND PLAYAS IN OUR COMMUNITY. GIMME A BREAK GUYS IT'S GOTTEN REAL OLD.
    WHAT WE NEED ARE MORE DOCTORS, LAWYERS, POLICE OFFICERS, RESPONSIBLE FATHERS ETC. HOWEVER THE PIMPS, HUSTLERS, AND PLAYAS WON'T DISAPPEAR UNTIL THE 18-24 YEAR OLD FEMALES START TURNING THEIR BACKS ON THEM IN MASSES.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    what you need to do is wake up, clean up and stand up.

18 - 24 yr old can be the most powerful political force in the nation,
    if you guys can stop the bling bling long enough to read a book and get your head sprung.

wake up! :hammer:

4. Prophet Chris

Prophet Chris Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Good Point, we the younger generation 18-24 do have a thing going on, i cannot tell you the details over this internet, but we now need people like you who know this reality, and can help us get to people to understand what we see, becasue of our age , we plan to live for a certin amount of years, ,so certrin things apply to us more so then an older generation, what we need is the older generation to really hear what we are saying, ,I mean really, and to realized that this is one of the keys, we need the older generation to help us with their experience, help us attain certin support and recognition when we speak, I for one am a public speeker on the rise in my community, so as example, can elders help for I message to be heard, That sort of thing I am trying to get across. So thank you for bringing up this topic. bridgeing the gap between the generations. is key. Blessed Love

5. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Chris, I agree. Older generation and young generation working together as we approach such crazy times. In truth, this is a community problem because what affect us young brothers, affect the community as a whole. We need to start working together as a community. Be understanding and supporting. However it's mostly up to us young brothers, some of us can continue to sleep as the enemy design our coffins or we could wake up and fight back.

It's up to us brother man. I try to tell many young brothers that we need to wake up and start being MEN not boys. There is a war against us and we are not ready, leaving our women to take on 'our' responsibility (which they have been doing for how many year?). Our sisters shouldn't have to do that and our children deserve much better. The elders have done what they needed to do. It is our time. Many young brothers need to come together and discuss the present and future state of the Afrikan Community.

You know, thinking back to the 60's. When they were drafting brothers to Vietnam, many of us were ready to rebel, riot, protest....I wonder what has made us become so complacent.

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    check out the first Matrix film.

check out gil scoot heron - "B" movie"

check out the last poets - "this is madness".

7. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    WE'RE BOMBARDED SO MUCH WITH IMAGES OF TOKEN SUCCESSFUL BLACKS, ATHLETES AND ENTERTAINERS THAT SOME OF US HAVE NO CLUE WHAT OUR TRUE STATUS IS IN THIS COUNTRY. BASICALLY THE FIGHT IS BEING FOUGHT (OR NOT) BY INTELLECTUAL LIGHT WEIGHTS. THE HIP HOP COMMUNITY COULD DO IT'S PART TO HELP CHANGE THAT, BUT UNFORTUNATELY MOST OF THEM ARE SELL-OUTS. WHAT WE NEED ARE ENOUGH RESPECTED LEADERS TO START CALLING THEM OUT.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION.

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    It's time to put an end to being angry at ourselves, and ban together and work for what is right. The time is now, and the time always will be now. Drugs and money is not going to get us through this. Are we ALL BUSINESS or not brothas?

Cedric Denson

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    http://www.hermes-press.com/germany1930.htm

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560