Black Spirituality Religion : My views on Wicca, Witches, etc.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Kandrezel, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Kandrezel

Kandrezel New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    First, I am very much African-American.

Second, Wicca is just like being Baptist or Methodist, it is a denominational title under the Pagan Umbrella, you can be Traditional, Celtic, Gardnerian, Modern, Dark, Eccletic, and probably a million other clearifiers. I personally practice a combined tradition of Celtic, Goetic and Eccletic witchcraft. :witch:

Third, I understand not everyone believes in the same thing, but I find the rabbit in the hat comment to be a teeny-bit narrow-minded. Actually, if I really saw the purpose of torturing a cute, furry little rabbit, by stuffing him in a hat, I could do it the way Magicians have for centuries, I don't. :bye:

I was born with emphatic, precognitive, retrocognitive, psychometric, clairaudient, clairsensient, and clairgustient abilities. While my childhood friends where playing, I was at my local shrink's, because I saw people only my Grandmother could see, and my parents didn't believe her either. I am pretty much a shutin, because I have a hard time blocking other people's feelings when I'm in a crowd and I can get drained enough to lose consciousness. The female part of my family all have the "gift", however the two who acknowlege it say its The Holy Ghost. :ghost:

As I stated beore I am willing to help with information. For the person who asked about eczema, please try distilled water tinctured for 24hrs with rosemary and lemon verbena (put the herbs in the water and leave it sitting for 24hrs). to help prevent future outbreaks, try putting the two herbs in your facial cream or lotion.:hi:

for the person who has someone putting roots on your property, ward your property with charged onyx or obsidian crystals on the four directional points of your property. Place a bottle containing mullein, sage, rosemary, clove and cinnamon, in a hidden place within your home. If the situation worsens, let me know, more can be done also if you know who it is.:danger: :flamet:

Blessings,
    Kand:spin:

ps: bopsh doesn't exist anymore, so, please contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions.:spinstar:

2. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Welcome to Destee Kandrezel...

By your pitch it seems your are looking for fellow wiccans. I can't say that I know of any practioneers of witchcraft that frequent this site. I have some questions. As one who has tried many religions I seem to always come back to the same question. How does my faith benefit the advancement of people as a race? So I pose the same questions to you. How does the practice of witchcraft benefit black people as a whole? What are the African origns of witchcraft? If there are no African origins of witchcraft then whose interpretation of spirituality are you following? If I sound forward please accept my apology but my interest in any religion is that which benefits black peoples of the earth.

Peace...

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Welcome kandrezel,

We are full of questions for you here. Some of us really want to know and some of us are just amused like your rabbit in the hat friend. But you know any group of people will run the gamit that way. Thanks for returning,

Now I have a question that is really deep in my heart. In your other post you said something about healing. The last time I allowed a christian to lay hands on me he told me that since the bible says faith comes by hearing and I am deaf so faith can't come to me meaning that I couldn't get healed because it takes faith to get healed but I needed to be healed in order to have faith. Needless to say I was in tears for days. And my pastor stood there grinning like an idiot. This visual and auditory impairment has burdened me for decades. I see the computer with magnification software that magnifies the screen 7x.

If you have any information about what can be done to help me please let me know.

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    When my family moved from Mout Zion Baptist Church, in Seattle, to Brier Baptist Church, in Brier, I got really "confused" about this whole "religion" thing. Here was Mt. Zion saying "make a joyful noise unto the Lord", where singing and dancing in the Joy was really quite ok and Brier Baptist talking about how "sinful" it was to be making all this non-decorous "ruckus". :?: For a fourteen year old, that was pretty close to "traumatic". So I started reading anything I could get my hands on about "religions" in any library I could get to. Kinda caused a bit of a "ruckus" in it's own right for folks to see the only Black kid with books on christianity, wicca, voodoo, catholicism, etc., all at the same time!

Ultimately, I came away with:

Faith in God means;
    1) "An it harm none shall be the Whole of the Law."

2) Trust In the Self that has been Granted unto Thee by God, for Thou Art the Axe!!

3) Trusting that "God sees every sparrow that falls": folks wouldn't be where they are unless God had that place in His Plan for them.

4) There are no "coincidences"; there is a Lesson to be Learned in everything.

5) I have been granted the ability to discern the difference between "good" and "bad", and to be able to be accepting of another person's beliefs, whether I "believe" in them or not.

6) The followers of every "religion" are all saying the same thing: Be True, Do Good, Faith will Provide, "heaven is the reward for good works; hell is the reward for bad works".

I "enjoyed" what I learned of Wiccan, as well as my studies of the "Voudun". And coming to understand the difference between a "religion" and a "cult" I had to toss out "christianity", while "retaining" the Torah/Penteteuch: if it don't contain the Old Testament, I ain't paying it no mind! (I still like "the twins", Damballah Weydo, Papa Legba - they felt really good!) (almost would i go with a "devilish grin" here, but ... lol)