Black Christians : My views on Christianity

I would like to mention that all atheists need to hunker down and really study that Bible all the way through a couple of times, so they have a better chance of running down the field without a foul. hee hee :angel1::number1:
You are so fun!

Hey sista Willa:hello:
I just know you didn't fix yo mouf to say this.....:SuN049:

You know how many "Christians", (pastors included) that have to ask me where my name comes from?:SuN024:

I be like....aint cho sittin up in church err Sunday, and yo pasta has neva ventured past psalms:11200::11200::11200:

O....that's right:nails:.........you neva will as long as you're cherry pickin da bible.....:qqb009:

"atheists need to hunker down and really study that Bible"........You are too funny:rofl:

Luv ya sista Willa...:roflmao:

:hearts4:

Peace!

Creflow Dollars wants that Dollar Dollar Bill Yaaaaaaaaall

BTW, tithing is in the written text of the so called Bible, just not implemented in the way in which it is written.

So yea and no, the practice of tithing on a week to week basis is not in the text, until Saul/Paul implements the practice in the New Testament writings.

• Paul was more than likely a publican (tax collector) in his previous life as Saul.

Paul was even likened to "Mercury"

Act 14:12

Search to note that Mercury was the so called Roman God of financial gain, commerce, communication, travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery and thieves

Act 16:37
But Paul said unto them, They have beaten us openly uncondemned, being Romans, and have cast us into prison; and now do they thrust us out privily? nay verily; but let them come themselves and fetch us out.

• Paul was quick to flex his Roman citizenship when they were being released from prison, even demanding that they be released a certain way.

Paul was willing to remain in prison even after he was free to go in order to show up his "old girlfriend"

And some wonder why I still claim in a subtle manner, that Paul was sort of a pimp and a precedent of modern Roman Catholicism

Sorry, but you and every other Christian is wrong. Only because this is what has been taught to you all, and you just took the word of the "man" standing in front of you. Also they don't care to hide their greed, and misuse of the money you give anymore. They know their misdeeds will be looked at as doing "the lords will".

Now the fact are that the first biblical mention of tithing is in Genesis 14.

Genesis 14:20
" And praise be to God Most High,who delivered your enemies into your hand.”

Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.

After Abraham saved lot, the Melchizedek blessed Abraham. Then Abe gave him a 10th of the spoils of war. Also this text does not tell us whether Abraham had ever tithed before, or ever tithed afterwards. Maybe this was a custom of his culture. So where do we get this tithing every Sunday from? Can you or anyone show me in Genesis that tells us that us whether tithing was a law in Abraham’s day?

Genesis 28:20-22
“If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord will be my God and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”

Jacob vowed to tithe if God helped him during his journey (aka making a bargain). He wanted special help from God, and in return for that help, he was willing to worship God, and to tithe as a part of that worship. In this context tithing can easily be seen as an extra special vow for those who desperately desired divine help.

Both examples are no where near to what we have as tithing in today's churches.

Creflo Dolla says he wants a billion for a space shuttle, and it seems no one in his church even knows that 1 billion won't do jack....

1. Who is going to fly it?
2. It cost more that 1 bill. just to launch it.
3. Space suits....
4. Training.....
5. Living quarters on Mars....
6. Life doesn't always mean human, but he says that he needs this shuttle to spread the word of God on Mars.
7. It costs approx. 2 bill. to build a space shuttle.

This is what many of us miss out on when we don't read, and just follow a man in a robe blindly.

And when all those folks cheered and clapped, I know he had to be shaking his head at the gullibility of our people.

As I'm doing now....SMDH

IMO religion is the worst kind of mental slavery that plagues our people in this day and time.

Peace!

Last edited:
Uh bruh, did one not read what was posted... that's what was summated in what I posted.

You stuck on Creflo, don't care about him... was referring to the "tithing is not in the bible" comment that was made.

Sighs... sometimes I have hope, and then others...

Brutha, if you didn't care about him, why use him in your post? Also my post was about tithing, Creflo can't do what he has done and what he wants to do in the future without tithing.

There are plenty of false teachers to choose from, you just so happened to have supplied me with one. If you knew your bible, you may have read where Paul said that false teachers replace the call of God with their own deceptive words (aka spreading the word of God on Mars). When I was in church with these false teachers, I didn't hear the voice of anything divine. What I heard was boastfulness, and empty rhetoric.

Here, check out what others say about false teachers and how to spot them:

2 Timothy 4:3 ESV / 133 helpful votes
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions.
https://www.openbible.info/topics/false_teachings

Peace!

One posted this info as if I haven't already blasted the Pharisees (pulpit pimps), there are too many to bother referencing anymore... redundant after awhile

It (the video of Creflo wanting to kill non-tithers) was relative to the pimp that take samples here and there and mesh together a tradition of misreadings on misunderstandings in order to take advantage of the zealot nature of idolatry.

Back to the concept of "tithing"... confused.

As I basically said the same things you stated, and added that Paul implemented a system of "Collecting Money" in the New Testament writings.

But shrug.... not sure what was "wrong" about that statement.
If so, shew the error in the comments that were posted.

• To re-emphasize... the only thing I really had an issue with was the statement:

Otherwise, there was agreement

The term "wrong" is surely being tossed around quite easily... so let's see what comes of this discussion

Respect

This is what happens when you choose to take things out of context. Let me give you the full context...Again.

BTW...you're wrong. Tithing is not in the bible, it was added long after the bible was finished. And you are being conned into giving.

(now the below comment is important because it explains why you're wrong)

The New Testament nowhere commands, or even recommends, that Christians submit to a legalistic tithe system. The New Testament nowhere designates a percentage of income a person should set aside, but only says gifts should be “in keeping with income” (1 Corinthians 16:2). Some in the Christian church have taken the 10 percent figure from the Old Testament tithe and applied it as a “recommended minimum” for Christians in their giving.
http://www.gotquestions.org/tithing-Christian.html

Now we know the conversation was about giving every Sunday, and pastors asking his flock to give money to enhance his life style. So why you would not extrapolate that is beyond me.

Read what G.F Hawthorn has to say about tithing and further see why the tithing of today is wrong.

Peace!

Thank You all for your advice and views.:thankyou::congrats::welldone:
The only other question I do have is researching and studying the bible.
Since I was mislead and thought the way I was taught or instructed to research might be off, how one should study and research religious text? Should I pursue it like a scientist or a historian/anthropologist?
All I want to do is seek out the truth and instructions without the confusion and misguidance that is spewed to me on Sunday's.
I want what I have learn and will learn be applicable and relatable
to our present and future.

I do not want to just "pray" and hope things will be alright, I want to know that it is and make it happen instead of sitting,and waiting on something or someone to do it as many do.:thinking::10500::look::what:

My apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately, life gets in the way of me visiting often.

Here is what I suggest.

1) DO NOT rely on the King James Bible. The victorian version of english alone will get on your nerves. Plus, it doesn't help that historically, this translator of the Bible did unbiblical things. The New King James version only for contemporary language purposes.

2) Get a New King James and Amplified Bible to start with. The Amplified Bible has many of the translateable Hebrew meanings attached in the OT verses and Greek in the NT verses. This is important so that you can take the right meaning of each verse.

3) Study it like a student. Ask God questions and ask Him to reveal the answers to you. Then give yourself to the possibility of the answers given. Faith is required here on a level beyond your comfort zone, but if you're willing to do so to prove your interest, you WILL get the answers.

4) Find a pastor with the heart of a teacher to help. He won't tell you the answers. He'll guide you to them. Whatever you do, do not seek help from any televangelist preachers and pastors. That's what I like to call pop-culture Christianity. All show, little substance.

5) Don't limit your study to the scope of religion. The Bible doesn't just show religious instruction. The Bible is a wholistic book, showing you lives of many, pointing out what was well to do, what was not well to do, principles to live by, warnings to heed, etc.

For instance, less than a year ago, lots of pop-culture Christian women were declaring "I'm waiting on my Boaz," right? One who studied the book of Ruth would know that Boaz was not the character one should have focused on, but Ruth. Ruth NEVER waited on Boaz! She caught Boaz's eye by WORKING to take care of her mother in law

Lastly, there is more to each story than meets the eye, so dig deep into each one. The way I like to put it is that God leaves gems for all of us in the same book. Each gem (principle and idea retrieved through study) is something you can apply to your life.

The reason many others won't is because they have the wrong idea about Christianity. They think that the religion of Christianity oppressed them, when in truth the white supporters of African and Hebrew enslavement twisted the Bible's words and outlawed all reading, so that their slaves would never find out the difference between the slave masters' deception and the truth about what the Bible suggested. White men then oppressed African and Hebrew people by fraudulently stating that their cause is just and moral. In fact, they wish to use a scripture showing what attitude slaves should have towards their masters, when the Amplified Bible points out in Exodus 20:2 that the only slaves the Bible referred to were those who were being punished for theft or those who were paying off a debt, a practice started in the Egyptian region. Only those two types of enslaved people were the subject of such NT verses. Stuck on eventual nuances like this, others forget to see the truth at its basic level. These weren't Christians enslaving them. These were pagans who descended from many Europeans bent on oppressing, raping, invading, killing, and decieving other races, something they were doing before the ideology of Christianity fell into their hands. They don't even look at pictures of the "white" Jesus placed in most churches, which are really pictures of Italians and Romans, all done because they didn't want to show how BLACK Jesus was.

If that doesn't answer your questions, feel free to inquire further. I will do my best to respond.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back