Black Christians : My views on Christianity

Enki, Tithing is in the old and new testament again and again. One example in the Bible, Luke says, "I give tithes of all I possess." What for? This is what pays the rent of the meeting house, feeds the poor, which is sometimes the dedicated pastor's family, and pays for the needs of the sick, puts clothing on the needy child, etc..

Yes, I said that it was in the old testament. Also only food from the land was tithable, and not money. But you should know this.:news:

I believe your equation. After all, this little planet is not all that an Eternal God has, "worlds without end" of children he is schooling for all that they can achieve in knowledge, happiness and glory.

Yes sista.....

It is only man's arrogance that makes him think we are the only form of life in this universe.

P.S. Tithe means tenth. Give a tenth to the Lord. He returns in blessings.

Again...it's not even my birth day. But I just luv my sista so....

1) only food was used as tithes
2) It is old testament
3) Because it is old testament you shouldn't be doing it....rrrrrriiiiigggghhhtttttt?

Luv and much respect my sista...

Peace!

The CREFLO dollar. The Mars mission is for exploration and science. However, that inspirational speaker is a man who is worried about teaching the gospel on another planet? No worries about that. God sends his missionaries from within the people of wherever universe, if that's the case. We don't need to supply them.

Regarding the English atheist talking about what God says about false prophets. Doesn't he know he is one? We know there are false prophets that always have been. The scriptures are not talking about the true prophets of God, but those who are perverting the way and truth of the Lord. God does not accept these, as they are not called by and in Holy Spirit.

I do have to address one critical error in your replies Enki,

Jesus Himself taught that tithing is a commandment in the new testament:

Matthew 23:23

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Just for your info. mint, dill, spices & other goods were used for trade. In those days they did not have a monetary system as we did today. Bartering was as normal as was receiving money for goods.

I did answer your questions.

No you didn't, and I have read your post 3 times to make sure. And you still forgot the links.

But you want me to defend all Christians, because if I get the gist of your argument, if one Christian is in error the whole religion is bad...

Why not? Didn't you lump all non- believers together? You see this is the back tracking that is always done when Christians get jammed up by their own faith.

Here you are defending the church...
4. Money and the Church? It's funny how atheists criticize money flowing to the church(BTW God says give 10 percent of your income) while environmentalist causes, nature preservation causes raise HUNDREDS of MILLIONS yearly from donations AND Govt. grants.

Never mind though. Carry on. Even Jesus didn't waste too much time trying to debate non believers. Good day and I hope that one day the eyes of your understanding will be opened.

Yes, let us end this because I have no time trying to show a African that he has an European mindset. So you just keep those mental chains on that have you thinking that whites were here before us.

But I just can't let my brutha leave empty handed.

hqdefault.jpg

Found: 1975, in Lapa Vermelha, Brazil
Discoverer: Annete Emperaire
Significance: The oldest dated skeleton from the Americas, this young woman with African features may be part of the first wave of immigrants to South America.

Now how old is the bible? 7,000 years at most...

So you keep believing his tall tales, I'll accept facts any day.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back