Black Women : my son versus white daughter in law

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Tall_geena, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tall_geena

Tall_geena Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    My son was 19 when he married a white girl..other than the color difference, another interesting thing about them that she is 8 inches taller barefoot than he is. (lol) my daughter in law Lisa works at a popular retail stire while my son homeschools their two daughters. It too them time to learn aout the natural looks and stares given to them simply because of their color differences. They also had to adjust because Lisa works full time or more and makes all the money. Ten years have gone by since they have been married, and sometimes when my daughter in alw and i are alone she complains to me about me not showing my son how to cook or clean. I always laughed it off, but for the past thre weeks or so, she has really started get on my nerves with her complaining about ehr coming home and having to do all the cookign and cleaning and such while my son stays home with the kids. It has really gotten on my nerves and has almost made me wonder whethe ri should even hang with her. What makes it so bad is that they live right across the street from me. I can always see and hear what they are doing.

About three nights ago, they argued and such and I heard my Lisa shout a racial slur towards my son, and yes, my son responded by striking her. After a few mintes she wlaked across the street and banged on my door and demnaded tobe let in so she could spend the night.

My response to her was to tell her that she must face her problems and by me letting her in, it woudl only work to sustain their (actually her) idiotic pattern of behavior. I told her to go back to my son and basicaly, 'face the music.'

Did I do the right thing?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    welcome to destee.com
    mixing tides don't work, yet thy child should never strike to be heard
    it's proof that he made a mistake in choice .....you did what you felt
    was best .

3. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    ditto, never hit a woman.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Tall Geena ... your story is interesting. It seems made up.

How can any "Mother-in-Law" turn away her "Daughter-in-Law" when she knows for a fact her son has hit her, and the child is coming to your door knocking ... the Mother of your Grandchildren ... seeking assistance ... and you turn her away?

This is a "daughter" that you refer to as "my Lisa."

Something is very wrong with this scenario you've presented.

In addition, what Mother can be so involved in her son's life, obviously accepting enough of his choices, that his life is pleasant for 10 years ... doing what he's doing ... right across the street from you ... but now you have a problem with it?

Seems her being white would have had to be one of the first things you got over, instead, it's the last?

Any Black Mother i know, worth her salt, would have immediately told her daughter-in-law ... don't tell me yall's stuff, go talk to him ... and that would have been the last (she heard) of it ... hopefully ... (in regards to him not cleaning the house properly).

I don't believe i've ever told anyone i thought they were fake coming here, not to their face, not like this ... but i think you are. This story you present is really a joke ... and if not a joke ... very very sad.

You are a Mother, GrandMother, and Elder ... yet you ask total strangers if you did the right thing ... in this raggedy situation?

How would we know?

:heart:

Destee

5. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    She deserved to be hit if she called her husband a '******'.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Brother African Prince ... no ... no woman deserves to be hit by a man.

I'm gonna close this thread, and ban Tall Geena ... we'll just call it collateral damage.

:heart:

Destee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.