Pan Africanism : My Solution: For Poverty in Africa

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Dual Karnayn, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Encourage the predominately pastoral/nomadic population to practice a more stationary and agricultural lifestyle.

Encourage mass farming programs that train people in the most effective means of agriculture and irrigation.

Nomadic life CONSUMES the land and wastes the environment depleting it not only of it's resources but even the mineral and vitamin content giving nothing back to it. After years of this, the occupants then move on to the next location to do the same.
    Pretty soon after thousands of years of doing this, the entire contient would be depleted.

Besides being salted by the colonists.....
    I believe this is the reason why there is so much of the continent is suffering from famine and drought.
    Much of the land is just tired and used up, unable to yeild forth it's strength.

The problem is most people don't want to be farmers and agriculturalists anymore. Especially the young. They don't want to get their hands dirty or get sweaty.

They'd rather go to school to get a job in the West, or in one of the major cities of thier respective nations....while their vast open rural areas go to waste.

This isn't unique to Africa, it was common in China and North Korea also until the communist governments FORCED their citizens to get out in the field and work the land.

2. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    Good solutions, brother Dual. As a matter of fact I recently read the Namibian government is attempting to do just that - encourage stationary farming with government subsidies. This system can certainly work if Afrikan governments use tariffs and prevent western nations and organized crime syndicates like the WTO from dictating how they produce and export their agriculture.

3. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    MS

Riiiiiight Right......
    We gotta keep Satan out of our house.

Another step is our people need to learn the difference between MONEY and WEALTH.

Some of these so-called leaders in Africa give away and auction off the natural WEALTH of their nations (crops, metals, women, college graduates, jewels) in exchange for MONEY.

Money.....so they can do what?

Buy BACK all the re-manufactured WEALTH they just gave away to Europe!

Hell if they just kept thier resources and learned how to properly refine and use them, they could be totally independant of the rest of the world.

Why should young African students from rich families go to Europe or America wasting up millions of dollars to go to school, party, get drunk, and live it up?

They can do all this and more in Africa if they just created an ideal and relatively free environment where they're allowed to do what they enjoy

Why should I spend 10 years in school and kiss somebody's *** to get a boring job making $150,000 a year, just to live in a cramped condo, drive a Benz, try to impress stuck-up city women, and worry about getting car-jacked if I drive down the wrong street.......

When for just $5000 I can build a mansion in Ghana, buy some farm land, and have all the big-butt women I want on my OWN land disease and problems free?

Everything we want, we got!

4. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    This is very deep, Dual.

However, I do think that most African Americans will choose America first and foremost because we were born here and it's really all we know. Yet, I also think your solution for Africans could apply to African Americans as well.

If Black Americans aren't willing to move to Africa, then the next best thing is to create a system of economic independence on American soil, then invest some of this wealth back into Africa. If others are going to utilize African resources, then I'd rather see it done by black American businessmen who have a geninue concern in rebuilding the continent. Most of the groups that are exploiting them now don't care and are worsening both the political and economic situation there.

5. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    If I was an African of the Sahel (sahara) region I would say you wouldnt know how effective nomadic life is with sparse vegetation and very little access of water. The cattle and camel worked for them for thousands of years. Even when the Sahara was alledgely considered green lush land their is rock depictions showing these pastoral people herding cattle. Agriculture based on water intensive crops wont work for the great majority of the Sahel region.

Thats already be attempted abeited with very little success by many of the NGOs and UN in the Sahel region.

Agriculture depletes the soil too. What do farmers use to replenish their soil. Manure. And who produces manure the most. Grass eating herbivores aka cows camels goets, etc. Thats how vegetation is replenished in the Sahel region. Animal waste contains moisture and seeds which helps the Sahel retain vegetation however sparse. Now the problem is when you quickly dont give time for vegetation to renew itself like having limited access to cross borders set by colonialist past and present you begin to feed on land more often that you would feed on in the next season or coming year.

Famine and drought are considered but access to capital or money also is a strong dterminant with IMF increases cost of foods in Sahel countries making it unaffordable to feed the livestock and to feed yourself. Whatever you can afford does not give the nutritional value of traditional foods.

Yes, both nomadics and agriculturalist peoples claim this of their young. Its work intensive and very little recognition anymore with flashy machine driven imports from abroad.

No argument, and we as men and woman like to go for the most rewarding positions without much hard work involved. Our brains are inclined too this for some strange reason.

North Korea failed when it did this and so did China and Cambodia. Too many lives were lost over political ideologies which currently affect the general population psychologically. Governments should not force its citizens for its own benefit not of the people. I would venture to say the same thing is happening in the African Sahel region with government forces its way of life on it people way of life.

I am not trying to say every body in the Sahel region or elsewhere is good and bad but just trying to understand why people approach things in a particular manner.

6. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    nice analysis spicyelbow....

7. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    I think it would apply to AfroAmericans also....
    But the problem we face today in establishing ourselves here is half of the most concious of Black people in America don't even think they're American.

You try to tell some of them that as Americans we must establish ourselves in American politics, economics, and dig ourselves into the land......and they'll start quoting Malcolm X about how we aren't Americans but "Africans in America" or the "kittens in an oven" metaphore.

Africans however have no excuse to shirk thier responsibilities.
    They have more power and influence over Africa than we have or ever will have over North America not to mention the sheer predominance in numbers and historical connections to the land.

Right!

This is exactly what Marcus Garvey attempted to do.

Actually, this is what we should have did back in the 50s and 60s when we were gaining economic and political success.

We also should have lobbied for more Africans to immigrate to America instead of allowing the flux of so many non-Black immigrants who came to take advantage of the equal opportunities.

Dusty

I'm not to sure about North Korea, I think Kim gone-ill is spending most of his resources on weapons and maybe that's why his state is failing.

But forcing the citizens to participate in farming has DEFINATELY worked for China, as well as Cuba despite the odds against that country.

The problem is too many of our people have been misguided and made "mentally" lazy by colonialism.
    They lost thier original way of doing things, and weren't given a thorough knowledge of how white men ran things....they were basically left with rudimentary agricultural skills.

Agriculture only depletes the land when it's not properly practiced.

Romans used to rotate thier crops with Alfalfa grass to replenish the land.
    Egyptians used to use Flax.

I dig what you're saying and I'm not insensative to the way life has been practiced by certain nomadic tribes for generations.

But if white people can come in and force entire cultures to disappear or change thier way of life by force; surely we initiate the change ourselves and do it in the name of progress.

It's a matter of survival, we must adapt and change our ways or die.

8. Lobwi

Lobwi Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Great Solution broh

9. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    I like this particular one.

If we dont know that we are Americans then the majority (white European of UK and German descent) will have to CROWN US with that TITLE. So far, we are seen as 'blacks' then the further education the majority has we are seen as 'black' American and with our always friendly politicians and media "African American". The same with Native Americans . You can see a degree in name change from 'Indian' going up to 'Native' American and at least at some points they get called 'American Indian' but in comparison most often with 'Asian Indian' to differientiate. But majority on their most basic level refer to them as 'Indians'. The brains of the majority may need further education on DEclassifications.

It worked well for those peasant Chinese to be good factory workers. When I saw Frontline on public television the other night about our biggest profitable retailer Walmart, Walmart does quite an extraordinary business with China, let me give it here.

If you want to do business with Walmart you have to go to their Bentonville Arkansas location which is the compnay headquarters. When Frontline went into the location where Walmart was holding business, it looked like some old elementry school with a long corridor swing doors and little meeting rooms on each side of the hallway with framed glass doors like a school door with the glass covering the upper half of the door. I expected to see Chinese Asian faces everywhere but all I saw was red pale faces everywhere talking business operation in China and how they need Walmart approval. Not even one Chinese. Maybe Keith Richburg should tell China too to keep its whites because I dont see them anywhere in these business meeting but I do see video and pictures of them literally everywhere in those factories overseas working themselves to some cases physical harm due to the demand that these big business place on their country. With all their activity in their country there has been countless pollution cases in the water land and even in working environment. Now since Chinese know FARMING due to psychological and brutal tactics of the government they should know that using polluted sources contaminate the food they eat and the water they drink. Apparently they do not. So Chinese are producing their farm goods for export to here perhaps and most likely Africa who are still under political disorder since colonial times and if your on the firing lines you definitely dont have time to think. All these contaiminants including human waste in the food we eat from overseas thanks to the chinese spending extraordiarily long time LEARNING agriculture and not how to deal with INDUSTRIALIZATION and its effect. This is how ruthless whites are always FIVE STEPS AHEAD. They wish to see you destabilized so that they can come in and be the HOPE. Chinese farming goods are so bad that the Japanese government has banned them from entering their country because of mass sickness and death. Yeah China has an excellent record of increasing agricultural output but thts it. Psychologically they are damaged.

Ruthless whites are not my heroes and I dont want to think like them. But I do wish to understand how they operate.

We can change most certainly but we would have to do it in SECRET. Making it PUBLIC to the world will attract the great DESTROYER. Look at what happen to all the black groups that went PUBLIC in the 60's. The great DESTROYER laid waste to every movement and if they couldnt left plenty to badly damage their objectives. It's like you finally figure out things but you figure it out in the middle of a mine field ready to blow in every direction. If you go down the same path you will definitely get caught like a rabbit for the trapper ie great DESTROYER. You have to USE a different APPROACH. Since we have time to gaze onto this world not unlike ruthless white people sometimes in America although time is getting short here we have to THINK and DO differently if you want to see the world without them.

10. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Lobwi

Thanx black man.

Dusty

This is true.

The main problem with people of all races in the West....and actually all over the world is people haven't learned the difference between RACE and NATIONALITY.

America is a NATION made up of many different races.
    But too many people think of America as a nation made up of white cowboys and everybody else are just "guests".

Just like when they say Puerto Rican....they arne't thinking of Black Puerto Ricans like Roberto Clemente....they're thinking of white ones like J-Lo.

When they say American....they aren't thinking about Black Americans like me....they're thinking of white ones like Jay Leno or Tom Cruise.

China's industrial revolution is just a little over 50 years old and basically still in it's infancy, but they're already on thier way.
    I believe China and most African nations where about on the same level of industrial and agricultural development about 100 years ago.
    And both regions were dominated by colonialists.

So how did China get so far ahead of the nations of Africa in such a short time?

I believe much...MOST of it had to do with the Communist revolution that forced them to re-think all thier ancient beliefs and traditions and start thier society on a new footing.

That sat down and examined all of their ancient beliefs and practices, decided what did and didn't make sense....and cut the dead weight.

This "pruning" of thier culture allowed them to flourish much more quickly.

White people aren't my heros either and I don't want to immulate them but I do want to LEARN from them as the Chinese, Japanes, and now the Indians and Pakistanis are doing.

I wish to understand how they operate and take the best of it, then come up with my own ideas.

I not suggesting that we oppress or exploit out own people.

But we do need to "re-prioritize" our line of thinking and start learning to be industious as a people.

I haven't been to Africa but I've been to Mexico and Jamaica...so-calle "third world" countries and one thing most of these nations seem to have in common is that the vast majority of people don't work unless they HAVE to.

They'd rather party and chill than farm and generate goods.

You have a lot of lazy unindustrious whites, but they have a way of keeping eachother in check and except for the East Asians...thier level of competition to out-due eachother is such that they blow past any competition coming from outside thier race.

I agree totally.

It's a shame most of our people haven't learned to master the art of coded-language yet.