Destee's Thoughts My Sister Had a Stroke

Discussion in 'Destee's Thoughts' started by Destee, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

My Sister had a stroke last Sunday, 11/22/09, and has been in intensive care until a day or so ago. As you can imagine, it's been quite heart wrenching, as she is my baby Sister and we live together. I'm happy to report that she is making progress, simply being moved out of ICU is an indication of that, though the road to full recovery may be a long one for her / us. She is still in the hospital and I am staying with her. We are the only two Family Members here, and I need her to know she is not going through this alone.

This has all caused me to be away from the community these past days, and probably for some time to come.

I will be checking in every chance I get, but want you all to know why I am away.

I do thank you all, especially the Moderating TEAM, for holding things down.

A special thanks to those who are able to moderate their own selves during this trying time.

I will check in as often as possible, and thanks again every one, for every thing.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

:::

**** UPDATE ***** 12/06/09

Family ... Thank You All So Much! :grouphug:

It's been really krazee. Two weeks ago today, my Sister was stabbed, the house we lived in set afire, and immediately thereafter, she had a massive stroke. It was like being in some sort of twilight zone episode. I really couldn't believe it was happening, that I was in the midst of it all. Screaming for help, soothing my Sister as blood poured from her body, waiting for an ambulance to arrive, seeing the house on fire, oh my gosh ... it's been krazee Family. I don't know how many of you all knew, but I have been living with my Sister, and now I am living at the hospital with her, for the home we once shared ... everything in it ... has been destroyed.

I wasn't sure that I was going to put all of this on the table, but for the past 12 years, this community has been with me ... going through most everything i've gone through ... and well ... here i am again Family. Here is the story, and a video of some of the events of that night two weeks ago : http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...r_stabbing_woman/540497/Nov-22-2009_11-08-pm/. While you can see me in the video briefly, Black Woman Brown Dress, i wasn't talking to the camera.

My Sister suffered great injuries. To once have been so vibrant, full of life, everything ... and then in a moment, rendered completely helpless ... well ... it's a lot. My heart, hope, and prayers are with her.

Brother Clyde, you asked if there is anything that you all can do ... and i ask for everyone to pray that God restore her voice. Now that we've come this far, two weeks in, I need her to be able to talk. She's lost so much ability, but if she could talk, she could tell me where it hurts, if she is uncomfortable, things like that. She can let me know if anyone is mistreating her, if she could speak for herself. This is going to be a long road for her, and i may not always be able to be right at her side, so i really need her to talk to me ... to tell me if anyone is mistreating her or anything ... so please ... pray with me that she be able to talk again soon. I need to hear her voice.

I'm staying at the hospital with her, taking it all one day at a time. I'm not sure how this is all going to play out, but I have a friend that has made me welcome to stay with her and her Family, until I can make more permanent living arrangements, keeping me from being completely homeless. Of course, my Sister and her well-being is at the front of my thoughts, and have priority over everything else right now.

Here's a picture of us ... she's the pretty one in the background, resting peacefully ... :heart:

[​IMG]

Love You and Thank You Family!

:heart:

Destee

2. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    I

am very sorry to read this and wish her a speedy rcovery.

3. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Continued Love, Light and Healing Blessings to you both.....

M.E.
    :hearts2:

4. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    I too am sorry to hear about your sister Destee. I pray she'll be blessed with a speedy and FULL recovery.

MaddSistahlyLove!
    Coco:heart:

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

You all are in my prayers.

6. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    God/dess bless for a speedy recovery...

7. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I am very sorry to hear this, sister. My prayers are with you and your family.

8. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

May the Creator grant you strenght in your time of need. Wishing your Sister a speedy and full recovery.

Peace

9. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    Sorry to hear that Destee.....I hope that your sister recovers.

10. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Peace be unto you my sista - and blessing be to your sister.

Ru2religious