Black Spirituality Religion : My Scripture For Today

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Joyce, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Do you have a scripture that you would like to share with others today? Let it reflect your faith and brighten someone's day today and uplift their spirit while enlightening their mind with the wisdom and understanding of God. Maybe you would like to quote a wise proverb of some kind. Proverbs and Psalms are among my favorites. However, you may want to share something from the Qur'an or perhaps another faith such as the Mormons or Seventh Day Adventist. The bottomline...spread love, understanding and peace for without these...no of us shall see God. I'll start if off in the 2nd post below.

Joyce

2. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Psalm 19:7-14

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul;
    The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple;
    The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart;
    The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes;
    The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever;
    The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
    More to be desired are they than gold,
    Yea, than much fine gold;
    Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
    Moreover by them Your servant is warned,
    And in keeping them there is great reward.

Who can understand his errors?
    Cleanse me from secret faults.
    Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
    Let them not have dominion over me.
    Then I shall be blameless,
    And I shall be innocent of great transgression.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
    Be acceptable in Your sight,
    O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

Tuesday, June 1st

3. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    To OverStand The Almighty

To OverStand The Almighty Is To OverStand The Positive And Negative Of Every Individual ; You Cannot Love The Creator If You Do Not Accept The Postive And Negative In Every Individual ; You Are Not Applying The The Principle Of The Creator In You Because Obviously , He Accept The Good And Bad From Us . :book:

4. rasheed

rasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    working for Paradise (Jannah)
    Ratings:
    +4
    For those who care to read and reflect i share an English meaning of the text of Surah 30 ayah 30 of the Generous Qur'an followed by a transliteration of the original language: (among other things this text speaks on the fact that the Creator fashioned original upright nature (FiTra) as the true religion but most of the people are in the dark concerning this truth.

"So set you your face (attention) truly to the (proper) religion being upright, the nature in which Allah has made mankind; no change is there in the work (established) by Allah; that is the true Religion; but most among mankind know not."

"Fa aqim waj-haka lid-deene Haneefan, faT-ratAllahil-late faT-ran-naasa 'alayha, laa tab-deela le khalqeAllahe, thaalekad-deenul qay-yimu wa laaken-na ak-tharaan-naase laa ya'lamoon"

5. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    This Is Dedicated To An AngelicBeing I Know With Beautiful Eyes

O Yashua May Your Love Continue To Anniont , Our Hearts , Our Mind
    Our Soul , That We May Know , Thy Word , Thy Will , Thy Way , O Sing Unto The Lord A NewSong ; Sing Unto The Lord , All The Earth .. Oh Great And Glorious One . Your Greatness Is Reflected In The Eyes Of Your Beloved Creatures . And You Have Open Thier Eyes To The Wonders Of The Universe .And They Have Witnessed The Smallest Things , The Finest Things And The Miracles That Defy Explanation . Definition And Interpretation , And The People Who Bear Witness To The Truth Are Terrified Of Your Might ; And The Universe Sing Praises To Your Wonderous Name ; For You Created Things In Many Different Shapes . Colors And Textures . And You Perfected The Human Creation .So I Beg Of You . Oh Heavenly One Sustainer Master , In The Name Of Truth , In The Name Of Your All Encompassing Tenderness ; In The Name Of The Unquestionable . Who You Chose Above All Others ; And In The Name Of Your Beloved Messiah Yashua . Who Is Closer To You Than Anyone Else . Because They Are Your Favorites . Make Us Appreciate The Sweetness Of Your Scriptures . Help Us OverStand Its Beautiful Meanig , And Teach Us To Live According To The Sacred Words . From El's Holy Torah & El's Quraan Etc , In The Name Of Yashua The Lord Of All The World
    Neteru Baruk Antut :love: :sand:
    Ameen

6. rasheed

rasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    working for Paradise (Jannah)
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sooratun Noor (Light) 24 ayah 39

An English meaning:

"As for those who disbelieve, their deeds are like a mirage in a sandy desert. The thirsty one thinks it to be water, until he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing; but he finds Allah with him, Who will pay him his due. And Allah is Swift in taking account."

Transliteration of the original:

"Wal-latheena kafaroo a'maalukum kasafaabim beqee'atee yaHsabuhuTH Tham-aanu maaa an Hat-taa ethaa jaaa-ahuu lam yajed-hu shai-anw wa wajadaAllaha 'en-dahuu gawaf-faahu Hesaabahuu waAllahu saree'ul Hesaab"

7. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    I Corthinians 13

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
    But have not love,
    I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
    And though I have the gift of prophecy,
    And understand all mysteries and all knowledge,
    And though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains,
    But have not love, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor
    And though I give my body to be burned,
    But have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind;
    Love does not envy;
    Love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
    Does not behave rudely,
    Does not seek its own,
    Is not provoked,
    Thinks no evil;
    Does not rejoice in iniquity,
    But rejoices in the truth;
    Bears all things,
    Believes all things,
    Hopes all things,
    Endures all things.
    Love never fails.

But whether there are prophecies, they will fail;
    Whether there are tongues, they will cease;
    Whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
    For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
    But when that which is perfect has come,
    Then that which is in part will be done away.

When I was a child,
    I spoke as a child, I understood as a child,
    I thought as a child;
    But when I became a man,
    I put away childish things.

For now we see in a mirror, dimly,
    But then face to face.
    Now I know in part,
    But then I shall know just as I also am known.
    And now abide faith, hope, love...these three;
    But the greatest of these is...love.

Wednesday...June 2nd

8. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    This Is Dedicated TobfreeButterFly

O Yashua May Your Love Continue To Anniont , Our Hearts , Our Mind Our Soul , That We May Know , Thy Word , Thy Will , Thy Way , O Sing Unto The Lord A NewSong ; Sing Unto The Lord , All The Earth .. All Praises Is For Him , He Who Created The Heavens . And The Planet Earth .And Sepatated The Darkness From The Light . Then Those Who Disbelieve In Our Lord , Are Deviants . It Is He Who Created All Of You From Clay ( Water And Dust ) ; The He Decreed A Term , A Term Ordained With Him , And Yet You Have Doubt About It . He Is The God In The Heavens And In The Earth . He Knows Your Hidden Secrets And What You Disclose , And He Knows What You Earn . So Le Your Blessing Encompass Us . And Your Words Will Surely Penetrate Our Unhallowed Hearts . Makeing Them Aware Of Each Word's Profund And Unquestionable Meaning Infinite Wisdom And Indisputable Guidance . And Please Don't Fashion Us From Those Who Are Wicked And Unheedful Of You . God , For You Are My Master , Who Is Splendorous And Generous ; And By The Facts , Of The Perfectly Guided And By Yashua , Isa , Jesus Christ Lord Of All The World's . We Beseech You To Submerge Us In In A Sea Of Your Most Wonderous Blessing . Ameen :luv: :love: :flirt: :sand:

9. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    A Angel Spoke These Words To Me Today Thought I Share Them

Yashua... God continue to annoint our hearts ,our minds, our souls,so that we may know thy will, thy word,thy way...The purpose of prayer is to remind us of our oneness with God. that we are made in God's image, each of us a channel for divine influence, creativity and power. With practice prayer opens that channel. Prayer is more than praise and petition. It is about more than what we think or want. It's about selflessness, not self. It is not an insistence; "Listen, Holy Spirit, I am speaking," but an invocation; "Speak, Holy Spirit, I am listening."
    We often bargain with God or beg for what we beleive we lack.This is the God of man's invention-jealous and vengeful God, in the image and likeness of what man has become. And this image of a bookkeeping, blessing-rationing, punishing
    God had been used to instill fear and limit our vision, even to justify our enslavement, demean women and disempower our people.
    But the changeless spiritual truth is this: God is absolute goodness. God is love, and love sustains and supplies everything it has created....the birds of the air, the lilies of the field, the light of the stars and us. Because that's what love does- we don't have to earn it. That's what love is giving and giving, unceasingly, unconditionally, without waiting or wanting or needing thanks.
    You are safe, even in the eye of the storm. God will never forsake you or take a break from blessing and loving you. Your prayers are for remembering that, for affirming it. Your prayers are for you. God doesn't need your prayers or praise. Nothing you can say or pray will make God love you more. As God's beloved, you have the divine right to live in all the may rooms of the mansion...the right to everything ...to fullfill your needs and obligations. Your prayers aren't aren't for asking, but for affirming your faith-faith that you , as God's beloved , can be a willing channel for the highest good and that all your needs are met in the divine-right way, at the divine right time. Praising and thanking don't open God's heart wider. They open yours and fill it with love and gratitude, liberating you from fear, making you wiser, stronger.
    Beseeching God for blessings is like searching frantically for your glasses when they're sitting on your face. Our eyes are not the problem... It's our inner vision that's clouded. All life asks of us is this: that we use our gifts wisely and extend our blessings to others.
    Don't pray for miracles. Pray for the clarity to see your life as a most miraculous thing. Pray for the desire to love and give more. Make loving and giving your practice, and make that practice your prayer...

Hotep Ala Antuk
    Peace be unto you

10. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    My Scripture For Today...

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Timothy 3:1-7