Black People : My Question of the Day!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ionlyspeaktruth, May 2, 2008.

1. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    If there is something that has not worked for HUNDREDS of years. Been a complete disaster, Is there ANYTHING that would lead you to think it will work NOW?

Now think carfully, the line between an optimist and a fool is very close indeed. OK, If your answer is NO, then that means that we as AFRIKANS cannot should not and will not be able to live with the Euro Cave man/woman. Now if your answer is yes, tell me this... how long would you stay in a bad, horrible, abusive relationship? Get my point? Open yourself up to a certain think pattern and it becomes painless.

2. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    I think the best definition of crazy that I have ever heard is as follows:

crazy- to continue the same behavior and expect a different result.......

3. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

It is the perfect definition. We need not look any further.

4. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986

Hey bro,

My answer to your question is no, but I disagree with your assesment. The reason i disagree with your assesment is because although we have tried as a group (black people) to make things better whites havent. There have however been a hand full of whites who have been helping in the struggle for social justice since day one. Granted there were and still are many more who are opposed to social justice, none the less there were not enough. I truly believe that in this day and time in America that white peoples attitudes have changed much but not enough at this point to eradicate racism. Why do I say this? Well its based on personal experience, what we see in daily society and the fact that there are many hundreds of thousands of people; young white people who want and truly do believe in change (atleast thats what they say) and I believe they do, because they are willing to vote for Barak who says that he will make that change. Secondly I believe this because this generation (my generation) is very different from that of my mother and grandmothers generation. My generation (those born in the 80's) have had time to bridge a gap (however large or small that gap may be) between the races. We have had time to think about the past, whites have had time to think about their ancestors actions and many of them have choosen a different course, to stir away from hatred and prejudice. Now this may not be true for all of them, I cant speak for all of them. I can just go from what I know and believe based on my experience and what I see in the world beyond me, and I believe that while it is changing we have a great long way to go to fix the problem.

The reason that the problem is so complicated is because today its not so much a group problem as it is personal choice and each person's decision to think for themselves and decide their own destiny. When people make the choice to give into negative pressures then it becomes a group problem as has the race issue in america among whites. Fear sets in and hatred takes over when they decided to remain ignorant about us and who we are and what we can do. The fact of the matter is that there are no real differences beween the races aside from physical attributes. All of our differences are philosophical, social and poilitical. People are all the same once you go underneath the skin. When people realize that they realize the truth, that we really have more in common than we think. Again this is a personal choice (to be racist, predjudice when the group adopts this ideology out of fear, ignorance and the failure to think independantly. It comes down to this whole thing called life and the choices we make being a personal journey inwhich we must seek the truth and balance in everything, because certainly it is our true human nature---to be balanced and full of truth.

I, when I was young felt the same way that some of the people on the board felt--hatred for whites--. After all, not only had they enslaved and murderd my ancestors, but it was their system that tore my family apart, it was their system that falsely accused and wrongfully imprisoned my uncle for years, for a crime that he didnt commit. It was a white family, that lived next door to my aunt in Winston Salem, with ties to the klan who attacked me and my cousin when I went to visit in 1993. However, over the years I have grown and realized that I cannot live my live in bitter hate, it not only eats at your physical body but the soul. Now the soul being eternal, something that trancends this world and surpasses human capabilities, behavior and understanding.I realized is much bigger than this life and the trials of it. I realize Im in the here and now but the here and now is but a speck in time and will not last forever. However I will do all that I can to change the circumstance of my people and others while I am here so that we can all ASCEND TOGETHER, after all that is the ultimate goal.

5. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    First of all I'd like to say that a "question of the day" is an excellent practice!

That question leads to more questions. How separate is separate?

We are walking around on the top of a ball called "earth" that is spinning around in what we call "outer space" that circles around another ball that we call "the sun". Just how far around this ball do you think you can keep running in your attempt to separate from the smartest and most powerful white people?

However separate you think you can get away from the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) it ain't gonna be separate enough. We really do sound silly talking about separating from a people who's goal objective is the control of people wherever they exist in the known universe.

Some people say the plague that is called "AIDS" came from a place that is called "Africa". The so-called AIDS virus is in a place called "America". It is also said that non-white females suffer the most, of the people in the place called "America" of all of the people in the placed called "America", from the plague that is called AIDS.

Some people say the plague that is called "AIDS" was produced in a lab in the place that is called "America". The so-called AIDS virus is in a place called "Africa". It is also said that non-white females suffer the most, of the people in the place called "Africa", from the plague that is called AIDS.

I have taken that 17 hour plane ride from the place that is called "America" to the place that is called "Africa" on more than one occasion...so it is really a long ways away. But it ain't far enough away out of the reach of the white people who practice racism (white supremacy). You ain't gonna be able to get far enough away fast enough from the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) because they are smart enough and devious enough to close that gap in about 5 seconds and keep it closed over a period of hundreds of years.

Sorry for the digression but I must...

When I was about 8 or 9 years of age I saw a boy whose house was across the street from me get chased by a dog. He had a few good body lengths on the dog as he attempted to separate his body from the dogs body...as far separate as he could. He ran across this lawn that had signs on the lawn that said "Keep Off The Grass". He tripped over one of these signs, fell down but quicly got back up and kept running but when he fell he lost some ground to the dog. The carport of this house where he was running from the dog had rope around the post, from post to post, during the day to deter the children from walking through the yard. The rope or string going from one of the post to the other post on the carport caught that boy by the neck and he fell on his back. He later told me that all he could hear was that dog barking coming after him so he got back up and kept running. But with all the injuries the dog was now gaining on him. The boy was starting to holler out loud as he attempted to separate himself from that dog while he looked back and saw the dog was gaining on him. As I stood across the street and watched this I remember thinking to myself "what is he going to do?". I was afraid for the boy and all of this was happening so fast. To my amazement the boy stopped. I stood there with my eyes open and my mouth open as I watched this boy stop and this big dog coming right at him. It was at this point that the boy realized that no matter what he did he wasn't going to be able to separate himself from this threat. He wasn't going to be able to get far enough away fast enough...so he stopped...turned around and faced the dog...and when the dog jumped up to bite him he hit that dog in the face with a left hook and a right cross and that dog hit the ground and lay on its side. I couldn't believe what I saw...but it was there...right in front of me.

See...at some point non-white people are gonna have to understand that you ain't gonna be able to outrun the white people who practice racism (white supremacy). Non-white people ain't gonna be able to separate themselves from the smartest and most powerful white people...ain't gonna be able to get far enough away fast enough. At some point non-white people are gonna hafta realize, because it is right there staring us in the face, that we can't keep runnning around the planet and/or throughout the known universe attempting to separate ourselves from the smartest and most powerful white people. Non-white people are gonna hafta stop...turn around and face the smartest and most powerful white people...and learn to speak and/or act in a manner lays them on their side...meaning, works against them...neutralizes their behavior...for all time.