Black People : My Profile

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by cartelq, Apr 3, 2007.

1. cartelq

cartelq Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I just joined this forum and noticed that I cannot create or alter my profile unless I join as a premium member. Well may I say that that is sad. Have we become the capitalist as our enemy to where we cannot even talk to one another without having to pay a price? Have we become so greed-induced that we believe discussing issues that effect our community as a people is now a service requiring what? money? What is premium anyway? Does it cost and what cost are we to pay? Have we not paid enough in this God-forsaken country.

www.**************

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Premium membership is the benefit to have features on destee.com
    yes you have to become a premium member to create or add your profile

http://www.destee.com/membership/ this link will express what it takes

surely we have paid in deeply and we still paying through life as you know life cost
    freebee's as we know comes with little and good quality comes with a price, yet you
    can enjoy the house and discussions and take part but all features is the benefit of
    Premium members .

Welcome to Destee.com Cartelq
    why not become a premium member to support your own .....think this way
    you not paying for nothing but supporting your own ...

I hope this help answer your question

Peace & blessing
    Admin Team

3. cartelq

cartelq Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Support is Free

Any support is free!!! and does not cost a thing...and I have never understood anything otherwise. I remember a guy commenting on the new age occupation of a "Life coach" which is a person who charges others money to talk to them about their life...the guy said jokingly...we had life coaches when we were growing up...they were called "friends"!

Q

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Cartelq ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

You must be torn inside, finding our policies so sad, but still using us to promote your site.

Seems you found something good to use us for, after all ... huh?

For the record, you are discussing (issues) without it costing you anything.

I mean ... you are talking to us ... right ... and you've not paid anything ... right?

Premium Membership is the means by which the Members can help keep the community alive. That is it's main purpose, though it does offer a few extra perks, that don't come with Regular Membership ... such as profiles.

If you'll notice, we have no advertisements flashing in your face, we've never sold our traffic, no other streams of revenue, except from those Sisters and Brothers that WANT to help.

If you don't WANT to help ... you don't have to help.

I don't understand your gripe ... but nonetheless ... continue to take advantage of all you can.

:heart:

Destee

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    nice story but destee.com have to pay for all that we have and features
    video voice chat and many other things we have going on here within
    nothing in life is free you are very mistaken and mislead .

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Come to think of it ... you don't really want any traffic from a sad site such as this ... do you?

Want me to remove your link, before too many from the sad site, swarm your place?

I'll just go ahead and remove it ... and if you want it back ... post here to let me know.

Destee

7. cartelq

cartelq Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Reverse Pyschology

That little bit of reverse pysche will never work on me...neither does propaganda or hype...to me truth is truth. Its a marketing ploy nothing more and certainly nothing less. Its all about capital gain, greed and making money...just like I tell pulpit pimps...it dont cost a thing to build people's lives, just some of your time. As far as cost is concern for running this site...or a church...dont depend on other people to further a venture you started on your own. If they support you fine but when you start asking for more than support...you have lost your way.

Q
    PS...I am not here to promote my site...I do not think that way, I simply placed a link for id purposes because I CANNOT CREATE A PROFILE.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    We certainly appreciate you taking part in our discussions with us.

Thank You.

Destee

9. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Hosting/Bandwidth Costs REAL Money

Greetings and Welcome to the Fam!

Beggin your pardon, but is your internet access free? Neither is providing internet destinations! Yup! It's a "capitalist plot", but "everybody has to pay something".

Somebody has to pay for the machines that this place runs on. Somebody has to pay for the electricity that these machines use. Somebody has to pay somebody to create the applications that some of these machines run. Somebody has to pay somebody to manage the machines that these applications run on. Somebody has to pay somebody for the telephone lines that all this "sad" stuff connects over.

But the really neat thing about the Destee.com Family is that nobody has to pay any of the folks that Give of ThemSelves to keep the House NICE, As bad as dear Sister Destee feels about not being able to pay the people Care enough about Our Home, (who prolly feel a whole lot better just doing it out of the Love Of/For both Destee's. OTOH, they would prolly consider this to be a Really Righteou$ Job!), they just can't be paid yet because so many people seem to feel as you do. Now, that's sad.

But that just brings us to the True Freebie around these parts: the Hearts and Love and Healing of this Family!! Priceless!!

So, what's ten bucks a month? A few beers? A movie? A bottle? A couple fewer trips to the corner store for scratch tickets?

Yep! There be Lots of Truth being poked, prodded, learned and shared here. Please enrich our collective Knowledge Pool by share your viewpoints? That's Free!! "You're Aready a Winner!"

Even if we were to get all the hardware/software/comm lines hooked up in Destee's den or something, there is still the house note to be paid ... somebody always gots to get their piece. Wouldn't try to get it from you but when I first joined the Family, Destee was just getting back into her place after short changing herself while keeping this place going!!! [I think this might be a rather "interesting" "Urban Legend" way down the road, eh?] She didn't/doesn't want to do it, but ...

<tuggin_coattail>
    Only on account of having been a member of this Family for a while, but it sort of feels to me like the Welcome that was offered and the attempt to ease concerns might have cooled a bit. Not that either of them would ... (well, SisterQueen:hearts2:"Thug_Momma":hearts2:Destee might ..<grin> .. don't get on that side of her. Ain't meaning nuthin; jes saying is all.), but you might have noticed a bit of a "weather change" in their replies?</tuggin_coattail>

We ain't "lost our way": We Are MAKING OUR Way and every little nickel helps!​