Black Spirituality Religion : My Position on Torah: For Those Weak In Understanding.....

Dual Karnayn

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 5, 2005
((especially "you know who"))

My positions is and has always been acceptance of the TORAH as the word of God.
It was the set of laws that God gave to the Children of Israel through Moses to serve as a foundation for thier civilization.

That's what the Torah is....nothing else.
Not the story of Creation.
Not the story of Adam.
Not the story of Noah.
Not the book of Daniel.

It's a set of LAWS.

With me so far?

BUT THE OLD TESTAMENT IS NOT THE TORAH.

Many of it's stories were based OFF of the Torah....among other books....but it in itself is not the true Torah.

Follow me now......

The Torah is ONE BOOK of Laws given to Moses by God.

The Old Testament is a COLLECTION OF BOOKS by different authors written at different times.

This is why I use the Old Testament simply as a book of references....like books by Heredotus....or like Webster's Dictionary....or books by Josephus.....or like one of Chris Rock's stand-up routines.

They all contain some truth and value and I use them for such, but they're not the inerrant words of God.

Now that's my position on Torah and Old Testament.

You don't have to AGREE with it, just UNDERSTAND it and don't get it twisted.

"You don't have to AGREE with it, just UNDERSTAND it and don't get it twisted."

With this, I AGREE.

Peace
Omowale..

Dual Karnayn said:
((especially "you know who"))

My positions is and has always been acceptance of the TORAH as the word of God.
It was the set of laws that God gave to the Children of Israel through Moses to serve as a foundation for thier civilization.

That's what the Torah is....nothing else.
Not the story of Creation.
Not the story of Adam.
Not the story of Noah.
Not the book of Daniel.

It's a set of LAWS.

With me so far?

BUT THE OLD TESTAMENT IS NOT THE TORAH.

Many of it's stories were based OFF of the Torah....among other books....but it in itself is not the true Torah.

Follow me now......

The Torah is ONE BOOK of Laws given to Moses by God.

The Old Testament is a COLLECTION OF BOOKS by different authors written at different times.

This is why I use the Old Testament simply as a book of references....like books by Heredotus....or like Webster's Dictionary....or books by Josephus.....or like one of Chris Rock's stand-up routines.

They all contain some truth and value and I use them for such, but they're not the inerrant words of God.

Now that's my position on Torah and Old Testament.

You don't have to AGREE with it, just UNDERSTAND it and don't get it twisted.
We are basically on the same page.. When I labored under the delusion that the whole bible is the inerrant, infallable and inspired word of God I could not understand why people who did not share that view still quoted from the bible. Now experience has taught me to understand where they were coming from. I agree that just because I quote a verse here and there does not mean I'm going down on record as saying the whole thing is true.

River

We are basically on the same page.. When I labored under the delusion that the whole bible is the inerrant, infallable and inspired word of God I could not understand why people who did not share that view still quoted from the bible. Now experience has taught me to understand where they were coming from. I agree that just because I quote a verse here and there does not mean I'm going down on record as saying the whole thing is true.
As a Muslim, I never let people hold my quotations of the bible over my head.

Hell, I can quote some of the works of Hitler on media propaganda....doesn't mean I believe in him....lol.

I mean, if somebody came on here saying the Bible teaches Jesus and Satan are the same being.

An atheist may not believe in either one OR the Bible, but they'll quickly point out how wrong that statement is, because the Bible doesn't teach that.
Doesn't mean he believe in the entire book.

What you and brothers Aqil and Radical were discussing a while back about the books of Adam and Eve and other lost books...those are some of the books the Old Testament is based on.

The Book of Enoch and the Book of Abraham is another one.

There were probably hundreds of different books used in the creation of the Old Testament, and they were all compiled, condensed, and edited under the direction of Ezra and other Kohens (Jewish Priests) in Babylon.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back