My Position on the $$RICH$$ Situation

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Destee, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I want to address the $$RICH$$ situation, for those of you who may wonder why i took the position that i did. Willing to accept his apology, forgive him, and move on. I know some of you feel that i should do more, and i did consider it, but did not find it to be the best possible choice i could make. You are all right, in that $$RICH$$ has a much greater responsibility to the community, is held to a higher standard, and arguably is due consequences that reflect that ... meaning ... i should suspend/ban him, or remove him from the TEAM. $$RICH$$ did offer himself up for these things, after he apologized, and i refused to accept them.

I refused to accept them for a number of reasons.

1. What $$RICH$$ did was not precedent setting. It has happened before. In the exact same like situation, the Brother was accused, he admitted his guilt and apologized, and we accepted that apology. It was the end of it. He is still a Member here (has been all the years), never experiencing a warning, suspension, ban, or harassment. I could not reason in my mind, why i should treat $$RICH$$ any different, than i'd treat another Member.

2. The Moderating TEAM is dear to me. Within it, i try to guide the Sisters and Brothers in the manner that i want them to guide the community. I want them to be forgiving of the Members, therefore, i must be forgiving of them, in hopes that each of us will be forgiving of the other. There is no way i could be so hard and demanding, as to not allow those who voluntarily work with me, room for error, growth, etc. How could i do such a thing. I can't. Every Member of my TEAM must not only hear, but see, that i will stand with them if they are doing the right thing. While $$RICH$$ initially did the wrong thing, he made it all right, by admitting it and apologizing. That is exactly the kind of person i want on the TEAM, and i'm thankful, that that is the kind of people i have on the TEAM.

3. There is not one Member that has joined this community, posted a poem in the poetry forum, and didn't receive a personal welcome and love from $$RICH$$. Not one. Not one in all the years we've been here. Do yall hear what i'm saying? Not one person has crossed the threshold of our poetry forums, and not been warmly welcomed by $$RICH$$. That has nothing to do with what he's apologized for. No, that comes from his heart, his love for this community, his love for our people. That is hard work. I couldn't do it, and i love this place. I could not do what $$RICH$$ has done for this community. No matter if i said i could do it, i haven't, nor has anyone else. I can't not count that. There's no way in the whole wide world, that i can not count that. For me not to count that, would mean that i'd have to go against the core principles of this community ... for they are about striving with all of us, through the good and bad, believing, hoping, and wanting the best. For me to now lose focus of his best, would be counter to what we stand for. We've all fallen short, and those times should not be the whole sum total of us, and i won't let it be for $$RICH$$ ... or any Member facing like circumstances.

Yes, i've noticed the poetry forums are taking a hit. That's fine with me. Everything costs something, and if a Brother's apology, and my acceptance of that apology, must cost us ... then we'll pay that price ... for i would do it again, in a heartbeat, for any Brother. What troubles me though, is the Anthology Project, and how folk are dropping out of it like flies. That's fine too, i mean, everything here is voluntary, so if one doesn't wanna take part anymore, they don't gotta ... but that aint just $$RICH$$ ... that's Sister PLATINUMILLITY1 too, and the entire community. To not be able to compartmentalize the anger, disappointment, or whatever it is, in such a manner as to not hurt other efforts ... well ... we really should learn how to do this. I think.

No matter though, i want to take a moment to encourage Sister PLATINUMILLITY1. Sister, you are doing a great work, taking on a challenge that was not able to realize completion, even in the past, even when we did not have the same challenges we face now. Even during the best of times, no one was able to accomplish it. So don't let anything discourage you. Once it is complete, and i believe this will be the time, you will know beyond a shadow of doubt, that you did something, completed a task, during the worst of times ... and you are the youngest too (our youth) !!! It's nothing to say you did a thing, when the going was easy. It's being able to do stuff, when the going gets tough. That's what makes or breaks us Sister, and don't let nuth'n break you! Remain Forever Encouraged.

There has been a lot of turmoil in the community, and i'd like to encourage you all, not to let it sabotage us.

We are doing a great work, and we have years of evidence to prove it.

We will make mistakes, it is in the handling of those errors, that are true fabric is tested. I'm of the opinion, if we can't forgive, then it says more about us, than it does about the one asking for the forgiveness. There has never been a time in the history of this community, that a Sister or Brother apologized, and that apology was not accepted. That is what this community is about, and that is why i took the position that i did. I would take this same position for any Member here.

I am hoping, by understanding the position i took, and why, we can begin to heal and move beyond this, as best we can.

Thank for listening.

:heart:

Destee

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I stand 100% solid behind the decision made.:love:

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Agreed and understood!

KWABENA

4. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    To err is human to forgive is divine ....

peace

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    s'all good...i understand....
    hopefully the poetry forums will pick back up shortly...

and let me just say...i took no great pleasure in what i did...
    and had i not read brother dss's banning thread in which rich said
    no one is above the rules...i wouldn't have even put it out there like that...

i'm not perfect and i don't expect anyone else to be....

one love
    khasm

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Thank You Family ... and Thank You Brother Khasm ... :love:

That phrase, no one is above the rules, still stands true. No one is above them.

No one gets to break them, without (the chance of) being called out, and having to answer to the evidence.

We will forever live true to that ... no matter who or what ... :love:

I love you ... forever ... yes, it's all good ... :grouphug:

Destee

7. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    You're Wonderful Brother! :terrific:

I love you! :love:

8. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261

and we all know that I ain't perfect :lol:

but I'm workin hard at it....

ur a strong brother Khasm, and I often look at the example that you set

:bowdown:

so many times I hear people say One .... like in the movie belly and i'm like ummmmm One WHAT!!!!

But when u say it ... it truly means something.....

Peace ... oh...

One Love :lol:

9. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Bro Rich

..wont be the first to make a mistake and wont be the last cause I know I cussed a tad bit when I first joined and mah Sister Queen beat me up LOL with LOVE of course cause I didnt know all the rules and STILL dont know them all. But this is how you grow. Thank you Sister Destee for this as you DIDNT have to tell us why you did what you did because when its all said and done, this site is YOURS and we appreciate your SHARING it with us.
    Love..and Peace

10. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +162
    While sitting here pondering over who took what from whom, who did right, who did wrong, the bigger universe is still moving towards us, yet not in our favor. It's time to move on, we got bigger, realer, more life threatening problems. I agree with the rest, I don't kick a man/woman when down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.