Black People : My People

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by afrostotle, Jun 25, 2003.

1. afrostotle

afrostotle Well-Known Member MEMBER

My occupation is whatever I do that requires focus
    Ratings:
    +3
    Greetings to all. I bid peace to everyone!

First, I'd like to say how nice it is to have a forum, via the internet, to vibe with others who share not only my pride in who I am, but also, the frusrtation that goes along with what I am.....
    Which brings me to my point. On Monday evening, I was channel surfing, trying to find some propaganda to feed that curious side of me. I tunned in as I regularly do to C-Span, you know the government channel, and there was a forum, sponsored by The Rainbow-Push foundation, in which, the Democratic pretenders were fielding questions related to the current condition of Black America, and how they, if elected, will work to change things for the betterment of African Americans. On this panel of questioners, sat Tavis Smiley, and he asked of Sentator Gephardt, would he support funding of computer and hi-tech programs to help minorities compete in a hi-tech world. This forum is a good example of why we need to become more computer literate. This is a perfect vehicle for us, as a people, to connect from all parts of the country to voice our concerns. As a black man, who lives in an predominately caucasion city, I need this forum in order to reach out and know that others feel me. Maybe if we start to network, we can create a political buzz that will spread like wildfires. Let us all get on the same page, and implement some much needed change.

Peace, Prosperity and Power to all

2. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Afro-
    read on my brother, you will find that some of us here are trying to do that very same thing--- I think that you will find that like some other websites- it seems that here too, we don't really want to deal with some of our issues... but we are getting there; but unlike other websites (MOST) for our people, we have a comfortable place where we can agree and disagree, and not have to deal with hateful people and their agendas to keeps us so wound up and focused on them and their problems that we fail to deal with ourselves...

Anyway, welcome to the forums...

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Afrostotle

Welcome to the forums! Your message is loud and clear. I hope you find that, as happy wrote, there are people like you here who are fully engaged in discussion about important issues and continuing those discussions in their homes and in their communities.

Destee.com is a wonderful place for us to gather because it was designed for us, by us. I hope you explore the full extent of what is offered here because it was designed for people like you in mind. Voice chat and Radio...all about us to educate, respect and uplift, as well as have fun.

Thank you for your message and I look forward to reading more.

Peace!
    :heart:

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    indeed welcome to the forum of destee.com
    well felt had heard in wholesome ...............
    happy u join our beautiful family our community of many
    Thanks for sharing ya inner thoughts and mindful wisdom