Black Poetry : My pen bleeding truth

asimplepoet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 13, 2006
Somewhere between paradise and diaster
Occupation
Teacher
Impregnated by the disenfranchised dreams of ancestor forcefully drugged from kingdoms
Teetering back in forth in labors pains wondering when the gestation will cease and bring forth freedom
Sick and tired of being told to forget about the stretch marks of yesteryears as if all of it can be erased
There's no way to forget bending over and touching our toes as you examined the merit of our assets
Deciding my fate on a mere whim with no concern for us as if we were just glorified accessories or pets
And even if we regulated that to generations past we can't neglect the fact that Jim Crow just ended in 1965
Barely a half century ago we had to stay within the color line just to have the right to stay alive
But lets not discuss rights for they weren't designed with us in mind for we were still 3/5 when they were comprised
Never intended for our kind to even dream of the pursuit of happiness or any of it ideals to actually be actualized
Yet we digress for daily you profess that there has been much progress made and many strides obtained
However when we look at headlines of the day the question must be asked what has been really gained
Trying not to sing the same broken refrain but as yet heaven and earth don't ring with the harmonies of Liberty
Yet some of us are pacified with a half obtained happy every after ending laced with bittersweet misery
Nevertheless the majority cannot rest until we all have an equal place setting at this table of life
Thus excuse the sharpness of my pen for its purpose is to slice through reality and spread truth like a butter knife

Impregnated by the disenfranchised dreams of ancestor forcefully drugged from kingdoms
Teetering back in forth in labors pains wondering when the gestation will cease and bring forth freedom
Sick and tired of being told to forget about the stretch marks of yesteryears as if all of it can be erased
There's no way to forget bending over and touching our toes as you examined the merit of our assets
Deciding my fate on a mere whim with no concern for us as if we were just glorified accessories or pets
And even if we regulated that to generations past we can't neglect the fact that Jim Crow just ended in 1965
Barely a half century ago we had to stay within the color line just to have the right to stay alive
But lets not discuss rights for they weren't designed with us in mind for we were still 3/5 when they were comprised
Never intended for our kind to even dream of the pursuit of happiness or any of it ideals to actually be actualized
Yet we digress for daily you profess that there has been much progress made and many strides obtained
However when we look at headlines of the day the question must be asked what has been really gained
Trying not to sing the same broken refrain but as yet heaven and earth don't ring with the harmonies of Liberty
Yet some of us are pacified with a half obtained happy every after ending laced with bittersweet misery
Nevertheless the majority cannot rest until we all have an equal place setting at this table of life
Thus excuse the sharpness of my pen for its purpose is to slice through reality and spread truth like a butter knife

0n point and on time comments!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back