Black Spirituality Religion : my meditation experience

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by cursed heart, Dec 9, 2010.

1. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Hey everyone long time no hear.
    ok i just started meditating monday.
    I follow a cd called manifesting your destiny.
    Now i dont know the first thing about meditation but i followed the cd unsure of the outcome.
    For those that have had this experience tell me if its working for me.
    My vision becomes cloudy to this material world.
    My entire body feels weightless and my legs become numbness and fall asleep.
    I feel like ive smoked marajuana..
    My body sways on its own slowly like its vibrating to a slow rhythm.
    the outsdie world doesnt exist.
    I feel so peaceful i see images of music notes,rainbows,the sun,half moons,rivers and more.
    I even saw an image of a knight.
    My face also gets warm.
    If i try to move my arms I feel like i dont have arms.
    My body feels elevated yes im seated physically.
    when I am done I cannot feel my legs as i have difficulty getting up.
    i have to physically lift my leg up one by one and grab my bed.
    i sit for a minute on my bed then for some reason im still trance like.
    at night when i do my ohm meditation for some reason i have the desire to stare in my vanity mirror.
    this is where it really gets interesting.
    as i stare in the mirror my face begins to change forms.
    Its me only the me i see is not me if that makes sense.
    its like i'm one of many.
    i have no idea who these images represent or who they are.
    last night i stared so long my entire face was just a sillouette no form and i had this overwhelming surge thru my body that i was not able to handle so i brought my self back unsure of where i was going.
    after that i just sang and danced a bit while doing my usual before bed.
    i also sleep so sound and i dreams more.
    I wake up earlier.
    hm im sleepy alot during the **** and i got to bed earlier than usual.
    Is this normal?
    i stay calm and i speak like a motivational speaker sometimes and donteven realise im doing it.

2. Bxblasta

Bxblasta Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +160
    Sounds to me like you are raising your Kundalini energy up through your chakras, the increase in dreams is the result of more melatonin being released at night when you sleep. This increase in melatonin helps to tap into your subconscious memory. You on the right track for sure.

3. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    Thank you bxblasta for responding.
    I wasnt sure how I respond to meditating becuz its hard to quiet the mind.
    I light some cleansing inscence as well as I am spiritually sensitive to spirits of all kinds.
    I researched the mirror gazing and it said what i am seeing is my past incarnations.
    Im thinking better and feeling calmer.
    I dont react to certain situations the same.
    I want to make sure i keep the ah and ohm meditations up.
    These meditations are use to manifest your deepest desires by imagining they are true.
    the ohm is to thank the creator for all that you are greatful for.
    Its such a good feeling as well.
    Tonight meditation wasnt as in depth.
    I was destracting because there was a presence of energy in my room becuz i felt it during the first ten minutes of my meditation which made me focus more on the presence than my breathing and vibration.
    I did however see a faint swirl of white smoke trying to materialize right before me.
    Thats why its really important i stay grounded during these meditations.
    Im hoping for a positive outcome.
    Its an incredible experience.

4. Bxblasta

Bxblasta Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +160
    Stay focused on calming the mind as much as possible, try to keep outside thoughts tuned out while meditating. I recommend doing some asana yoga postures before meditating, also look into doing breathing techniques called Pranayama. Also begin to incorporate visuals into your meditation such as Sacred Geometry. There is a good sacred geometry package on Amazon.com by a guy name Janosh.

5. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    Thank you i will defeinately look into that.

6. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +548
    Hello cursedheart. Aww...I remember you..LOL I am just returning myself.

Bear with me on this one, cause its one of my favorite subjects.

As a long time meditator in the practice of various forms of Eastern/African traditions, Id like to say "Congratulations." And yes, it is working. All you described are indicators that you are moving towards clarity. All of the signs are evidence that you are making progress. You are introducing you to your true inner essence, before thought, before conceptions.

The process is similar to re-furbishing a basement. First you gotta take out all the old stuff, so the new stuff has room. Your gonna feel some strange sensations at first, get discouraged over your progress, but each day brings new growth. You are possibly removing years of accumulated thoughts

As you continue on, you will find it easier. Soon most conceptual thoughts will diminish. The visions may become more vivid, but they are not of a threatening type. Desires will lessen, your body will follow, and yes you will experience a calmness that will be displayed in your everyday activities, as you already have... Out of this stillness, comes the impressive ability to be more intuitive, (some things are gonna shock you, both good and bad ) less judgemental, energetic and more compassionate. A smiling, happy disposition usually follows. (Trust me, its awkward, but your gratitude and joy just rises.)

I was instructed early on, to focus on breathing. To breathe deeply and evenly assists in relaxing the body. And it gives a point of reference, something to re-focus on when the thoughts enter. Position of the spine also yogic asanas are important, as BXblasta said earlier, that is the channel to which the energy rises and the asanas increase circulation of the blood and energies.

Others will then marvel as you levitate and float before their eyes. A pure blue aura will envelope you and flowers will lean towards you on your daily path.

LOL..only kidding.

I never experienced that, but there is so many benefits to meditation. ITs effect on the body processes are so therapuetic, including digestion, circulation, respiration.....

Sorry to go on and on, but Im just happy for you. Ive been where you are at, and its such an exciting experience. Kinda wish I could have caught you before you bought the CD, because I dont believe in charging others for self-awareness, but apparently it is working for you.

Feel free to e-mail me if you want to discuss further. I am more than willing to assist (doing my "goofy happy dance") ([email protected])

It is the begining of a new love inside. You, are the ever-opening flower