Black People : My Man Castro Speaks on Bush

Sangofa, it's a long story, but one which I can offer from my vantage point as an African American with African Cuban friends... For one, no man should rule any nation for 40 years, because that's absolute power, and absolute power corrupts absolutely...

In essence, Fidel Castro was right to act as he did in fomenting the revolution which ousted the dictator, Fulgencio Batista, from power... Batista was not only a dictator who kept African Cubans, as well as, others, in abject poverty, and murdered those who opposed him, but he was a puppet of the United States government, and it's Crime Kingpins... 45 years later, this man, who has been President since before I was born, has outlived his usefulness and effectiveness as a leader...

Granted, he is one of those rare cats who has stood tall in the face of unrelenting economic and military threats and attacks on his country, which is his allure to many, but not to me... For one, I HATE charismatic leadership... Charismatic leaders rarely leave anyone who can fill the vacuum created after they leave... Most charismatic leaders are too damned egotistical to dare train anyone, or select someone, capable of fulfilling that role... Castro is no different... Lastly, I am of the belief that he has used Africans like a tool during his reign... Whether it be sending African Cubans to Angola to die on Angolan soil, or using African Americans to provide him support against the United States, the man has managed to maintain our support, despite presiding over a nation that still incarcerates Africans in Cuba at higher rates than ever before... It still amazes me how we will give our undying support to this man... So those are a few reasons why I am not to thrilled with Castro, my brother...

Peace!
Isaiah

i don't know much about Cuba.
i do know that some seriously dope music comes out of there.
i know Cuba has provided refuge to some folks who were fleeing the man.

i would like to see the Cuban people determine their own destiny.

lastly, i would like someone to explain why China is "most favored nation" and Cuba is on the **** list?
could it be colour?

Isaiah said:
Sangofa, it's a long story, but one which I can offer from my vantage point as an African American with African Cuban friends... For one, no man should rule any nation for 40 years, because that's absolute power, and absolute power corrupts absolutely...

In essence, Fidel Castro was right to act as he did in fomenting the revolution which ousted the dictator, Fulgencio Batista, from power... Batista was not only a dictator who kept African Cubans, as well as, others, in abject poverty, and murdered those who opposed him, but he was a puppet of the United States government, and it's Crime Kingpins... 45 years later, this man, who has been President since before I was born, has outlived his usefulness and effectiveness as a leader...

Granted, he is one of those rare cats who has stood tall in the face of unrelenting economic and military threats and attacks on his country, which is his allure to many, but not to me... For one, I HATE charismatic leadership... Charismatic leaders rarely leave anyone who can fill the vacuum created after they leave... Most charismatic leaders are too damned egotistical to dare train anyone, or select someone, capable of fulfilling that role... Castro is no different... Lastly, I am of the belief that he has used Africans like a tool during his reign... Whether it be sending African Cubans to Angola to die on Angolan soil, or using African Americans to provide him support against the United States, the man has managed to maintain our support, despite presiding over a nation that still incarcerates Africans in Cuba at higher rates than ever before... It still amazes me how we will give our undying support to this man... So those are a few reasons why I am not to thrilled with Castro, my brother...

Peace!
Isaiah

Thank you for the info. I am a female.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back