Black People : My Head Is Too Hard To Worry About Brick Walls And Glass Ceilings

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Mar 5, 2006.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Family I am done here in good ol' Arkansa and this teacher is tripping me out.

This school is the only one of it's kind in the us especially designed for visually impaired people. I have one class that I stay in from eigt till four thirty. This is my teacher's second year teachg so the one other student in his class and I are like guinea pigs while he gets his game tight.

what's happening is that he has assigned us more projexts than he is able to help us with. He doesn't even have a syllabus or lesson plan but spends most of the class time making up projects or grading them. He used to not takes points off when we got stuff wrong because he did not know the answer himself . I've been very forgiving because of his newness (giving a white man a break--go figure) but now my average is suffering for this.

I completed twelve of the twenty projects with a pervect score in almost all of them. He helped me a lot to figure out how to do them. But my over all score is low bexase of th eight projects I could not complete because I had no idea how to do them and he did not have time to help me..

Friday he was helping the other student (also white) and I was waiting for him to help me. He told us he would give us until Monday and our score would be the aveerage between my score and the other student's score cause he wanted us to work together. But whwen he finished helping the other student it was time to go and when I told him I needed help he told me to ask the other student to help me. Then he and the other student went out and left me.

Well I got to talk to my counselor tomorrow to let him know about this. He is white too so I don't know how things will work out. I know that from the time I first decided to come here everybody was trying to steer me into the irs program. I don't want to work for the mamafreaking irs. I love computers and this program will either give me the knowledge I need or I will find it somewhere else.

I just have to see how things go down tomorrow. Y'all keep me in your meditations and prayers.

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    :hammer: *huffin* I can feel your frustration. Maybe you should go straight to the program director with this issue. I find going directly to the top to be most beneficial. I hope everything works out for you.

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Sister River, if I may make a suggestion, practice visualizing the outcome in your mind, create affirmations that will guide you, and seal your victorious outcome by repeating these affirmations over and over. Remember to write your affirmations as though what you want is already happening and has already happened.

Keep us posted!

Queenie :heart:

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Looks like you're caught between a rock and a hard place. I've gone through a similar incident. May I suggest that you speak with a counselor? Perhaps you can petition, or have the Dean overlook things. If not, do you have a school president? Good luck;)

5. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Thank you sistas PurpleMoons, Queenie and Spicey,

This is excellent advice. I will let you know how things go tomorroe. Now I am going to hear Destee's class before I crash.

Love y'all

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Well it looks like your advice was on point, sistas. Now all I have to do is see if their actions are as good as their words. Time will tell that story.

I talked to both my counselor and the director. I decided not to approach this from a "He done me wrong" standpoint but just focus on my concerns about my scores and my need for more assistance from the teacher. Everybody can win this way.

I feel like I have grown a little bit from this experience.