Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : My Hair is Falling Out...HELP!

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by BallOfConfusion, Apr 30, 2007.

1. BallOfConfusion

BallOfConfusion Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    This has been going on for a while now, my hair has been breaking off really bad. But now it's starting to show, in the back it's really choppy and ruff and in the front on the left side it's really really thin. I dont typically use any grease or anything in my hair, but i've started to again. I perm it about every 2-3 months, but I also flat iron it alot, I wash it when nessaccary, and I keep it cut in a short style. I don't know wat to do, help me out.

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    This is what I woud do.
    First stop putting perm in your hair.
    Stop using the flat iron everyday on dry hair.
    Oil your scalp!
    Go to your beautician and let her cut your hair so it can appear to be even.
    Get an aphogee treatment.
    Wear braids/ micros,kinky twist,cornrolls until you hair grows back in .

3. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    This may clog her scalp and prevent growth.

These hairstyles pull the hair follicles from the root and can actually cause baldness!

There are certain vitamins that you need for healthy hair. Zinc, Iron and Biotin are a few that I can remember off the top of my head but if you google this, I'm sure you'll find a whole list.

You should get enough sleep, avoid stress and excercise. You may want to gently massage your scalp every night to promote blood circulation. You need to stop perming and flat ironing your hair, period.

4. BallOfConfusion

BallOfConfusion Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your input. Actually I think that may be it. I'm anemic; so my iron level is really low. I know flat iron'n & perming arn't the best thing for my hair but i dont know wat else to do with it.

5. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449

Olive oil and castor oil does not clog your scalp and they promote hair growth.
    Those hair styles are ok if they aren't too tight, but she could always put on a wig or cute scarf until her hair grows out.
    BallofConfusion, nappturality.com is waiting for you.

6. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Great advice!

7. mystic1974

mystic1974 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I hear that nettle is good for hair that is falling out. A friend of mine is using it and she says that she notices her hair is getting thicker. Rosemary and lavender essential oil is also good. You also might want to check your diet. I don't know what you normally eat, but, the S.A.D (Standard American Diet) can make your body not function normally.

8. Writspirit

Writspirit Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Is to make myself the best human being I can in th
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hair Falling Out

One of my friends talked me into getting my hair braided. I didnt know much about extensions at the time but the friend told me to get human hair. Anyway, there was an African parlor where women braided daily so I went. What I didnt understand was braiding was all they knew. They didnt know about hair care or concerned themselves with different hair textures. Also, I suspect that they took the human hair I brought and exchanged it for synthetic. Whatever the case may be, the end result was that my hair died. It lost all lts luster, came out in chunks and looked like straw.

I went to a beautifician who was an old timer. He knew nothing about current hair styles but he did have a green thumb for hair. He cut my hair first, then deep conditioned it. He told me about restoratives, hair reconstructors. They are excellent.

However, there is another product which at the moment I cannot think of its name. Its kind of expensive but it works. I am presently not at home so I cannot recall the name of the product but I will look at it tonight and let you know. In the large size: the shampoo cost: $30; conditioner $30 and reconstructor approx. $25. I buy the small size. I think for shampoo, conditioner and reconstuctor its approx. $17 each. Still expensive, but it does a great job of repairing your hair, stopping it from falling out, and puts the luster back. Always, always put in your hair a DEEP CONDITONER and a hair reconstructor when needed. If you color hair or put relaxers in it, make sure you DEEP CONDITION. Give your hair a break once in awhile and dont put relaxers in it. Let it grow on its on and thicken.

Another good product is - Salerm. It comes in a vial. I think you can get a box for about $7-10.00. Get the one with oil in it. Get these products from the Beauty Supply store.

I hope that helps. I will get back to you with the name of the product I mentioned earlier.

Also, women need iron so make sure you have enough of that in your system. Get a colonic to clean out. Inexpensively, you can do it herbally. Avoid stress as much as possible. As a kid my mother used to twist paper around my hair to help it grow, it had that kind of stringbean effect. When growing stringbeans the farmer starts it on as string and it rapidly starts to grow around the string. The brown paper my mother twisted my hair around seemed to have the same effect to stimulate it to grow. - old wives remedy I guess, but one that worked for me.

9. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    I LOVE A BALL HEADED SISTERS..... I THINK ITS SEXY...SO IF IT HAPPENS I'LL BE YOUR #1 FAN...

LILPEA

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    stop hurting your hair and it may recover