Pan Africanism : My GOD!!

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by African_Prince, May 16, 2005.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/congo/story/0,12292,1440139,00.html

Armed militia groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo kidnapped hundreds of rival tribe members, tortured, mutilated, raped and decapitated their victims, and even boiled alive and ate two girls in front of their mother.

The humanitarian crisis in north-east Congo's embattled and lawless district of Ituri has replaced Sudan's Darfur region as the worst in the world, UN humanitarian chief Jan Egeland said yesterday, launching the report on abuses allegedly committed by the Forces of Patriotic Resistance in Ituri (FRPI). He said the fighting is killing thousands every month.

Nearly 4 million people have died in Congo since the start of a six-nation war that began in 1998, most succumbing to hunger and disease brought on by the conflict. Though foreign armies left Congo under a peace accord in 2002, fighting has continued between government troops, militias and armed tribal groups.

Women in the region have been brutally victimised, and not only by the militias. An internal UN investigation concluded that peacekeepers had engaged in widespread sexual abuse of women in Congo.

Yesterday's report contained the first detailed charges of cannibalism to emerge since the war, when occasional charges surfaced.

The UN report was accompanied by a separate account from Zainabo Alfani in which she described to UN investigators being forced to watch rebels kill and eat two of her children in June 2003.

The report said, "In one corner, there was already cooked flesh from bodies and two bodies being grilled on a barbecue and, at the same time, they prepared her two little girls, putting them alive in two big pots filled with boiling water and oil." Her youngest child was saved, apparently because at six months old it didn't have much flesh.

The woman herself was gang-raped by the rebels and mutilated. Ms Alfani survived to tell her horror story, but she died in hospital on Sunday, nearly two years after the attack, of Aids contracted during her torture, the UN report said.

She gave her account in February, but the UN waited to publish it until after her death, for fear she would become a target for reprisal.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    I got this from Mambogani. com My heart bleeds for my people in the Congo. I'm in shock. There are worse things on this planet then just death. Why is this not known everywhere? I will always be the one to point out the media should show the good and bad about Africa but this seriously isn't newsworthy?? They should have 'we interrupt this program for a special broadcast' for this!! This could not go on in Britain and get no attention like this!! I was thinking if Lumumba was alive he's be so 'upset' ( for lack of a better term ) by this. I can't believe this. This is unsettling, I don't think you could even read this and go on like nothing happened and be the exact same person, I can't even imagine witnessing it personally.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    If Lumumba was alive, this wouldn't have happened, which is why he isn't alive! There has been a media blackout on the Congo, which is why people can speak with apathy to sister Kwango_Likemba while she was begging for help! Hopefully this will increase the anger and urgency to do something.

3. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    It's a shame that the U.S..just lets this go on unnotest(by design). It avously does not care for Africans.

4. Kwango_Likemba

Kwango_Likemba Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    The World has yet to find out to the extent of HORROR in Central Africa. The genocide in Darfur is not the only Africa’s most urgent priority!

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    this information is not news worthy...(in the jewish medias eyes)
    but let 10 jews get slaughtered....it would be all over the news...with public rallys and ish...
    this is one of the biggest forms of racism that i know about...
    it's almost like the congo doesn't exist...

one love
    khasm

6. 1poetsought

1poetsought Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Poet
    Ratings:
    +606
    The world, is indeed, a ghetto.

7. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Khasm

Which is why we need to get OUR OWN media and forms of communications instead of being reliant on theirs.

If half of the black race was to drop dead tomorrow, all the headlines would be about the latest solar flares.