Black Spirituality Religion : My First Sermon - KISS (Keep It Short and Sweet)

river said:
Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

I want to speak to you this evening on the subject of sowing a full harvest.

Too often today the emphasis is on sowing money in order to be blessed. As if just sowing money will bring us every other kind of blessing. But right here the Word says whatever you sow that is what you will reap. So if all you sow is money thats all you will reap--money

If havaing money is a sign of God's blessing then Bill Gates is the most blessed man in America.

Is anybody hearing me today?

We can't measure the goodness of the living God in our lives by the amount of dead presidents in our pockets

What other blessings do we need in life?

We need love. Well sow love and you will reap love.

We need mercy. Sow mercy and you will reap mercy

We need compassion. Sow it.

We need friendship. Sow it.

We need joy. Sow it.

We need peace. Sow peace and you will reap an abundant harvest with a one hundred fold return on whatsoever a man sows.

Whatever we need in this life God has given us the seeds. All we have to do is sow them.

Can I get a witness

You got some help sister......And let all God's redeemed say Amen. Amen. Amen....

Radical Faith.

Is this suppose to be some sort of mockery to an outstanding message? If is mockery that you sow it will be mockery that you will reap. This is already evident by the verbal jousting that you engaging in brother. Look inward before you project outward brother.
Do you consider what most AfroAmerican ministers do in the pulpit every Sunday morning around this nation "mockery"?

Many if not most of them are are merely "imitating" what has been passed down to them from generation to generation as a form of entertainment to get their messages across.

Ralfa'il said:
Radical Faith.

Do you consider what most AfroAmerican ministers do in the pulpit every Sunday morning around this nation "mockery"?

Many if not most of them are are merely "imitating" what has been passed down to them from generation to generation as a form of entertainment to get their messages across.

No Brother it is not mockery what most ministers do but to be honest sometimes it's salesmanship and entertainment. Preaching is like a spiritual cadence of call and response. If the preacher is filled with the spirit he/she will share the spirit with the congression and the whole sanctuary becomes filled. There will be a spiritual communing that takes place where the spiritual leader calls and the congression responds to the spirit. Preaching starts early in the week. There are many sermons that are passed on and accessible to many preachers. The things how does a preacher know what to preach? Does the preacher say one day "I think I'll preach this sermon today because it sounds good and is entertaining and will be pleasing to the church?" Sometimes. Or is the preacher bold enough to preach the truth no matter how many feelings get hurt or people get up and walk out of the church? The answers lay within spiritual discernment. A spiritually discerning person can tell if the message is pure or not. That's why I could tell that response to the Sister's sermon was not sincere. Through your words I read your heart. If you sincerely enjoyed the message you would have expressed it without going into extra hysterionics and bafoonery. So your attempt at light hearted humor could be taken as an insult brother, especially when someone is trying to share a spiritual message of love. Again look inward brother.

Peace........

Radical Faith said:
No Brother it is not mockery what most ministers do but to be honest sometimes it's salesmanship and entertainment. Preaching is like a spiritual cadence of call and response. If the preacher is filled with the spirit he/she will share the spirit with the congression and the whole sanctuary becomes filled. There will be a spiritual communing that takes place where the spiritual leader calls and the congression responds to the spirit. Preaching starts early in the week. There are many sermons that are passed on and accessible to many preachers. The things how does a preacher know what to preach? Does the preacher say one day "I think I'll preach this sermon today because it sounds good and is entertaining and will be pleasing to the church?" Sometimes. Or is the preacher bold enough to preach the truth no matter how many feelings get hurt or people get up and walk out of the church? The answers lay within spiritual discernment. A spiritually discerning person can tell if the message is pure or not. That's why I could tell that response to the Sister's sermon was not sincere. Through your words I read your heart. If you sincerely enjoyed the message you would have expressed it without going into extra hysterionics and bafoonery. So your attempt at light hearted humor could be taken as an insult brother, especially when someone is trying to share a spiritual message of love. Again look inward brother.

Peace........

Though I don't care for the psychological/emotional conditioning of the whole "call and response" tactic of Church, I do have to agree here, with Radical's sentiment.

No one here would like it if they shared an aspect of their spiritual journey here, and someone mocked it, which is what I perceived as well (LOL @ "bafoonery").

I don't have to like nor agree with your religious beliefs, but I should certainly respect it, especially if I request the same thing from you.

PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back