Black People : My Aha Moment.

Nisa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 25, 2004
MICHIGAN
Hello Brothers and Sisters...This past wknd I experienced my Aha moment...I'm 23 years old..and I thought I would share my experience with the Destee family, whom I love so much, and am truly blessed that I found a place where I can share experiences and feel loved unconditionally

A moment where my life was reexamined and flashed before my eyes..and sent me into a quiet moment..just in deep thought.
I am no longer afraid to take my place as a black woman. I'm no longer afraid to be a representative of GOD in my thoughts,actions,beliefs,words. My mind is a womb, and whatever goes into it is reproduced into my actions..whatever goes into it...attaches itself and grows and is born as words,beliefs etc. What started this aha moment, was when I was with my cousin and a few of her friends...they were smoking weed, using foul language..and popping various parts to songs that are very degrading to women, all while a child was in presence (my cousin's son). I was thinking this is disrespect to GOD, how do we allow love, maturity, growth into a soul that is not cleansed and ready to recieve it, or ready to recieve the messages and blessings of GOD. Howcome we clean the house to welcome special guests, but won't clean our "house" to welcome GOD. It also dawned upon me, that black women are the backbone of our civilization, how we act ..portrays what's going on in our community. Therefore that in itself..we should change how we dress,act, etc. I can take the first step, be an example to others, even if they do not change. I will not be shaking my rump on the dance floor, but I will dance, Im not going to curse and use the N word in referral to my people..it would be like calling GOD a "n", it is so toxic to your being..most dont realize it..I hear it..automatic stomach ache...not going to poison my body with the sickness of alcohol,smoking..foul music, that is degrading to ourselves..that has no message but to act as low as you can... They say drink 8 glasses of water...im deciding to also indulge in 8 of something of knowledge..to wash down,digest and excrete..the second hand ignorance I inhale. In this i found 1/2 of my purpose..to demonstrate my place as a woman, my role, and take it, and not be afraid of what others have to say, and not worry about they think..if anything just to plant the seeds of the knowledge I have acquired in the brains of my people..regardless if they water it then or later..the seed will still be there.

Peace

This is so inspirational..

What you experienced is an Epiphany.

A sudden intuitive realization.

That there is more to life than you have before you and have experienced. Those standing around, not to be judgmental because that would be wrong, and they could come up out of their positions and still be good people to know. Its just that moment, you were touched by divine thought and you realized you have so much to be thankful and praised in your life. It is always great to hear a story such as yours. Someone, something is open and I hope it never closes before you. Much love and blessing Nisa... You deserve the best.

Yes my sister yes

Congradulations you are now on the road to salvation. When the norm and common things of our communities becomes abrasive you know you are on the right path. You spirit has awakened like flower emurging from a seed. It's roots become firmly planted in the soil of God's word. Your spirit grows toward God's light flowering and blossoming from the love of God. Blessed are you among women. Keep letting your light shine sister.

Peace

Radical Faith

Ohhhhhhh Sister Nisa Mae!!!!!

Nisa said:
Hello Brothers and Sisters...This past wknd I experienced my Aha moment...I'm 23 years old..and I thought I would share my experience with the Destee family, whom I love so much, and am truly blessed that I found a place where I can share experiences and feel loved unconditionally

A moment where my life was reexamined and flashed before my eyes..and sent me into a quiet moment..just in deep thought.
I am no longer afraid to take my place as a black woman. I'm no longer afraid to be a representative of GOD in my thoughts,actions,beliefs,words. My mind is a womb, and whatever goes into it is reproduced into my actions..whatever goes into it...attaches itself and grows and is born as words,beliefs etc. What started this aha moment, was when I was with my cousin and a few of her friends...they were smoking weed, using foul language..and popping various parts to songs that are very degrading to women, all while a child was in presence (my cousin's son). I was thinking this is disrespect to GOD, how do we allow love, maturity, growth into a soul that is not cleansed and ready to recieve it, or ready to recieve the messages and blessings of GOD. Howcome we clean the house to welcome special guests, but won't clean our "house" to welcome GOD. It also dawned upon me, that black women are the backbone of our civilization, how we act ..portrays what's going on in our community. Therefore that in itself..we should change how we dress,act, etc. I can take the first step, be an example to others, even if they do not change. I will not be shaking my rump on the dance floor, but I will dance, Im not going to curse and use the N word in referral to my people..it would be like calling GOD a "n", it is so toxic to your being..most dont realize it..I hear it..automatic stomach ache...not going to poison my body with the sickness of alcohol,smoking..foul music, that is degrading to ourselves..that has no message but to act as low as you can... They say drink 8 glasses of water...im deciding to also indulge in 8 of something of knowledge..to wash down,digest and excrete..the second hand ignorance I inhale. In this i found 1/2 of my purpose..to demonstrate my place as a woman, my role, and take it, and not be afraid of what others have to say, and not worry about they think..if anything just to plant the seeds of the knowledge I have acquired in the brains of my people..regardless if they water it then or later..the seed will still be there.

Peace

This was truly a great step you have taken and black women need to realize all that we can offer to our communities... I am proud of you lil Sister...Oh...I'm so happy for you I just can't think of nothin else to say but....
hercules...Hercules....HERCULES!!!!!!

Nita said:
This was truly a great step you have taken and black women need to realize all that we can offer to our communities... I am proud of you lil Sister...Oh...I'm so happy for you I just can't think of nothin else to say but....
hercules...Hercules....HERCULES!!!!!!

Lol Nita Mae..thanks sister,im proud of myself

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back