Black People : My 2013

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
Happy New Year's Eve everyone. As 2013 is coming to an end I have looked back to where I was at the beginning of the year to where I am today. I have learned that I can do anything I set my mind to. To deal with issues I may not have wanted to deal with but had no choice. A year filled with new friendships. A year filled with the loss of some friends who have gone onto a better place. I have learned so many things this year and have opened my eyes to things I had blinders on. I have learned to accept challenges that were thrown my way. To accept things for what they are. To treat people the way they treat me whether nice or not so nice. To enjoy the simple things in life. To laugh more and to try to cry less. To try to help others even when you get smacked in the face by them. To overcome some of my fears and insecurities. To be the best mom I can possibly be to my wonderful sons (if I had children, that's what I would prefer), who I know are not perfect to some but to me they are. To accept the things I cannot change, and be okay with that. To treat eachs day as a gift because I don't know what tomorrow will bring. That it's okay to be me regardless of what people think of me. To know that I have an opinion and I don't have to agree with the same things others do. To express myself whether good or bad. To let go of always having to be in control, which is not an easy thing for me. That its okay if I have a few extra pounds. I have a heart and would do anything for anyone with never expecting anything in return. To let go of the things I cannot change. To accept people for who they are. I know I can stand on my own 2 feet and fight for what I believe in regardless of what others may think. This year has had its ups and downs and I have managed to get through it with the love and support of so many wonderful people who have always been there for me. I love and thank each and every single one of you, I don't need to name names because you all know who you are. I have much to look forward to in 2014. I will accept any and all challenges thrown my way. I will accept the things I cannot change. I will work on being a better person not for others but for myself. I will try to be the best person I can possibly be. Most of all, I will do my best to go back to writing out my feelings (mainly frustration and hurt) rather than verbalizing them because it is obvious that I do not do a good job of doing so, and I never have, no matter how hard I have tried to. Perhaps verbalizing my feelings isn't my cup of tea and never has been. I used to write out my feelings and "my" world was a much better place because of it. Back on topic though... My wish for each of you is that the coming year is filled with Love, Joy, Happiness, Health and tons of new and exciting adventures. I wish you all a prosperous 2014.

awwww ... so beautiful Sister ... sounds like lots of growth ... good for you !!! ... :toast1:

Sister ... i can remember back in my mind when you first came, all shy and posting every great now and again ... almost peeking in ... i remember ... and i'm really surprised to learn from the above, that you are a Mother ... i never knew ... i always have thot of you as that shy little girl that first joined us ... so sweet and innocent ... almost naive, in a good way .... like not yet tainted by the evils of the world ... a pure innocence ... that's what i thot in my mind ... and yes ... you've settled in ... fixed up your room here ... got comfortable ... sharing more ... but i never thot you were a Mother ... wow ... with Sons too !!! ... that's awesome ... they are blessed to have you ... but oh my gosh ... i've always thot of you as a baby ... :look: ... but here you got babies ... you dun grew up on me, right in front of my face ... who knew?! ... :)

Thanks for Sharing ... Thanks for being here ... Thanks for all the years !!! ... :toast1:

Happy New Year to You and Yours! ... :grouphug2:

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

:heart:

Destee

awwww ... so beautiful Sister ... sounds like lots of growth ... good for you !!! ... :toast1:

Sister ... i can remember back in my mind when you first came, all shy and posting every great now and again ... almost peeking in ... i remember ... and i'm really surprised to learn from the above, that you are a Mother ... i never knew ... i always have thot of you as that shy little girl that first joined us ... so sweet and innocent ... almost naive, in a good way .... like not yet tainted by the evils of the world ... a pure innocence ... that's what i thot in my mind ... and yes ... you've settled in ... fixed up your room here ... got comfortable ... sharing more ... but i never thot you were a Mother ... wow ... with Sons too !!! ... that's awesome ... they are blessed to have you ... but oh my gosh ... i've always thot of you as a baby ... :look: ... but here you got babies ... you dun grew up on me, right in front of my face ... who knew?! ... :)

Thanks for Sharing ... Thanks for being here ... Thanks for all the years !!! ... :toast1:

Destee
oh God no, I have no kids, but if I did, I would want to have a son and would be the best to them I can be. Thanks for the kind words though.

oh God no, I have no kids, but if I did, I would want to have a son and would be the best to them I can be. Thanks for the kind words though.

To be the best mom I can possibly be to my wonderful sons, who I know are not perfect to some but to me they are.

wait a minute ... were you talk'n about them bunny rabbits ??? ... :lol:

oh gosh ... Gurl ... wait ... i'm gett'n old ... :chair: ... go slow and say it again ... :lol:

You're a Sweet Heart !!! :kiss:

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Destee
oh and i am still called naive to this day. No matter what I do, I am still known as the naive one lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back