Mwalimu Baruti Every 2nd Tuesday @ 9 pm ET

Discussion in 'Online Classes - Be a Teacher!' started by Destee, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Family,

Brother Mwalimu Baruti has graciously and generously offered to host a class here on destee.com every 2nd Tuesday of the month @ 9 pm ET. This is such a wonderful gesture, and more evidence that the Creator and our Ancestors are pleased with our effort.

Please Family, i encourage you all to support Brother Baruti, his African Centered School, and ability to continue sharing so freely with all of our people, by purchasing his books. He shared with us during his last visit, that the proceeds from the books go directly to support and sustain the school, which has been in operation for a number of years.

Again ... every 2nd Tuesday of the month @ 9 pm ET.

Making Tuesday, August 8th @ 9 pm ET ... the next class date ... :teach:

Brother Baruti's web site : http://www.akobenhouse.com/ ... where his books can be purchased.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    This is indeed a truly generous and highly appreciated gesture! :D

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Brother Mwalimu Baruti will be with us tomorrow night. I do hope you will be able to attend this gathering, and be privy to the wisdom and knowledge our Brother will be sharing. His last visit was simply spectacular! If you've not had a chance to browse the thread announcing his initial visit with us, please do, as it contains more information and links about him.

Brother Mwalimu will spend 2 hours with us, from 9 - 11 pm ET.

This month's (August) class topic will be: The Sex Imperative

Hmmmm ... The Sex Imperative ... sounds interesting.

I encourage everyone to remain on topic, and not hold "side" conversations in the room, during this time.

Again ... hope to see you tomorrow night in our own voice video chat.

Much Love and Peace.

Deste

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Right On...

Good to see yet another scholar in the house, on the regular. Peace to all who exert the effort to keep our minds on FULL.

:love:

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister Spicy ... Family ... any ideas come to mind, when you hear the topic for class tomorrow ... The Sex Imperative ... ??

I'm wondering what it's going to cover ??

Destee

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Family ... no comments, speculation, etc., regarding the topic for tomorrow ... The Sex Imperative ... ?

C'mon ... aint summa yall psychic ... ??

Destee

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Tonight is the night !!! :jumping:

Please join us @ 9 pm ET ... www.destee.com/chat.

Sister QueenTswana and i will be recording, but technical difficulties often present themselves, sometimes hindering the recording process. Therefore, if you are able to record along with us tonight, please do, as this will insure our chances of having a good recording after the session.

Thanks in advance, and i look forward to enjoying your company tonight in class.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Since Amos Wilson is departed and was the one who spoke on the (white incubus) in us, which very few of us recognize or are ACTUALLY AWARE OF...it would be nice for him to speak on that and the method of destroying it so that we can return to our AFRICANESS. I'll be working so obviously I can't do it, but I'm sure he can and would if he is asked.

Also, we need to adopt the term ANTI-KHEMETIC to combat the ANTI-SEMETIC, which is nothing but white supremacy in disguise. Also, he needs to speak on the mastery of the media as a weapon of white supremacy that aids in our programming and participation in white supremacy and our own destruction as a person and family.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Keita ... it is my hope that Brother Mwalimu will read this thread, and your post. Hopefully he can cover the topics you've suggested in a future visit.

Tonight's topic is ... The Sex Imperative.

Brother Keita ... care to guess what tonight's discussion will cover? I'm just not sure what falls under "The Sex Imperative."

I'm sorry to read you won't be able to join us tonight. Hopefully we'll get a quality recording and you can hear it later.

Keep the suggestions coming. Love You!

Destee

10. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Blessedness

Chineke!

I just checked out his website. Ancestors bless us all, I am so proud my people. I'm gonna buy all his books. People NEED to read "EXCUSES, EXCUSES: The Politics of Interracial Coupling in European Culture", I've been saying this for years.

It's things like these that re-ignite my hope that one day we will be emancipated. Truly, we are blessed.

I wonder if Brother Baruti has read "Crisis in Black Sexual Politics" by Hare? It is a bit outdated, but stands as a must-read for those who are of critical thought. I hope he picks up where they left of.

Will try to be at the chat tonight. If I don't show, please let Brother Baruti know he has a new fan, and that I am looking forward to reading his books. Much love.

Freedom, soon come!

ps.: Oh, and someone PLEASE ask Baruti if he is familiar with the idea of Caucasians wearing red because it comes from their primitive culture and their obsession with blood, war and murder (Afrika, Nutricide). Red lipstick, red underwear, red nails. I mean...I don't know what to think. I like red underwear/clothing on myself and on a sister (not long nails though). Are we exceptions to the rule simply because we are of colour, or does it mean that our minds are also infected and that we should shun red clothing? Again, much love. I will mos def be here to cop the recording if I can't make it tonight. And someone: Congratulate a brother on his first post? :)

~Ikoro