Black Sports : MVP MY .....

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Therious, May 1, 2006.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    STEVE NASH TWO TIME MVP, GOT DUNKED ON WITH KOBES UN-BORN KIDS IN HIS GRILL THE NIGHT HE WON THE LEAGUE MVP., THEN GOT THE BALL STRIPPED , AND TIED UP FOR A JUMP BALL WHICH LEAD TO PHEONIX LOSING GAME 4 AND MOST LIKELY THE SERIES.

KOBE IMO WAS CLEARLY THE MVP THIS YEAR, 81 POINTS IN ONE GAME AND GETTING THAT LAKER TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH REASON. THIS VOTING MVP HAS BECOME POLITICAL, THESE SPORTS WRITERS VOTE OFF OF HATE, WE ALL KNOW KOBE DIDNT GET IT BECAUSE OOF THE COLORADO SITUATION. IF NOT KOBE IT SHOULD OF BEEN CHAUNCE BILLUPS, NASH CHOKES IN THE PLAY OFFS EVERY YEAR!

YET ANOTHER REASON MVP SHOULD BE VOTED ON AFTER THE SEASON.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    U know the lakers and the clippers play in the same arena.
    it will be a series where every game is "home".
    will they take turns using the "visitors" locker room?
    has this ever happened before?

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    LMAO

Kobe is making a whole lot of sportswriters look stupid these playoffs.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I agree Kobe should have been named MVP he carried this team
    into the playoffs and his outstanding game play earn him the MVP
    i can't see how it was passed up but the League is funny like that !

But Nash can bring triple doubles game at any point and i even felt
    L.James could have won it !

5. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    lol, maybe they could paint one end clippers, and one end lakers like the super bowl. when i was in grade school in cali the clippers were always a joke. a long the line of k mart clothes vs polo.lol. they btruly are a good. elton brand is a man, cassel what more can i say...their entire starting five is above average.

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    nash can ball no question. the only other players to win mvp back 2 back?

M.Jordan
    W. Chaberlin
    M. Johnson

and steve nash? come on now nash is good but he does not belong on this list!

7. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    I'd say Gilbert Arenas has been more essential to his team than Nash. I can't stand Kobe or the Lakers, but you sort of have to give props where they're due (even though he still thinks he's far better than he actually is). I mean it's not a humanitarian award.

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I agree Therious he's not at that level

Arenas have made major moves for his team to be better and all
    i have to give him that, but when it comes to matching up with players
    like Nash , James , Kobe even Marion , or Iverson , Shaq he will be over looked.

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    No, this has never happened before. It's definitely a first and I signed in today to specifically post in this thread. Early on I dismissed Kobe as the TOP MVP candidate but at the same time also thought that Shawn Marion was a better choice than Steve Nash who I believe is highly overrated. So let me be consistent since I am 0 for 2 (lol!) and stand by my earlier statement of GO CLIPPERS! lol!

If anyone read my earlier posts my criticism of Kobe must have been shared by Phil Jackson himself and all the naysayers who criticized Kobe for changing his game up and not shooting more in the game they lost, well...the thing that is surprising to me has been the effectiveness of the Lakers TEAM DEFENSE, especially LAMAR ODOM in shutting down Shawn Marion and now the Suns are dealing with a Laker team that has not only improved their TEAM DEFENSE but their PERIMETER SHOOTING and as a team they are rotating the ball better when the Suns try to double team Kobe...the open men such as Devean George are finally hitting the open looks.

On the other hand, I'm gonna stick with the Clippers instead of riding the new Laker bandwagon. As i stated before, the improved health and performance of Shaun Livingstone at the point and Corey Maggette's return will spell trouble for the Lakers. At the point, Smoosh will have more than he can handle with Sam Cassell and the taller Livingston. Lamar Odom and Elton Brand matchup should be about even...But Lamar might have the mental edge being a former Clipper...payback time...now Kobe will get his points but Cutino Mobley will be getting his open looks as well....

Looking at how the Clippers shut down Carmelo and crew, to the point that Kenyon Martin totally lost whatever sense he had, which might signal the end of his career, the other thing is I never expected the Clippers to ROUTE the Nuggets in the manner they did...

I agree that the MVP recipient should not even be a matter of discussion until after the finals and discussion permitting, no way should a decision be made before the end of the championship series. Just think, if the Lakers actually make it to the finals and win the Championship, the league's leading scorer will have a championship ring and probaly the series MVP while the league MVP got knocked out in the first round.

Just more fuel to the argument that the entire format needs to be changed...and for once, the Clippers tanking a few end of season games was a good move because it saved them from playing the Mavericks who killed Memphis...and that next Dallas series will be interesting as well...

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Let me go back to something I sai earlier, which reinforces my argument supporting LeBron James...

Jordan
    Magic
    Lebron

more triple doubles than Kobe AND Steve Nash not only in the regular season but in playoff series as well..

And how can Nash even be mentioned in the same breath as WILT?

lol!!!