Black People : Must see and hear this elder!!! - London Insurrection

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SPEAKFREEDOMnet, Aug 9, 2011.

1. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

SPEAKFREEDOMnet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +147

My apologies if some one has posted this else where.
    Uhuru sasa!

NOTE: Ok, this is the second time, in my last three post, someone has change the title of a thread that I've started. I can only assume it is someone from the Destee staff? And i'm sure they have reason for doing so.

If I could please ask one favor? I do not agree with calling our brothers and sister rioters, nor would I refer to there movement as a riot. If someone could please change that word it would be greatly appreciated.

2. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

Ratings:
    +147
    Bumped for moderator.

NOTE: Ok, this is the second time, in my last three post, someone has change the title of a thread that I've started. I can only assume it is someone from the Destee staff? And i'm sure they have reason for doing so.

If I could please ask one favor? I do not agree with calling our brothers and sister rioters, nor would I refer to there movement as a riot. If someone could please change that word it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,688
    Yes, i changed the title - Descriptive Titles are Required in Discussion Forums.

When you don't do it, you leave it up to us, and we have no idea what words you like or don't like.

The headlines of the video has the word "riot" in it three different times, and you promoted it.

It only bothers you in the title of the thread, but not in the headlines of the video you're propagating?

Okay. Kewl. I'll do it for you this time, let me know what word you like.

Please keep in mind, if you don't want us editing your titles, make them descriptive to begin with.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

4. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    :lol: You wouldn't call that "rioting"?? What do you call it? "Peace-making"?

They skipped over the protesting, scooted under rioting, and went straight to buckwild

go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

5. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

Ratings:
    +147
    Sister Destee,

The headlines are those of the corporate media. I cannot control how they choose to portray us, nor could I edit out the word from the video before posting it. I did attempt to change the title myself but i could not figure out how to do it. My appologies for not making the title more descriptive initially. And please know that my request to have it changed was not intented with sarcasm.

As for the video itself, I just thought the fam would appreciate the bigger picture here, that is our Elder, who gracefully side stepped the women's traps, and beautifully articulated the deeper issues of the Insurrection ( as the Elder himself called it) taking place in London.

By the way, it is of no suprise that their media would try to reduce this down to little more than a senseless "riot", they never stop attempting to undermine our just struggle for humanity. This time it just back fired on their butts and I'm glad the Elder stood fearless and spoke truth with power. Keep in mind this was on a major network, It's not very often that our youth get to see an Elder stand up for them. In addittion it is a rare thing these days to have someone on a major network who looks like us, to actually speak for the masses. Of course this explains why she kept interrupting him.

N Peace

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,688
    Brother SPEAKFREEDOMnet ... thank you for the kind response.

I've edited the title, and am sure the Family appreciates what you share here, as much as i do.

If you have more questions, or need something else, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

7. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

Ratings:
    +147
    Blessings 2 U and your efforts my sista!

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    they want to see how far they can push the people.

9. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I'm still not sure why it is going on. I mean I have seen different reports of why they are rioting, but nothing gets into detail. It's all about the riots, but not why.

10. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

Ratings:
    +147
    UhuruNews
    Published Aug 8, 2011

LONDON — On Saturday, 6th August 2011, rebellion filled the streets of Tottenham following the police murder of 29 year old Mark Duggan, father of four. It must be confirmed that it is the police who violently started the ordeal by the gunning down of Mr Duggan on Thursday 4th August 2011 in broad daylight.
    The Police followed this murder with their contemptuous reaction to the demonstrators outside Tottenham police station, where they beat up a 16-year-old African girl with their batons. Things further escalated when senior police officers refused to talk to the peaceful protesters who were seeking "answers." to their questions to Mr Duggan's death.
    The press and the police told lies about Mr. Duggan to justify his murder. They claimed that he was a drug dealer, and that he shot at the cops. However, now reports surfaced in the Guardian newspaper show the bullet that was lodged in a police radio during the shooting that they have attributed to Mr. Duggan, was in fact a police bullet! ...

full report: uhurunews com