Africa : Must Read: On the Complicated Relationship Between Africans and African-Americans

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
Must Read: On the Complicated Relationship Between Africans and African-Americans

upload_2016-12-27_20-20-16.png

Ever since I wrote about
Amy ‘Tiger Mom’ Chua’s new book The Triple Package, I’ve been feeling some type of way about the comments. While I expected readers to either agree or disagree with Chua’s premise that some cultures are just better and more successful than others, I didn’t anticipate the conversation would descend into a painful debate about Africans vs. African-Americans.

I am unabashedly pro-Black, and my pro-Blackness extends to the entire Diaspora. So when I see my people—from both sides of the Atlantic—hurling stereotypes, slurs, and jabs at each other like we ain’t even skinfolk, it makes me sad. And depressed. And downright disheartened.

Read more

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014...ated-relationship-africans-african-americans/

After years in communication with my brother Africans I've come to believe that this so called hate of each other is a bold face unconscionable lie perpetrated by people who exist just to foster their hateful mindset. Does anybody have any names of the people with credible influence over our peoples mindset committing this conspiracy of lies about Black Africans & Black Americans hating each other to the extent that books have to be written about it? Any of their young ones accepted into America's institutions of higher learning in my area are very welcome into my home & have been invited to stay as if they were my own sons & daughters & I never have nor ever will accept one dime for my good will from their parents or sponsors many of which are wealthy beyond all measure because in my eyes they are family. Blacks the world.

[QUOTE="Liberty, post: 975593, member: 56013" Must Read: On the Complicated Relationship Between Africans and African-Americans

View attachment 8009

Ever since I wrote about
Amy ‘Tiger Mom’ Chua’s new book The Triple Package, I’ve been feeling some type of way about the comments. While I expected readers to either agree or disagree with Chua’s premise that some cultures are just better and more successful than others, I didn’t anticipate the conversation would descend into a painful debate about Africans vs. African-Americans.

I am unabashedly pro-Black, and my pro-Blackness extends to the entire Diaspora. So when I see my people—from both sides of the Atlantic—hurling stereotypes, slurs, and jabs at each other like we ain’t even skinfolk, it makes me sad. And depressed. And downright disheartened.

Read more

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014...ated-relationship-africans-african-americans/ /QUOTE]

But don’t people fight, bitterly disagree as standard, with sibling disputes often being even more bitter than with strangers as spectacularly highlighted by the 105 million mostly white fatalities of the industrialised carnage that was White on White World Wars I & II and various other 20th century conflicts, thus how could/why should the constantly harassed and warred on for over 5000 years now African collective be immune to that particular malaise?

Additionally isn’t there one very important factor that you/we have not taken into account?

Aren’t Africans in Africa and the Diaspora still in severe trauma after our catastrophic defeat over the last 500 years. Africans in the Diaspora (whether Jamaican, Brazilian, USA’s citizens etc) regardless of what their current nationalities are at least know (even though many of us repress it) that we are not really at home, because our original home is Africa.

Africans in Africa have had to cope with the totally emasculating trauma of being dominated by our Enemies in their own land as explained by Cheinweizu in his book "The West and the rest of us", and Walter Rodney in "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa". I compared it someone walking into your ten bedroom house, and telling you to live in the smallest room; an African friend of mine corrected me, he [was born in Ghana} said “They didn’t make us live in the smallest room; they said the toilet is where we belonged and made us stay there.”

Military combatants are always debriefed after combat operations or wars, aren’t they, as without debriefing wouldn’t it be virtually impossible for the combatants to regain their psychic balance after a prolonged traumatic experience. Aren’t they also supposed to subsequently receive whatever psychotherapy is required to make them whole?

Contrast that fact with the non-existent psychotherapy we (in Africa and the Diaspora which includes the UK and USA) have received (in conjunction with the fact that they have never acknowledged the wrong, or said sorry) after surviving the sadistic maliciously EVIL brutality of the ongoing African HOLAUCAST perpetrated by White Supremacist Racist whites against [our ancestors and their siblings who were tortured, mutilated and murdered for either refusing to BOW/be BROKEN, or as the means of traumatizing the rest of us into total subservience] over the last 500 years.

Now can you all relate to why our communities in the USA, UK, the rest of the Diaspora and even in Africa itself display such a wide array of socio-economic dysfunction which are further exacerbated in Africa by our numerous ethnic groups [Nigeria is comprised of over 250 different ethnic groups, the UK only has four]?

Though there is nothing to be gained by filling our knowledge base with the so very traumatising defeat of the last 500 years, however aren’t we literally in denial, while grabbing every quick fix, with SEX obviously being one of the most gratifying and addictive; while what is even marginally rational about our so consistently inept or totally treacherous leadership totally ignoring still do-able viable templates like GAP community of Tulsa circa 1920, and Thomas Sakarna’s achievements in Burkina Faso in just four years?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
Flattop.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back