Africa : Must Read: On the Complicated Relationship Between Africans and African-Americans

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Must Read: On the Complicated Relationship Between Africans and African-Americans

upload_2016-12-27_20-20-16.png

Ever since I wrote about
Amy ‘Tiger Mom’ Chua’s new book The Triple Package, I’ve been feeling some type of way about the comments. While I expected readers to either agree or disagree with Chua’s premise that some cultures are just better and more successful than others, I didn’t anticipate the conversation would descend into a painful debate about Africans vs. African-Americans.

I am unabashedly pro-Black, and my pro-Blackness extends to the entire Diaspora. So when I see my people—from both sides of the Atlantic—hurling stereotypes, slurs, and jabs at each other like we ain’t even skinfolk, it makes me sad. And depressed. And downright disheartened.

Read more

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014...ated-relationship-africans-african-americans/

Continuous Broadcast

Banned
Dec 19, 2016
After years in communication with my brother Africans I've come to believe that this so called hate of each other is a bold face unconscionable lie perpetrated by people who exist just to foster their hateful mindset. Does anybody have any names of the people with credible influence over our peoples mindset committing this conspiracy of lies about Black Africans & Black Americans hating each other to the extent that books have to be written about it? Any of their young ones accepted into America's institutions of higher learning in my area are very welcome into my home & have been invited to stay as if they were my own sons & daughters & I never have nor ever will accept one dime for my good will from their parents or sponsors many of which are wealthy beyond all measure because in my eyes they are family. Blacks the world.

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
[QUOTE="Liberty, post: 975593, member: 56013" Must Read: On the Complicated Relationship Between Africans and African-Americans

View attachment 8009

Ever since I wrote about
Amy ‘Tiger Mom’ Chua’s new book The Triple Package, I’ve been feeling some type of way about the comments. While I expected readers to either agree or disagree with Chua’s premise that some cultures are just better and more successful than others, I didn’t anticipate the conversation would descend into a painful debate about Africans vs. African-Americans.

I am unabashedly pro-Black, and my pro-Blackness extends to the entire Diaspora. So when I see my people—from both sides of the Atlantic—hurling stereotypes, slurs, and jabs at each other like we ain’t even skinfolk, it makes me sad. And depressed. And downright disheartened.

Read more

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014...ated-relationship-africans-african-americans/ /QUOTE]

But don’t people fight, bitterly disagree as standard, with sibling disputes often being even more bitter than with strangers as spectacularly highlighted by the 105 million mostly white fatalities of the industrialised carnage that was White on White World Wars I & II and various other 20th century conflicts, thus how could/why should the constantly harassed and warred on for over 5000 years now African collective be immune to that particular malaise?

Additionally isn’t there one very important factor that you/we have not taken into account?

Aren’t Africans in Africa and the Diaspora still in severe trauma after our catastrophic defeat over the last 500 years. Africans in the Diaspora (whether Jamaican, Brazilian, USA’s citizens etc) regardless of what their current nationalities are at least know (even though many of us repress it) that we are not really at home, because our original home is Africa.

Africans in Africa have had to cope with the totally emasculating trauma of being dominated by our Enemies in their own land as explained by Cheinweizu in his book "The West and the rest of us", and Walter Rodney in "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa". I compared it someone walking into your ten bedroom house, and telling you to live in the smallest room; an African friend of mine corrected me, he [was born in Ghana} said “They didn’t make us live in the smallest room; they said the toilet is where we belonged and made us stay there.”

Military combatants are always debriefed after combat operations or wars, aren’t they, as without debriefing wouldn’t it be virtually impossible for the combatants to regain their psychic balance after a prolonged traumatic experience. Aren’t they also supposed to subsequently receive whatever psychotherapy is required to make them whole?

Contrast that fact with the non-existent psychotherapy we (in Africa and the Diaspora which includes the UK and USA) have received (in conjunction with the fact that they have never acknowledged the wrong, or said sorry) after surviving the sadistic maliciously EVIL brutality of the ongoing African HOLAUCAST perpetrated by White Supremacist Racist whites against [our ancestors and their siblings who were tortured, mutilated and murdered for either refusing to BOW/be BROKEN, or as the means of traumatizing the rest of us into total subservience] over the last 500 years.

Now can you all relate to why our communities in the USA, UK, the rest of the Diaspora and even in Africa itself display such a wide array of socio-economic dysfunction which are further exacerbated in Africa by our numerous ethnic groups [Nigeria is comprised of over 250 different ethnic groups, the UK only has four]?

Though there is nothing to be gained by filling our knowledge base with the so very traumatising defeat of the last 500 years, however aren’t we literally in denial, while grabbing every quick fix, with SEX obviously being one of the most gratifying and addictive; while what is even marginally rational about our so consistently inept or totally treacherous leadership totally ignoring still do-able viable templates like GAP community of Tulsa circa 1920, and Thomas Sakarna’s achievements in Burkina Faso in just four years?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
Flattop.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OldSoul Black People : The Infection That’s Silently Killing Coronavirus Patients - Must Read Black People Open Forum 3
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : 100 MUST READ BLACK BOOKS Black Entertainment 93
THE-GOD Black People : The Secret History of the American Empire: Must read Black People Open Forum 4
ru2religious Black Relationships : A must read article Black Relationships 9
Heartbeat African American History Culture : A Must Read Book African American History Culture 3
MsInterpret Black Authors : MUST READ: Wild Seed Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
H Black People : Genocide Thru Planned Parenthood(A Must Read) Black People Open Forum 14
nevar Black People : Signs of sexual abuse a must read........part one Black People Open Forum 14
tyab14 Black People : Occultism of Melanin, A Must Read! Black People Open Forum 1
I Black Authors : A couple of MUST READ books! Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
G Destee Network : PULLING NO PUNCHES, by Keita Otiba Kenyatta-A MUST READ Destee Network : 1
S Black Spirituality Religion : Islam and the Christianity of America MUST READ!!! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 13
V Black People : black katrina survivors tells their stories(must read) Black People Open Forum 0
D Black People : A MUST READ! (Important) Black People Open Forum 6
D Black Authors : A must read for men and women! Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
Therious Black People : a must read for potential voters Black People Open Forum 4
H Black People : A must read... Black People Open Forum 17
T Black People : Congressional Inquiry To Impeach (must read) Black People Open Forum 4
A Destee Network : Must Read - AP's Personal Growth & Enlightenment Destee Network : 0
M Black Poetry : a tribute to poets... all must read! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
dnommo Black Poetry : you need to ask yourself...if (haiku) (must read) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
C Black People : Black Afrikans Must Learn Again Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People Politics : How Many Generations are We in America ( at least 4 or 5 ) - The 14th Amendment is less than 152 years Old.. So the Struggle Must Continue Black People Politics 1
C Black People : Here Is What Er Must Do Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : time has arrived for him to rhyme and jive, nickel and dime don't matter must climb the corporate ladder "SO BOO it don't matter we love each other gi Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : It's hard for logic to prevail over emotions female has an ocean of wetness in potion In her panties step no harm must accept The norm need help on a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
C Black People : Black Afrikans Stuck In The Quagmire Of Belief And We Self-Serious Black Afrikans Must Free Ourselves!!! Black People Open Forum 0
Ndugu Black People : If Africans desire us to Return, by the Millions they must Battle Corruption the way we battled White Supremacy so they could come here Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Fun today flirt And one may work With love talk alert try get under her skirt Must slow down with the twerk Stuff expressed by her complex breast Sh Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Clyde C Coger Jr The Police : AG Barr said there must be 'zero tolerance for resisting police' and went after 'social-justice reformers' in a heated speech to the US's largest law- Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
dattaswami1 Black Christians : A true devotee must always express that the will of God should always happen either in his case or in the case of the others Christian Study Group 0
R Black Poetry : Shook over the love sport and now must write a book report pages glued together on stages nude of wh Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : Like a large town Have great size And take wise Steps must recognize Love and crust protect pies now Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : Try be cool in high school desire to write but that require an appetite knew at sixteen must hav Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Try be cool in high school desire to write but that require an appetite knew at sixteen must have st Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Intensive aggression could lead to expensive questions about behavior and attitude must make major Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Jury: Jehovah's Witnesses must pay $35M to abuse survivor Christian Study Group 0
K Africa : the black man, must he make a decision to restore the peace of Africa All Things Africa 2
DigitallyBlack Science and Technology : Jim Crow keeps evolving and so must we Science and Technology 0
R Black Poetry : Alerting with bling rapping wanting a certain thing to happen like a date in VIRGINIA BEACH, must co Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
dunwiddat Black People : We must connect Black People Open Forum 3
OldSoul Black People : Colin Kaepernick - 7 mins in his own words you must hear! Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : HE SAID in order to receive fame one must achieve his or her aim // a breach of regulation caused Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
IFE Black People : #MeToo Shows That Women Must Learn Sexual Self-defence Black People Open Forum 8
R Black Poetry : my vicinity is romance must check the enemy advance to have // Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : MEN MUST EJACULATE 21 TIMES A MONTH TO PREVENT CANCER Black Health and Wellness 4
Destee Black Entertainment : If you must reference a movie to share your story, make your point ... Black Entertainment 5
Liberty Black Positive People : Judge Rules NYPD Must Disclose Surveillance of Black Lives Matter Protesters Under Freedom of Inform Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Here Is Why You Must Vote In Your State & Local Elections Black People Politics 1
Djedefre Black People Politics : African Americans must make reprarations for racial terrorism a sticking political sticking point Black People Politics 1