Black Spirituality Religion : Muslim-Christian Dialogue

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by ABDULLAH, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ABDULLAH

ABDULLAH Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
  2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    MUHAMMAD

God instructs us in his Word to test the prophets and we find in scripture not only clear criteria for this testing but also reports of many true and many false prophets so that we have examples that help us in this evaluation.

To test whether a prophet is from God or a false prophet we have to look at both, his message and his life. Muslim theology itself acknowledges the importance of the lives of the prophets as an essential part of the criteria to evaluate the legitimacy of a prophetic claim so much so that it has created the doctrine of the sinlessness of the prophets which goes much further than the Biblical criteria.

For Christians the most important issue is whether Muhammad is a legitimate true prophet in the tradition of the Biblical revelation. In particular, the issue whether he is announced in the scriptures:

Are there Biblical Prophecies about Muhammad?
    Testing Muhammad's Prophecy
    Muhammad the prophet versus the prophets
    Are there Prophecies of Muhammad in the Bible?
    Is Muhammad a true Prophet of God?
    Muhammad's Prophethood
    A Quranic Criterion for a True Prophet
    Divinely Inspired Ignorance?
    Muhammad, Satan, and Muhammad’s Prophetic Call
    Reexamining Satan's Influence and Control over Muhammad
    Muhammad's False Prophecies (in Qur'an and Hadith)
    Jesus or Muhammad: Who is God's True Seal of Prophethood?
    Silas presents thorough investigations on various issues touching on Muhammad's Prophethood
    Muhammad's Inconsistency (in making laws binding upon the Muslim community but granting exceptions to himself)
    The Deification of Muhammad

http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/index.html

3. ABDULLAH

ABDULLAH Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
  4. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Isaiah 7
    [14] Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 9
    [6] For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Matthew 3
    [17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 28:
    [18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    [19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
    John.1

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    [2] The same was in the beginning with God.
    [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    [6] There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
    [7] The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
    [8] He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    [9] That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
    [11] He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
    [12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
    [13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
    [14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    [15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
    [16] And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
    [17] For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John 8:
    [58] Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 10:
    [24] Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
    [25] Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
    [26] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
    [27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
    [30] I and my Father are one.

John 14
    [6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14
    [11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
    [12] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
    [13] And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
    [14] If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

John 14
    [26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15
    [26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John.17
    [1] These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
    [2] As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
    [3] And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
    [4] I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
    [5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

5. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    You must have an intelligent and rational person to hold an inteligentt and sensible discussion with. That will not be easy to find in this forum. Not only are there few Muslims here. There are virtually no Christians. Beware of those who claim to be. At best, they appear to members of small and obscure little side groups to Christainity. Nobody takes them seriously. That puts int kindly.

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Just a "PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT"

7. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    Noise

When it comes to any kind of civilized excahnge of ideas and thought, especially in terms of Muslim Christian dialogue, we must avoid allowing ourselves to dround out by all kinds of stupid noise. One of the main purposes of cults and false religion is to instigate un-necessary conflict between the major religions who disgree on some major points but are Inspired by GOD nontheless. The false religions and cults are not inspired by GOD in any way shape or form. Although they my use GOD as cover for their dirty work, they are actually inspired by satan. And, it is satan's purpose to see conflict among the major religions.

For example, there are little cults who call themselves Christians. But, in actual fact, they are not Christians. They simple use the name "Christian" as a cover to confuse people. Their job is actually satan's work. They want to see conflict among the major religions. So, they will attack Islam from the cover of Christianity. This makes it appear as if Christians are attacking Islam and attacking Muslims when in fact it is satan who is behind the whole mess. This is why it is so critically important that honest people always be aware that cults are here. And, all cults are inspired by satan.