Black People : Muslim Cartoon Frenzy

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Hello Family,

I don't know a lot about this, but it seems that some cartoon / satirical images of The Prophet Muhammed were published. Here is a link to a news story, and copies of the images that are at the center of the fuss.

I'm not really understanding why Muslims believe the whole world should honor their beliefs.

Now that this story has been out awhile, i've learned that no images of the Prophet should ever be created. At least that's what i'm told. That the Qu'ran prohibits such. My concern is, if one has never read the Qu'ran, how would we know this, and how would we be expected to honor that which we do not know (or necessarily believe in)?

This seems like some major gangstering. How does one justify killing over this?

Aren't there satirical images of Jesus, and probably every other "Holy Man?"

Why would the Prophet Muhammed be exempt from this?

No disrespect intended, just wanting to understand better. Please help me if you can.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i would give my opinion but i'm afraid some one might burn down my house and kill me........... :grin:

3. brother Malik

brother Malik Well-Known Member MEMBER

Data Analyst (software)
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm not a muslim, but my gut feeling is, that if muslims ask that their prophets not be represented in images, we should just respect that because of how important religion is to believers. This respect should be given to Christians, Buddists, etc.

I guess if you published the images, not knowing about the prohibition, once you find out that it is banned, you should remove the images and apologize, admitting your ignorance of the rule.

There is no justification for the killing. But I would be willing to adhere to their rules if I knew about them, and apologize if I unknowingly violated them. I don't feel that it is gangstering. Many religions have sacred tenants.

Yes, I'm sure that there is always someone willing to disrespect a holy image. But I wouldn't do it just because somebody else did (i know you wouldn't either). I wouldn't say that the Prophet is exempt, but it just seems that we should all just roll with the flow when determining what is acceptable to a particular religious group. If they don't like it , leave it alone.

How are you doing Destee? I haven't spoken to you lately.

Malik

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Brother Malik ... i love your Spirit ... :love: ... thanks for sharing it here! :kiss:

Who can argue with this? Not me.

Brother Malik ... what are some of the other sacred tenants, respected and/or known by many worldwide?

You're right Brother, i would not knowingly disrespect someone else. Unfortunately i've learned first hand, that what you or i would do, is not what someone else, or even most, would (or should) do. They too have rights (choices), and to deny them that, well ... that don't seem right either.

I am doing wonderful now Brother, thank you! :) It is good speaking with you again! So refreshing, rejuvenating, and encouraging! How are you? I miss you in voice video chat.

Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. says, if you follow the logic, white supremacy is the number one greatest religion.

Much Love and Peace!

:heart:

Destee

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Destee to answer your question in short of the three religions that have sprang from the seed of Abraham Muslims of the Middle East and Jews of Israel live under a theocratic form of government where the Law of the God they worship is the governing law of the land..Here in America we have separated Church from government. What this means is that religion is what we freely practice. In the Middle East Muslims live by Islamic law. In America what a religion would consider to be blasphemous is a sin but in the Middle East blasphemy is illegal and is punishable. This is why the mockery of sacred things to Muslims is infuriating and intolerable. Make no mistake the people that are mocking Al Islam and it's important figures know fully what they are doing thus giving them wit and timing of their jokes. They don't believe in Al Islam, they don't care about Muslims nor are they sorry about what they said. Like Dr Neely basically alluded to " Those in charge can afford to be insensitive because they feel no one can stop them."

Peace......

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    there must have been something wrong with that seed to produce such things.
    these religions are fascist, violent and savage.
    they practice ultimate mind control.

when they acquire a nuclear device there will be a war that will poison the earth for generations.
    they will destroy this planet. their legacy will be blood, filth and poison.

7. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Although I wouldn't have stated like this, but, in general, I do agree. I don't agree with most religions when the people who practice them think of harming someone first...with no consideration for life.

I'm with you on this Destee. How can you go from cartoons to murder? There are a lot of steps in between and we're missing them.

I spoke with a friend about this same topic and she argues the point that brother Malik expresses so eloquently. But, the religion itself doesn't control how we...as a people...respond to such actions. I'm pretty sure that there are many ways to deal with this situation WITHOUT killing.

Society should learn and grow...become wiser by learning from it's experiences as time goes on. For us to kill someone today for a simple violation based on a bible or book that was written hundreds of years ago is not intelligent or wise. In fact, it's outright foolish if you ask me.

Is the preservation of life unimportant? Is intent considered at all in these matters? It doesn't seem like it is to me.

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I would like to clarify, that NO WHERE within the QUR'AN, is the statement made, that an image of the Prophet should not be made.

This is from the HADITH, a guide of sorts written by men, regarding their thoughts about their beliefs, as allegedly spoken to them by the Prophet himself.

These are NOT (necessarily) the words of the Prophet himself.

While the notion that images of the Prophet should not be created, for the purpose of worshipping that image as many other followers of other religions do, there is still a level of worship of the Prophet that takes place in spite of not having a picture.

Minor issues like this, reflect the over-zealous nature of the Islamic world, which leads to the distrust that people who are non-Muslim feel for Muslims and their beliefs.

PEACE

9. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    The only country to ever use a nuclear weapon is the United States.

10. Khonsu

Khonsu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Hotep Hau

First let me say that I'm not a muslims .
    Those who know the real deal know why the image was made , It was to piss the muslms OFF bottom line . What I find funny is 80 % of the nubians christian here in the west agree with the amage . And they worship a white man they call god / Yashua / Jesus . sad - :cry: When your dealing with a people who willing to die ( That Deep ) . How many nubians here are willing to die for what they belive in ????