Audio Video Web Conferencing : Musings on Remodeling

Discussion in 'Audio Video Web Conferencing' started by anAfrican, Jun 13, 2012.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    sounds like something worthwhile; what would it look like? are there any models anywhere?

2. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    a blind investment? ... hmmm ...

and here i thought this would be easy ....

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Brother anAfrican ... a thousand dollars aint no whole lotta money ... in the grand scheme of things.

How much conversation must i invest? How often must we meet? What all i gotta do to get it?

I've had Members give a thousand dollars before, albeit only 2 in our 15 year existence, and never did i have to explain anything, or meet them. I guess it was a "blind investment" on their part, and they are both still Members here and have never spoke of their investment since.

If you don't trust that i'll put it to good use, do my best for the community with it, then perhaps you should reconsider giving it.

I don't know ... maybe i don't know how to accept money properly.

Maybe there should be some sort of long deliberation and contract and such ... i don't know.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with folk giving me money ... and this may be why ... i don't do it right.

Maybe some of the money people in the community can guide us in this.

What is the proper way to do such things, under these type of circumstances?

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

4. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    yeah, i know. that's pretty much how i felt while holding that 11g check and trying to figure what i was gonna do with it. too much to blow and not enough to actually do anything ...

as you mention later in this post; maybe it's just that i ain't used to being able to want to donate this much money to something and things got a bit sideways?

i think too many things got said between either of our responses to what either of us was saying and things got overly complicated. the original question was merely "what would you add to the site?" just "blue sky" "what if" kinda stuff. but, as i expected, there came the question of "why should i waste time speculating if you ain't gonna give it?" and then came the "well how much i gotta say?"??

yeah, sure; i asked because i have been wanting to drop something since i got it. on the other hand, there is the wondering on what you might could wanna do with the site if you could ... ok, well sure "if anything".

<sigh> "donation"or "investment" ... again "too much to blow" "not enough to do anything".

you've done something so fantastic here that it just seems to me that it could do everybody a whole bunch of good if the energy here were to be the global market leader in what destee.com is all about: We Are About Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Black People., i.e.; Healing. building skyscrapers. so, yeah, the sense/feeling/desire of "investment". so, ok, call it a "fantasy", but there did slip in the thought of a discussion on where the 501 that is destee.com wants to go; how it could get there; taking advantage of efforts to "bridge the digital divide"; put the tech in the hands and homes of our people and just generally be the "telepresence service provider" that got our people out from under the oppression and crap ...

well, like they say "how can one have a dream come true if one doesn't dream?"

it really didn't need to get all serious and tense like this. guess i should have said "no, i'm just curious. just askin, ya know?" ... sorry it got all tricky like this. i'll crawl back under my rock now ...