Black Parenting : Music In The Home Of Black Families.

Did you listen to the Beatles in your family house growing up?

• Yes, and I grew up in a black family.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, and I grew up in a black family.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Yes, and I grew up in a non-black family.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, and I grew up in a non-black family.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My closest friend is insisting that black families do not listen to the Beatles (she happens to be black). I can't believe that this is true, and I've tried to tell her that she can't possibly speak for all black families, but she refuses to let it go. Help me prove her wrong? Or right?

Please take a second to vote so we can settle this once and for all.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......WoW!

74424aa8fa5f6d49c5623004bbda6ae3.jpg

What a grand entrance Belle, but welcome anyway and enjoy your stay...Come to think of it, the Beatles first listened to Black People, do the research.

But the answer, rhetorically, would be there has to be at least one Black person that listens to the Beatles. And don't forget Michael Jackson and what he owned of the Beatles.

Peace In,

Hi Clyde! It's funny that you should say that, because one of the first things I said to her in our conversation was that even if she didn't listen to the Beatles, she would probably recognize a ton of their songs because there were so many that were originally written/recorded by black musicians. Thanks for the welcome!

Also - she wants me to amend my original post to say "BEST friend".

.......WoW!

What a grand entrance Belle, but welcome anyway and enjoy your stay...Come to think of it, the Beatles first listened to Black People, do the research.

But the answer, rhetorically, would be there has to be at least one Black person that listens to the Beatles. And don't forget Michael Jackson and what he owned of the Beatles.

Peace In,

My closest friend is insisting that black families do not listen to the Beatles (she happens to be black). I can't believe that this is true, and I've tried to tell her that she can't possibly speak for all black families, but she refuses to let it go. Help me prove her wrong? Or right?

Please take a second to vote so we can settle this once and for all.

What kind of closest friend are you ... trying to disprove your closest friend's own life experience?

An experience you have no first hand knowledge of, yet are receiving first hand knowledge from her.

You should be ashamed of yourself ... apologize to your closest friend ... or define what closest friend means.

:heart:

Destee

Hi Clyde! It's funny that you should say that, because one of the first things I said to her in our conversation was that even if she didn't listen to the Beatles, she would probably recognize a ton of their songs because there were so many that were originally written/recorded by black musicians. Thanks for the welcome!

Also - she wants me to amend my original post to say "BEST friend."

.......Sure Belle, as well you should make her your best friend, also, leave this off: (she happens to be black) ...it sounds patronizing.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back