Black People : MUMIA ABU JAMAL'S FREEDOM JOURNAL

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    http://www.mumia.org/freedom.now/

I was listening to Mumia speak from death row about the role of young people, and found his website with that tape on it... I was struck by what Mumia said about Huey Newton forming the Black Panthers at the tender age of 24, and how young people formed the vast majority of the early Panther power structure, because my studies have always confirmed for me that leadership begins young, and oft DIES young...

Martin King was just 23 years old when E.D. Nixon asked him to head the Montgomery Improvement Association, and Malcolm X was just 27 when the Honorable Elijah Muhammad sent him to head Temple Number 7 in Harlem... Bob Moses was just 27 when he went down to Mississippi, and helped form what later became SNCC... This list of young African leaders is endless, actually, and it really makes me wonder what some of our young people are talking about when it comes to their NEED to have elders leading them...

Elders are for COUNSEL ONLY... Leaders and soldiers fight wars... Young people get on your jobs...(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hotep Ala Antut /Antuk

Thankyou Very Much For Puting This Out There Mumia Is Truely Nubian Who Tells It Like It Is . He's On Death Row Because Of The Europeans Set Him Up , Like Always The Devil Fear The Nubians Brother's Who Stand Up For What's Right . It Like The Elder's Say Lockup The Body But The Mind Stay's Free ,

3. RunawaySlave

RunawaySlave Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    For those serious about Mumia goto www.prisonradio.org or call 415 648 4505 and ask to be on their mailing list and they will send you monthy "Dispatches From Death Row" to your door.. or you can d/load mp3's from their site :thanks:

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Runaway, thanks again on the followup information... Good Lookin' Out! :hulk:

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Free Mumia!!

Thanx for sharing this article with us Brother Isaiah. I do believe that it is up to us young folks to continue the revolution.