Black People : Mumia Abu-Jamal

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SayWord, Oct 19, 2003.

1. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has again rejected Mumia's habeas corpus appeal. They are again treating this man like he doesn't exist. Holding him for a crime that he didn't commit. And they will not allow him to bring into evidence the confession of the man that really killed the police officer. All over the world, people rally behind Mumia. In this country, a great majority of people have no idea who he is. I went to see Angela Daviss speak tonight. And I found out from her tonight that Mumia has been given honorary citizenship in Paris by the Mayor of Paris. This happened just two weeks ago. In Europe, all the major news stations carried this information and spread the word. But over here, in our free democratic state, no news of this has surfaced. And if it has, it has been in small media outlets that don't hit the main stream. I want everyone to try to get the word out that Mumia should be set free. Let everyone know what is going on with his situation.

SET MUMIA FREE!!!!!!!

2. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    BIG RESPECT to Mumia, Freedom supporters, all Political Prisoners

Let us together free Mumia, and not to forget also MOVE9 (now 8), Dublin 8 (now 6), NY 3, Russell "Maroon" Shoatz, Puerto Rican Political Prisoners, Leonard Peltier, and all the other Political Prisoners (too many to name, but those are the most well known).

3. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Mumia is one of the few 'real' Revolutionaries left, we need to get this brotha out of the system because I truly believe he has the right militant strategy to awaken the masses.

FREE MUMIA!!!

4. Big Youth

Big Youth New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Although it is a good thing that Mumia is a French citzen, this will not help him, as Amerikkka is still in major beef with France because of the lack of support for the unjust War with Iraq. This means, that while they are treating him like he doesn't exist, still the government fears him. Now that he has another country to call home, they will go far out of their way to make sure that he stays in the Pen. I think, that we can all agree that Mumi, Mutula, and Sekon, as well as Jackson, Mcgee, and all the other political prisonerz, will stay in jail unless someone breaks them out.....I'm down for that. who else?

5. Nia Maishani

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +1
    You've got my eyes & ears wide open...

My fatigues have been collecting dust for too long, Bruh.

6. Nia Maishani

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +1

My pleasure, Kaka. Yes, we must each one reach & teach many.

Ashe'

7. aretha

aretha Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Michael Moore o

Peace, my first posting in the community. Did y'all know about this, interested in feedblack (post 1 of 2).

"I did not shoot Police Officer Daniel Faulkner. I had nothing to do with the killing of Officer Faulkner. I am innocent." – Sworn Statement, Mumia Abu-Jamal

The International Concerned Family and Friends of Mumia Abu-Jamal demands that Michael Moore publicly substantiate and factually back-up his conclusion of the "probable" guilt of Mumia Abu-Jamal in his latest book, "Dude, Where's My Country?" We are very much aware that Moore will be heavily promoting this book nationally and internationally, a book which calls into question the innocence of Mumia Abu-Jamal right in the midst of extremely intensified court pressures, and so it is critical that this issue be dealt with in a public forum as urgently as possible.

ICFFMAJ challenges Michael Moore to appear in public forums already slated for November 1 and/or December 9, or any other date or time of his choosing, to address his widely-publicized claim of Mumia's guilt in this case. The Oscar-winning filmmaker will certainly be invited to more media venues than ever before to answer questions and debate many charges he has made within this latest publication. ICFFMAJ will accept no less than the same and wants a date to be set immediately for Michael Moore to publicly explain, clarify, and substantiate the following excerpt from his new book:

"Mumia [the campaigning Pennsylvania journalist who was sentenced for the shooting of a police officer and has been on death row since 1982] probably killed that guy. There, I said it. That does not mean he should be denied a fair trial or that he should be put to death. But because we don't want to see him or anyone executed, the efforts to defend him may have overlooked the fact that he did indeed kill that cop. This takes nothing away from the eloquence of his writings or commentary, or the important place he now holds on the international political stage. But he probably did kill that guy."

We very certainly must be contacted by Michael Moore and/or his representatives without delay to publicly address this very important matter. ICFFMAJ is fighting hard to bring evidence to the forefront that has been surpressed for 20+ years in this case and cannot and will not allow claims such as this to go unchallenged.

International Concerned Family & Friends of MAJ
    P.O. Box 19709
    Philadelphia, PA 19143
    Phone - 215-476-8812/ Fax - 215-476-6180
    E-mail - [email protected] www.mumia.org

8. aretha

aretha Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    (2 of 2 for feedblack)

NEO-LIBERAL FLIGHT IN THE HOUR OF CHAOS
    (MUMIA IN THE TERRORDOME)

by Sis. Marpessa Kupendua
    Special to the San Francisco Bay View

It’s maddening to be subjected, time and again, to the weak-kneed whimsy of white neo-liberals. Even more disheartening are the whinings of black activists who trip over each other to act as their apologists when they fail to walk the walk. When the fire gets hot, best believe you can spit on your finger and hold it to the wind to see which way they’ll land.

I refer to the recent revelation that Michael Moore, the John Wayne of white left-dom (and apparently a messianic figure to many activists of color) has arrogantly and with no basis in fact condemned Mumia Abu-Jamal as a liar and a murderer in his latest book. Surely, there must be outrage, right!?

On the contrary, this dagger to the back of Mumia has become fodder for more blustery b.s. than Fox News n ‘em! In fact, they’re probably p.o.’d that I’m/we’re still talking about it!

It’s time to recognize that these lukewarm “conditional” supporters do not now and never will have Mumia’s back. They are wannabe Mumia PIMPS, plain and simple. It’s all good when his pictures and articles are selling their newspapers, books, tapes, increasing their radio listenerships, building their ranks, and “colorizing” their podiums and audiences (nice photo ops!). But when a deliberate, despicable act of aggression by one of their own occurs, they meekly sidewind into the shadows, leaving a foul stench.

We saw this neo-liberal shuffle before when Mumia exercised his right to self-determination and fired his lawyer, Leonard Weinglass. You wouldn’t believe how scores of the white left harrumphed and stamped their feet away from Mumia (as self-determination for black folks is still a foreign concept to many of them – how dare he!), followed by an illicit, cowardly whispering campaign against MOVE and Mumia (perhaps giving Moore the gonads to proclaim ‘There, I said it!’ during his dump). Suddenly, it didn’t matter that Mumia was fighting for his life on death row. Their truest support then, as now, is reserved for their peers in white left-dom.

Sis. Leslie Jones of Youth for Mumia & Bro. Jason Corwin of the League of Indigenous Sovereign Nations of the Western Hemisphere (LISN) have written extensively on Democracy Now’s hyper-promotion of Moore’s book. Although this program has supported Mumia in the past, when “in-depth” reporter Amy Goodman interviewed Moore recently she curiously made nary a peep about his treacherous remarks indicting Mumia!

Sis. Jones writes, “How can you support Mumia’s freedom and promote a book that supports his demise all at the same time?”. Simple logic, but to far too many, a telling revelation that they are more interested in Michael Moore’s right to lie than Mumia’s steadfast declaration of innocence in the face of suppressed evidence and an FOP-led campaign of death!

These acts of solidarity with Moore bolster his hallucination that he will never have to account for his treachery. The aforementioned apologists moan about Moore’s right to his “opinion” ad nauseum. Check it ... Moore’s opinionating carries weight because he has been elevated into the stratosphere by Holly-weird! People who read his book and believe his purposefully misleading “references” on this issue (none of which bolster his claim one iota) are gonna accept what he writes as gospel because they revere him! They won’t investigate the government campaign to silence Mumia since the age of 14, the infamous Judge “fry the ******” Sabo, the FOP-threatened witnesses, corrupted/rejected evidence, and the outrageous lies they’ve fabricated on Mumia! Moore has successfully played into the hands of the state that wants Mumia dead at *all* costs, strategically ingratiated himself with the insidious forces that prompted him to make this attack, *and* retained his Stupid White Man crown amongst the Mumia pimps! Now ain’t that about a blip!

On October 8, 2003, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled against Mumia's appeal citing the "untimeliness" of the evidence proving Mumia's innocence. Time is fast running out for our brother to obtain any semblance of justice from within these courts, making it plainer than plain that only the power of the pressure of *dedicated*, uncompromisable supporters of justice is gonna free him from the clutches of the lynch mob!! We don’t need NO MORE MARTYRS!

Despite all that swirls around him, Mumia consistently writes and records column after column exposing the injustices of this war-mongering, death-loving system, defending the rights of workers everywhere, and calling the righteous people of struggle to hold fast the fight for liberation for ourselves and our future generations.

Sis. Jones writes, “While we cannot honestly say that all white people are alike, we can say that white people (especially white liberals) rarely take the time to check themselves and their own issues of white supremacy.” I say... speak NOW, or forever hold your half-steppin’, some-timey support! DEMAND that Michael Moore back up his claims with FACTS wherever he appears, or leave the door open for even more reckless, unsubstantiated attacks on Mumia!

11/2/03

FREE MUMIA AND ALL PP’S & POW’S!

LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTIONARY SPIRIT OF OUR WARRIOR ANCESTORS!

WE WHO BELIEVE IN FREEDOM CAN *NOT* REST!

(www.afrikan.net / www.mumia.org/ www.onamove.org)

“We could not save Malcolm X, but we can save Mumia. We can save him and we must save him, because we love our Brother, and we need our Brother to help us fight for our freedom.”

– Queen Sis. Assata Shakur