Black People : MULATTOES & AFRICAN AMERICANS

Isaiah said:
Yo, no doubt brother! We find the most ridic @!$% to hang a another brother on... We can be as brutal on one another as we are on the enemy... I guess that's because we see ourselves as the enemy, and not the White Man... Hey, in some respects we are our own worst enemy...

Peace
Isaiah

This is true, no doubt!

DreamFunk said:
"If I was arrested for armed robbery and my mug shot was on the television screen, people wouldn't be debating if I was African-American or not. I'd be a black man going to jail. Now if that's true when bad things are happening, there's no reason why I shouldn't be proud of being a black man when good things are happening, too."
~ Barack Obama
Real talk.

jamesfrmphilly said:
obama is not black. he is a mulatto. i support him as a mulatto.
i do not find it necessary to distort reality in order to support his candidacy.

i do not use the white man's definition. i define what is black.
as a black man myself i claim that right.

What difference does it make weather someone is 50% African and 50 % white?

Our people don't have their facts straight. Someone in your family and mines too was mulatto at some point or another. I guess I'm a little agitated by this African American vs. Mulatto stuff or just plain being black enough. What makes you black enough? You'd be surprised to find out how much white blood you have in you brother as we all do. So when it comes down to it, how much difference does it make weather your 50% African or 75% African or 35% or 45%? Our ancestors all went through the middle passage and if not all come from tribes from various continents which unites us. Barack Obama is probably more connected with his roots than ALL of us put together and then some because he also has an AFRICAN family and an African dad which probably makes him more AFRICAN American than all of us.

This issue with mulattoes or mixed people is the issue or color, not how much African is in their blood imposed on us by none other than the white man ideology of colonialism, views of beauty, and the above. Every culture in the world has their own idea and is bias of beauty and grace and what should be and what it shouldn't be. Sadly, this has gone to an EXTREME in American History and other parts of the world.

I guess you would consider an Ethiopian to be a Mulatto because their noses are narrow and they have wavy curly hair.

That's all so silly when we are all people of color and grow up as colored people and are treated as colored people and racially profiled as color people and stereotyped as colored people. Africa my brother, is made up of ALL colors, ALL shapes, ALL sizes, ALL textures, and ALL varieties.

You have the Arabs that occupied parts of Africa, so their descendents are just as African as they are Arab. You have the Sicillians, yes, I said it, the Sicillians in Italy who were occupied by the Moors or Morrocans, Black Folk even though they will deny having black in them but that thick kinky hair didn't come out of no where and thus originated the Italian Mafia. You have the Portuguese who colonized Angola and the Brazilians. You have the French that came and colonized Benin, Africa and other various parts and Haiti. You have the Spaniards that colonized Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and yet somehow I hear you say that we are not all equal because we do not "LOOK" the same? What I hear come from these different parts of the world are more AFRICAN than what I hear coming out of America because they all preserved parts of their African heritage through music, dance, language, and spirituality.

Just about ALL blacks even in AFRICA are mixed with something. What difference does it make how much AFRICAN you have, especially when you were raised as an African American and with black culture.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say?
This is what I am hearing when you make a comment like this.
Don't mean to assume but please clarify so that I can understand.

Much love, and respect Brotha
Heart to Heart

Desert Storm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back