Black People : MULATTOES & AFRICAN AMERICANS

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    undefinedundefined[/SIZE
    Listening to a talk-radio program in my city on Sunday, the topic turned to the legitimacy of Barak Obama as an authentic and sincere leader of African Americans based not only on his being born of a White mother, but a Nigerian father!!! I was blown away by the analysis, which I think is straight ridic, but...I'd like to get some of you guys points of view on this...

Does an African America born of one White parent, or born of a Continental or diasporan African warrant your suspicion about their loyalty to our community??? I'm gonna leave it right there, because I don't want to "color" anyone's honest point of view... BTW, I am not a supporter of brother Obama, as I don't know near enough about the man to make an informed judgement(no I have not read all of those articles presented here about the man... I prefer to see his record, and hear from his constituents)

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    To me it does not matter. What is funny is that some brothers and sister will critize a mullato for helping out Blacks, but never critize a white person. For example, they would call Brother Obama and automatic sell out because he has white mom and basically cut him down and say he cannot help blacks, but if David Duke said he was a changed man, some brothers and sister would actually embrace him.

Interesting aint it.

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Yo, no doubt brother! We find the most ridic @!$% to hang a another brother on... We can be as brutal on one another as we are on the enemy... I guess that's because we see ourselves as the enemy, and not the White Man... Hey, in some respects we are our own worst enemy...

Peace
    Isaiah

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    thank you!

i knew you'd come around to my point of view sooner or later. :toast:

5. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    No one should be suspect of that man....there are millions of mixed blacks in the US so no one has a right to question his loyalty until he actually does something to lose the respect. Think of how many "all black" people sold the community out.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    are there any "all black" afro americans?

7. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    You are so right... I still can't believe Black folk in Alabama got George Wallace's sorry behind re-elected... smh... Certainly does make one wonder

Much Peace,
    Akilah :spinstar:

8. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    absolutely not.

I was saying that to represent people who think they are what a black person is "supposed" to be. I feel it is so ridiculous. Everyone in the dispora has been mixed to some degree so for them to feel this guy is suspect, they better get that feeling when they look in the mirror.

:toast:

9. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    if obama considers him self a black person only a hater would cut him down, that is if he is for rise & not the fall. i disagree there r many dark-dark skined blks in amerikkka, r these people not unmixed??? i dnt know much about obama, but in my eyes most (key word is most) pro politicians r not dependable, after all these people view success as climbing the wht ladder of success.

10. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    All a bullet sees is Black

To place oneself and one's family in the white public eye takes a certain commitment that makes our debating the issue of whether he's black enough a waste of time and space. When any of us steps out, no matter what the stage it may be on, we put our lives on the line. There are more than enough killers out there who are stalking Black Men, looking for the opportunity to strike. We should be spending more time and space giving SUPPORT to every Brother we can, whether its through sharing positive stories or passing on info to uplift, encourage and empower each other. The other folks have a 24/7/365 international machine that's tracking, reporting and attacking us; we assist that at our own peril. Ask the Brothers in Azania if it mattered what a Brother's coloring was when they instituted apartheid. We need to know because their recent past is our immediate future.
    And its ok if you dont agree with me; we can debate it all day long in the concentration camps.