Pan Africanism : Mugabe tells S.Africa media: 'I don't want to see a white man'

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

:rofl: ... Its easy to know how you feel Mugabe, I feel the same way.

Mugabe tells S.Africa media: 'I don't want to see a white man'

Mugabe was visiting Soweto, heartland of the anti-apartheid struggle, on Thursday on the final day of his state visit to South Africa when he approached a group of reporters.

But after apparently spotting an unwelcome face, he suddenly turned on his heel with the brusque remark: "I don't want to see a white man".

Mugabe's comments were caught by South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) cameras as he left a memorial museum for the 1976 student uprising in Soweto ...

[​IMG]
    Johannesburg (AFP) - Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe walked away from a group of journalists in South Africa (AFP Photo/Stefan Heunis)

http://news.yahoo.com/mugabe-tells-africa-media-dont-want-see-white-151947058.html

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

The good thing about this, is that its not wrong at all. For Mugabe, you and myself its easy and feels good.

3. Black Phoenix

Black Phoenix Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    Good for him! I'm tired of Black people embracing their oppressors: I've had so many skirmishes on why I will never consider white people and others to be Africans. The same white people always wanted to retain their European identities everywhere they went, but now the tide has turned they want to be Kaff*rs? NO NO NO NO!!!!! That's like home invaders terrorizing you in your home then wanting to assume your identity.

4. dtownbrown

dtownbrown Active Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +19
    I need and want to hear from his people in general

I also feel and think some of them do believe a new leader is required to move their nation forward again

fyi

5. Xeon

Xeon Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +20
    "I also feel and think some of them do believe a new leader is required to move their nation forward again."

Good point. But since Mugabe is a violent dictatorial tyrant who abuses and tortures his own people and has zero tolerance for dissent, I'm sure the people in his nation would love to see a much needed change. The removal of the black version of Stalin and Kim Jung Un would probably be welcomed....

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

So far Xeon, you've not said one good word about Black people in general, only remarks such as above ... Anything good to say about Blacks?

7. Xeon

Xeon Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +20
    "So far Xeon, you've not said one good word about Black people in general, only remarks such as above ... Anything good to say about Blacks?"

Really? Hmmmm....well....to answer your question -yes. I have good things to say -if the accolades are merited. I don't celebrate and pump people up just because they have black skin. The praise must be earned by achievement, effort, accomplishment or being victim to unfair circumstances. Otherwise I would be acting like a Skin Head or Aryan Nation knucklehead who rants and raves about having white skin and nothing else. That makes no sense to me. I don't patronize toxic race baiting nor nefarious race myth making. And I don't soft peddle the ugly truth regardless of wide spread popular opinion. Like you -I'm more than willing to take the heat for my personal beliefs. There ya have it.....

But I am reading on a wonderful biography by one of my personal heroes, A. Philip Randolph. I will post a review and recommendation when I am done. Perhaps you are over reaching with your judgment of me.....?

[​IMG]

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

Nope, not overreaching Xeon, just reading what you are writing. And so far, its mostly been negative about Black folk. But thanks for letting me know how you could be acting.

9. Xeon

Xeon Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +20
    "Nope, not overreaching Xeon, just reading what you are writing. And so far, its mostly been negative about Black folk. But thanks for letting me know how you could be acting."

Well, I explained my position and dispelled any anti-black allegations. Thanks for the input though....

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

Not quite, but you have indicated just how racist you could be acting, so thanks for that much:

"Otherwise I would be acting like a Skin Head or Aryan Nation knucklehead who rants and raves about having white skin and nothing else. That makes no sense to me."

Xeon,Today at 9:06 PM