Black Spirituality Religion : Much is being revealed

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ankhur, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    more and more is coming out to the light of examination

2. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    how can anyone speak about the evils of they see in a particular religion and then say their religion has no concept of good and evil?

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I can be a hypocrite - if I wish. I am a Contrary, bruh. When we as African descendants "speak about the evils" of a particular religion, we are discussing the inherent cultural-destructive effects of embracing something that runs opposite to what our ancestors affirmed. Malidoma Some's "Of Water and the Spirit" speaks to this.

Again, I am a hypocrite and I have no shame in admitting that. I walk in one direction just to go another one. I have been to and fro, up and down the earth. My sign, if you're like me, is the zigzig pattern of the lightning....

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    there are great things about all cultures and ancestries and there are things about all cultures and ancestries that are not so great and we need tpo examine both dispassionately, to see what enslaves and what liberates, and as Malcolm said if your religion doesn't do anything for you you need to get rid of it.

Maybe it would be better for the future generations to see God within, and let go of all dogmas regardless of continent of origin.

As a Christian my belief is that the Nation of Gods and Earths will be the best future and destiny for the liberation of the mind of the Black child and the development of the future of the Black community

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Much has been revealed.